It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A.K.A. Record of Agarest War 2.

<span class="bold">Agarest: Generations of War 2</span>, the epic trans-generational jRPG sequel, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

By far the defining feature of the Agarest series has always been its Soul Breed system. In what is both an uncommon gaming mechanic, and a compelling story device, the Agarest games have spanned several generations of heroes tied to a single legacy and a common fate. Now, the many wars and heroes of Agarest return in an alternate timeline. It's the story of a god murdered, the undoing of the terrible things you have wrought, and your bloodline's quest for redemption. Originally released on the Playstation 3, Agarest: Generations of War 2 comes to home computers with a revamped battle system, all-new graphics, and a standalone story that's perfect for newcomers to the series.

Agarest: Generations of War 2 is everything you'd expect from a massive, tough and classic jRPG - complete with a trademark twist and a bit of hanky-panky.

Choices breed consequences in <span class="bold">Agarest: Generations of War 2</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until Wednesday, August 12, 12:59 AM GMT.
They really need to release the DLC for this game as it includes extra characters and costumes. As of now they're selling an incomplete game.
HenitoKisou: Not dlced saves lol, just any clear data/final save from previous game. Importing save from Steam game that have dlc is not needed but yeah, that is comfortable only for owners of previous titles, but not when you have only certain title from the series...
Skysect: I have all games from Agarest but didn't heard it before . Old saves working with new games ? what is this ?
You can import clear save from Agarest1 to Zero, clear save from Zero to Agarest2 not the other way around, so trying import save from Agarest1 to Agarest2 won't work. Clear Save is special one done after you beat the game, normal saves taken from unfinished campaign won't work.

I still hate the fact that they removed Ellis DLC for this game though as it was free addon coming with base game, she has even mini-games and bit of story.
Post edited August 06, 2015 by HenitoKisou
Skysect: I have all games from Agarest but didn't heard it before . Old saves working with new games ? what is this ?
HenitoKisou: You can import clear save from Agarest1 to Zero, clear save from Zero to Agarest2 not the other way around, so trying import save from Agarest1 to Agarest2 won't work. Clear Save is special one done after you beat the game, normal saves taken from unfinished campaign won't work.

I still hate the fact that they removed Ellis DLC for this game though as it was free addon coming with base game, she has even mini-games and bit of story.
If it's free why they removed it from GOG version :S It's really unacceptable .
So this is the american censored versiion? is the STEAM version censored also?
YaTEdiGo: So this is the american censored versiion? is the STEAM version censored also?
Both Steam and GOG ones are censored as PC port was based on censored PS3 version.
YaTEdiGo: So this is the american censored versiion? is the STEAM version censored also?
HenitoKisou: Both Steam and GOG ones are censored as PC port was based on censored PS3 version.
Which to my understanding is actually the European PS3 version, right? The American PS3 version isn't censored, go figure.
HenitoKisou: Both Steam and GOG ones are censored as PC port was based on censored PS3 version.
Gonchi: Which to my understanding is actually the European PS3 version, right? The American PS3 version isn't censored, go figure.
It's obvious answer, not like they censored it on purpose, just used inferior one for port. ;P
Post edited August 07, 2015 by HenitoKisou
johnki: Most people like the 6th or 7th the most but I think FFVII is one of the most overrated games of all time.
Yeah, I really liked FF7 when I was 14 or whenever it was, but it wasn't really that great, and it was one of the first steps in the upward trend of needlessly long in-fight cutscenes. FF8 was the giant leap immediately afterward, and that game pretty much made me bored of every FF except for Tactics from then on. I was more than burnt out by then on the farm-to-win, cutscenes, and zomg-derpy-puzzle-bossfight mechanics.

So, on a scale from 1 to 10, how creepy and gross is the lingering harem anime flavor of this one? Massive Chalice was boring as crap, but at least they were a zero on that scale, mostly because they used models that looked like they were from 2004, but also because of there being no gender skew. Sadly, that game also had boring-as-hell fog-of-war aggro creeping as the ongoing strategy from when I started playing to when I couldn't bear it any longer. I just wish I could like this one, but I get the feeling that I'd mostly just feel dirty and sad playing it.
Post edited August 07, 2015 by mothwentbad
Skysect: If it's free why they removed it from GOG version :S It's really unacceptable .
They didn't remove it from GOG specifically; they removed it from the PC version (try searching on Steam for censorship).
RafaelLVX: Every JPRG Ever
That is going right on the Favorites list.
Grargar: They didn't remove it from GOG specifically; they removed it from the PC version (try searching on Steam for censorship).
link
RafaelLVX: like Every JPRG Ever.
SPOILERS!
(lol half joke, half true)
Grargar: They didn't remove it from GOG specifically; they removed it from the PC version (try searching on Steam for censorship).
ne_zavarj: link
Uhm... I only had a quick look at that list but it doesn't seem correct.

The banana scene is definitely in the game (you don't have to take my word for it you can look up Agarest 2 Super Ecchi Banana event on youtube if you want to see it).
Of the hot spring scenes only very few were "cut", so far I found confirmation about one image cut out and rumors about two others being changed, but couldn't find more details and as there are quite a few hotspring images in the game I haven't found the time to compare them all with the Japanese version.

I have no clue which monster attack scene with Fiona is supposedly removed, I believe they're all in there, but then again I'm not through with the game yet and a big part of my knowledge is based on youtube videos.

True is that the massage minigame does not contain Fiona in Generation 1 and 2 because she's a child then, in Generation 3, when she's an adult, you can massage her.
You still get the stats you need though in G1 and G2, so it does not hinder your progress in the game at all.
So, if a player really wants to massage an 11yo old girl, including her breasts, to give her "ecstasy time" and increase the romance level with her, he/she will need to get the uncensored Japanese version.
Post edited August 07, 2015 by Piranjade
There's one thing worse than DRM. Censored games like this :-/
While I want to support Japanese games coming to the PC, I am opposed to DRM, censorship, and incomplete products.