It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time for a mysterious, dark fantasy sci-fi adventure – A Whisper in the Twilight: Chapter One is now available on GOG!

A Whisper in the Twilight: Chapter One is an immersive first-person game that combines elements of mystery, science fiction, and puzzles. It offers a completely distinct player experience with the goal of reimagining the single-player gaming genre. It places a significant emphasis on its compelling narrative, drawing you into an immersive world through rich environmental details. To succeed, you have to engage in puzzle-solving, uncovering clues, and navigating threats.

Now on GOG!
high rated
should be marked as 'in dev' or offered as a demo since it's only chapter 1 of 10 (TEN!), with zero info on the store page about the rest, no roadmap, nothing. I doubt they're gonna sell each for 15 bucks, making it a $150 game, but they say they'll be 'self-contained' and dev/publisher greed knows no bounds, so who knows. if all 10 chapters ever get made, that is. if people stopped buying unfinished episodic shit, maybe we'd get games that are actually complete when they come out.
is this something like myst?
XYCat: is this something like myst?
You will definitely find some Myst vibes, in terms of atmosphere. However, the story and gameplay style have their own identity and the game is not a Point and Click.
XYCat: is this something like myst?
InorganicVisions: You will definitely find some Myst vibes, in terms of atmosphere. However, the story and gameplay style have their own identity and the game is not a Point and Click.
Glad to see the dev here to alleviate our concerns. While my fellow customer was a bit harsh, he does have a few good points. What can we expect regarding the release of the remaining chapters?

BTW, ask Gog to be given developer status for your forum posts. It will make them appear in a different color.
Dohi64: should be marked as 'in dev' or offered as a demo since it's only chapter 1 of 10 (TEN!), with zero info on the store page about the rest, no roadmap, nothing. I doubt they're gonna sell each for 15 bucks, making it a $150 game, but they say they'll be 'self-contained' and dev/publisher greed knows no bounds, so who knows. if all 10 chapters ever get made, that is. if people stopped buying unfinished episodic shit, maybe we'd get games that are actually complete when they come out.
Hi, I'm Max, the developer. Thanks for your comment.
You can get any information about the project here on the official website:
https://www.inorganicvisions.com/a-whisper-in-the-twilight
or you can visit us in our Discord, where you will get a lot of additional information:
https://discord.gg/kecH3N7erM
The ten Chapters will all be developed. This is a project that I am producing economically on my own, with the precious collaboration of people who are passionate about the plot. It is therefore 100% indie.
There's no greed here, sorry. For now I'm just working on this project 15 hours a day for almost two years and I'm spending my savings day after day.
About your comment: "If people stopped buying unfinished episodic shit...". This is your personal guess. That aside, some stories simply take longer to tell.
Regarding the price per Chapter, it will never exceed 20 euros, although subsequent Chapters will be increasingly larger and the hours of play will increase significantly.
At the moment, the other Chapters have already been structured, and the Second Chapter will be released in the first months of 2024.
I hope I have clarified your doubts.
Thank you for your time.
InorganicVisions: You will definitely find some Myst vibes, in terms of atmosphere. However, the story and gameplay style have their own identity and the game is not a Point and Click.
joppo: Glad to see the dev here to alleviate our concerns. While my fellow customer was a bit harsh, he does have a few good points. What can we expect regarding the release of the remaining chapters?

BTW, ask Gog to be given developer status for your forum posts. It will make them appear in a different color.
Thanks for your advice, I still need to fill out my profile information correctly. For any questions, don't hesitate to ask ;)
Post edited November 03, 2023 by InorganicVisions
A demo would sure be nice.

Also: minimum system requirements says Windows 10, but "Works on" is basically XP and up... which is it?
Post edited November 03, 2023 by fuzzknuckle
fuzzknuckle: A demo would sure be nice.

Also: minimum system requirements says Windows 10, but "Works on" is basically XP and up... which is it?
Hi Fuzzknuckle. XP? The game simply works fine from Windows 10 and up ;)
I want to get the entire series, as this genre is right up my alley!

So the wait will be excruciating, to say the least, so how long is the first chapter, is what I want to know, before potentially snagging this game!

Also, I really want to thank you for bringing this to gog!
Post edited November 04, 2023 by DNMR2K5
DNMR2K5: I want to get the entire series, as this genre is right up my alley!

So the wait will be excruciating, to say the least, so how long is the first chapter, is what I want to know, before potentially snagging this game!

Also, I really want to thank you for bringing this to gog!
Hi there,
thank you for your enthusiasm!
The length of the game is highly personal. It depends on your playing style and your aptitude for solving puzzles. Personally, it would take me 8 hours to finish this chapter.
On 18 testers the average was 9 hours of play. Some took longer, some less, it depends on how much you want to enjoy the sounds and sights, and how much you want to immerse yourself in the game environment.
This project is full of detail and lore and even "secondary" plots, so it's really up to you. If you are in a hurry to finish or if you want to enjoy the adventure 100%.
But if you are someone who likes original stories and immersive worlds, I can assure you that it is worth more than the money you will spend.
As for the subsequent Chapters, the hours of play and the vastness of the explorable territory will grow exponentially, simply because my experience as a developer has increased.
This project is an adventure for the players as it is for me and my small development team.
We are doing this thing from the heart.
Thanks again for your comment.
Chapter One? Uh-oh...hopefully it doesn't get side-tracked like Sherlock Holmes.
pferreira1983: Chapter One? Uh-oh...hopefully it doesn't get side-tracked like Sherlock Holmes.
Hi there! No, don't worry. The entire project has already been written and the division into chapters was necessary in order to best tell a very complex story from a narrative point of view. It will be a kind of progression of the adventure and everything will remain coherent and connected.
pferreira1983: Chapter One? Uh-oh...hopefully it doesn't get side-tracked like Sherlock Holmes.
InorganicVisions: Hi there! No, don't worry. The entire project has already been written and the division into chapters was necessary in order to best tell a very complex story from a narrative point of view. It will be a kind of progression of the adventure and everything will remain coherent and connected.
While it's good to hear that you have the remaining chapters planned out, I'm not sure that is the problem. For example, what happens to the remaining chapters if the first chapter doesn't sell well? What happens if the person developing the game is forced to stop development for personal e.g. health reasons? You end up in a George R. R. Martin situation, where you invest your time and money into something that may never see completion. That is why people prefer to buy completed products, though I understand that may not be financially viable for you.
InorganicVisions: ~Snip~
Hi there,
The length of the game is highly personal. It depends on your playing style and your aptitude for solving puzzles. Personally, it would take me 8 hours to finish this chapter.
On 18 testers the average was 9 hours of play. Some took longer, some less, it depends on how much you want to enjoy the sounds and sights, and how much you want to immerse yourself in the game environment.
This project is full of detail and lore and even "secondary" plots, so it's really up to you. If you are in a hurry to finish or if you want to enjoy the adventure 100%.
But if you are someone who likes original stories and immersive worlds, I can assure you that it is worth more than the money you will spend.
As for the subsequent Chapters, the hours of play and the vastness of the explorable territory will grow exponentially, simply because my experience as a developer has increased.
This project is an adventure for the players as it is for me and my small development team.
OK, I'm buying it, as soon as both 1 and 2 comes out, can't wait actually because this is a real compelling, and highly addicting genre for me; the first person puzzler!

So I grab them up as soon as I'm able! ;^)
InorganicVisions: ~Snip~
Hi there,
DNMR2K5: OK, I'm buying it, as soon as both 1 and 2 comes out, can't wait actually because this is a real compelling, and highly addicting genre for me; the first person puzzler!

So I grab them up as soon as I'm able! ;^)
We are happy that you want to experience this adventure. Chapter Two will be released in the first two months of 2024, we are currently recording the characters' voices. If sales allow it, we will be able to publish the remaining Chapters more quickly.
If you like, join our Discord, our community is very friendly. Here you can see the work in progress with some videos and screenshots, and you can stay updated on every activity of the project ;)
https://discord.gg/kecH3N7erM