It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A.K.A. Record of Agarest War 2.

<span class="bold">Agarest: Generations of War 2</span>, the epic trans-generational jRPG sequel, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

By far the defining feature of the Agarest series has always been its Soul Breed system. In what is both an uncommon gaming mechanic, and a compelling story device, the Agarest games have spanned several generations of heroes tied to a single legacy and a common fate. Now, the many wars and heroes of Agarest return in an alternate timeline. It's the story of a god murdered, the undoing of the terrible things you have wrought, and your bloodline's quest for redemption. Originally released on the Playstation 3, Agarest: Generations of War 2 comes to home computers with a revamped battle system, all-new graphics, and a standalone story that's perfect for newcomers to the series.

Agarest: Generations of War 2 is everything you'd expect from a massive, tough and classic jRPG - complete with a trademark twist and a bit of hanky-panky.

Choices breed consequences in <span class="bold">Agarest: Generations of War 2</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until Wednesday, August 12, 12:59 AM GMT.
xep624: BTW: Grandia 2 HD remake is coming to GOG.com, which makes me very happy!
Had to google that. Thanks for sharing man.
Great, thank you for bringing it in, GOG.
xep624: BTW: Grandia 2 HD remake is coming to GOG.com, which makes me very happy!
gunshellmav: Had to google that. Thanks for sharing man.
I haven't played many jRPGs but this one was just awesome, interesting story and goog turn-based combat. And quite a long one too.
FoxySage: *Blinks*

That was... the most anime intro i've ever seen for a game. I guess it just shows how little i know about the jrpg genre. :P

Come to think of it, i don't think i have ever played a single jrpg. (Not even the overhyped Final Fantasy series)
JudasIscariot: The American NES versions of Final Fantasy 1-3 were actually pretty good games in their own right and they weren't saddled with too many of the trappings you see in jrpgs of today :)
JUDAS!

The 4th one has the most likable characters, in my opinion. Most people like the 6th or 7th the most but I think FFVII is one of the most overrated games of all time.
Skysect: In these days nearly all other games have complete DLC packs on GOG but this game and other Agarest games have tons of DLC but none of them aren't here . Weird :S
Grargar: That's because GOG felt that those DLCs didn't belong here.
Nope , not all dlcs are unlockable items :S Some of them adding unique weapons , some of them adding characters . With this way GOG versions are inferior . At least they must give those unique DLCs . Need to work with Ghostlight .
Skysect: Nope , not all dlcs are unlockable items :S Some of them adding unique weapons , some of them adding characters . With this way GOG versions are inferior . At least they must give those unique DLCs . Need to work with Ghostlight .
These are the DLC packs of the first Agarest:

DLC Pack 1
DLC Pack 2
DLC Pack 3
DLC Pack 4
DLC Pack 5
DLC Pack 6

I don't see any mention of extra characters and I don't think that any of the equipment is unique. Not completely sure about the Agarest 0 or 2, though.
Some of these so called unique items and weapons are either early unlocks or balance breaking OP weapons different only by appearance and not so if only cosmetic in statistics. There is list here for first game, in further sequels they were even more just early unlock and redundant items:
http://www.gog.com/forum/agarest_generations_of_war_series/what_puts_content_in_agarests_downloadable_content_packs_not_available_on_gog
Post edited August 06, 2015 by HenitoKisou
Skysect: Nope , not all dlcs are unlockable items :S Some of them adding unique weapons , some of them adding characters . With this way GOG versions are inferior . At least they must give those unique DLCs . Need to work with Ghostlight .
Grargar: These are the DLC packs of the first Agarest:

DLC Pack 1
DLC Pack 2
DLC Pack 3
DLC Pack 4
DLC Pack 5
DLC Pack 6

I don't see any mention of extra characters and I don't think that any of the equipment is unique. Not completely sure about the Agarest 0 or 2, though.
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/agarest_generations_of_war_dlc_armoury this is for first game .

http://www.gog.com/forum/agarest_generations_of_war_series/what_puts_content_in_agarests_downloadable_content_packs_not_available_on_gog

It's even worse for other games of the series . Missing characters etc .
Post edited August 06, 2015 by Skysect
JudasIscariot: The American NES versions of Final Fantasy 1-3 were actually pretty good games in their own right and they weren't saddled with too many of the trappings you see in jrpgs of today :)
johnki: JUDAS!

The 4th one has the most likable characters, in my opinion. Most people like the 6th or 7th the most but I think FFVII is one of the most overrated games of all time.
To be honest, the fourth game lacks party or character customization, limiting your options. The fifth game is far better as a game, allowing enough customization to make things interesting while being hard enough for that customization to not be pointless (but not so hard that there's only one option).

Also, it seems that the developers at least cared about the sanity of the battle mechanics. Later in the series you have issues such as physical attacks scaling faster than magic (in FFX, O(x^3) versus O(x^2)). While playing FF6, I actually got into a battle that could not end, meaning the game was softlocked (even though no bug had been triggered).

Anyway, I would like to see Ghostlight port the rest of the Elminage series to the PC and release the games here.
Grargar: These are the DLC packs of the first Agarest:

DLC Pack 1
DLC Pack 2
DLC Pack 3
DLC Pack 4
DLC Pack 5
DLC Pack 6

Skysect: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/agarest_generations_of_war_dlc_armoury this is for first game .

It's even worse for other games of the series . Missing characters etc .
Not exactly true, you can import them by save from another game so they don't need be unlocked directly through DLC (in Agarest Zero you have access to heroes from Agares1 through kind of time gates), however the only known character missing for Agarest2 is Ellis.
Well,dunno how to feel about this one.I like the artstyle,generally i enjoy games like disgaea.I've bought the first agarest game...and the battles were the most monotonous and repetitious thing ever dumb as brick A.I.,you pick the most powerful attack and slash away at enemies that pose no threat at all plus the later grinding.Is the battle system in this game ANY different and challenging or is it exactly the same?
HenitoKisou: Not exactly true, you can import them by save from another game so they don't need be unlocked directly through DLC (in Agarest Zero you have access to heroes from Agares1 through kind of time gates), however the only known character missing for Agarest2 is Ellis.
It's not logical and economical way for me to import dlced saves from Steam version sorry . If GOG or Ghostlight really care their customers need to do something about those releases .
Not dlced saves lol, just any clear data/final save from previous game. Importing save from Steam game that have dlc is not needed but yeah, that is comfortable only for owners of previous titles, but not when you have only certain title from the series...
Post edited August 06, 2015 by HenitoKisou
HenitoKisou: Not dlced saves lol, just any clear data/final save from previous game. Importing save from Steam game that have dlc is not needed but yeah, that is comfortable only for owners of previous titles, but not when you have only certain title from the series...
I have all games from Agarest but didn't heard it before . Old saves working with new games ? what is this ?
FoxySage: *Blinks*

That was... the most anime intro i've ever seen for a game. I guess it just shows how little i know about the jrpg genre. :P

Come to think of it, i don't think i have ever played a single jrpg. (Not even the overhyped Final Fantasy series)
Get Chrono Trigger, it was originally released for SNES and now it's available for smartphones, NDS and PS3 (I think). Still very playable for newcomers, truly an excellent game, though you might need to overlook the somewhat boring and long beginning (like Every JPRG Ever).