It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Voxels of mass destruction

<span class="bold">8-Bit Armies</span>, a fast-paced RTS of blocky voxel mayhem, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and a 10% launch discount.

War is a ruthless, violent, messy affair. Unless it's done by small blocky men, riding blocky vehicles, and bleeding blocky blood. Then it's also great fun. Because intense voxel warfare requires resources, resourcefulness, and mean commanding skills. But whether you're leading your weird-looking dudes through the 25-mission campaign or against your best friends, figuring out how to take advantage of every situation is only half the fun. The other half is simply spreading chaos and watching the destructible environment and soldiers go boom.

Unleash your <span class="bold">8-Bit Armies</span> upon strategically placed voxels, DRM-free on GOG.com. If you can't get the game's electronic tunes out of your head, be sure to also grab the addictive <span class="bold">soundtrack</span>. The 10% launch discount on both the game and its OST will last until April 29, 4:59 PM UTC.
The art style reminds me of Planetary Annihilation.
Anyone knows how well it runs? Is this game friendly to mid range systems? The graphics look simple enough but that doesn't necessarily say much. Are there lots of graphics options to play with?
Matewis: Anyone knows how well it runs? Is this game friendly to mid range systems? The graphics look simple enough but that doesn't necessarily say much. Are there lots of graphics options to play with?
The devs said that they tried to make the game as little demanding as possible for it to be able to run on every possible computer.
Once apon a time the soundtrack was a normal goodie for every game where a soundtrack was available ... :/

*sigh*
Matruchus: The devs said that they tried to make the game as little demanding as possible for it to be able to run on every possible computer.
Cool thanks, I might have to grab this one then.
Matruchus: The devs said that they tried to make the game as little demanding as possible for it to be able to run on every possible computer.
Matewis: Cool thanks, I might have to grab this one then.
Well if you buy it let me know and we can try some multiplayer.
Does it have local LAN?
Matruchus: There is only one faction for now but the developers intend to add 6 more factions with each faction getting its own campaign.
The "naive" question, but just to know a little more about this game : all of this for free ?
What do they intend to include in the future ?
Because if it's as fun as Red Alert 1 & 2, with a lot of content (and Franck Klepacki's soundtrack), and if it can run on my computer... Sounds very good.

Have you tried it ? Would you advice it regarding what you played so far ? (if you had time to play it of course :))
op2017: Does it have local LAN?
Not for the time being.
Matruchus: Well if you buy it let me know and we can try some multiplayer.
Will do :)
Matruchus: There is only one faction for now but the developers intend to add 6 more factions with each faction getting its own campaign.
Splatsch: The "naive" question, but just to know a little more about this game : all of this for free ?
What do they intend to include in the future ?
Because if it's as fun as Red Alert 1 & 2, with a lot of content (and Franck Klepacki's soundtrack), and if it can run on my computer... Sounds very good.

Have you tried it ? Would you advice it regarding what you played so far ? (if you had time to play it of course :))
This is the long answer to your first question: http://steamcommunity.com/app/427250/discussions/0/371919771756489695/

This is what they will probably include (ingame footage I took): https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_8bit_armies_581f6/post37

It definitely is C&C but in voxel art. Campaign mission are short but fun. Everything in the game - houses and stuff is destroyable. Definitely what I have been waiting for some time in RTS.
Post edited April 23, 2016 by Matruchus
This look like a lot of fun and I do like the art style. I sadly can't purchase it right now but it's going on my wishlist.

I saw a mention of more factions/campaigns coming in the future, any one knows if those cost anything or be free?
justanoldgamer: This look like a lot of fun and I do like the art style. I sadly can't purchase it right now but it's going on my wishlist.

I saw a mention of more factions/campaigns coming in the future, any one knows if those cost anything or be free?
As much as I understand it has not been decided yet if its going to be free or a paid dlc.
Post edited April 23, 2016 by Matruchus
did the developers ever see 8-bit game? :-) this looks like 32-bit at least

goodly realistically 8-bit like looking game is for example <span class="bold">Retro city rampage dx</span>
Post edited April 23, 2016 by flanner
Okay, I have a question.

Does the game support AA (anti-aliasing)? All the screenshots seem to lack it (but that could just be the extreme jpeg artefacts they also suffer from).