It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Return to the Arcade.

The wait is finally over: 15 -count 'em- 15 essential SNK NEO・GEO classics that no gamer should be without, are finally available DRM-free on GOG.com!

These are the games that devoured our entire allowance when we were skipping school to beat them at the Arcade. For convenience's sake, we've broken them down into three bundles:

<span class="bold">METAL SLUG Bundle</span>: Easily the most insatiable coin-eaters of the bunch, METAL SLUG 1, 2, 3, and X are still just as fun as you remember them from these blessed times. They all come sporting GOG Galaxy support complete with leaderboards, and -with the exception of METAL SLUG 2- both local and online multiplayer functionalities.

<span class="bold">Fighting Classics Bundle</span>: These games' legacy is made up of fierce combos, brutal takedowns, and lots of broken controllers: FATAL FURY SPECIAL, SAMURAI SHODOWN 2, SAMURAI SHODOWN V, THE LAST BLADE, THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000, and THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 CLASSIC. Are you up for a rematch? We thought so!

<span class="bold">Arcade Games Bundle</span>: The collection would not be complete without these lesser known but equally addictive hidden gems: BLAZING STAR, BASEBALL STARS 2, KING OF THE MONSTERS, SHOCK TROOPERS, and TWINKLE STAR SPRITES.

Get each game individually for -50% or together with its bundle for 75%.
These discounts will last until June 6, 1PM UTC.

NOTE: Make sure to check each game's individual store page for details on their GOG Galaxy supported features.

Watch the trailer for METAL SLUG.

Watch the trailer for THE LAST BLADE.
Post edited May 30, 2017 by maladr0Id
Heh. I noticed that, for some reason, all these games' titles are set in ALL CAPS in the store. Looking at the list under the "New" tab, I thought maybe they'd reverted to displaying all titles in capitalized form, but, scrolling down, all other titles still show up in the "new", variable-caps (or whatever it's called) form.
Maybe THE PUBLISHER insisted that THEIR GAMES could only be sold here if they were given THE PROPER EMPHASIS. :P
Question to GOG:
Are these the terrible terrible Metal Slug ports by DotEmu?
Looks like GOG bear ate my post. Just want to say thank you GOG! <3 Sweet childhood memories are back all over.
Matruchus: The website has been sluggish and occasionally unresponsive for more then three hours. I guess its mainly cause of Gwent multiplayer service and the website update.

It was sluggish for a couple of days for me but still loading but it got very bad today.
The update that happened a few weeks ago? Or was something else updated just in the last couple days?
PaterAlf: Any thoughts about the baseball game?
Chacranajxy: Baseball Stars 2 is one of the best sports games ever. It falls squarely into the NBA Jam camp of unrealistic sports games, and it's equally as fun.
Sounds good. Will pick it up.
Matruchus: The website has been sluggish and occasionally unresponsive for more then three hours. I guess its mainly cause of Gwent multiplayer service and the website update.

It was sluggish for a couple of days for me but still loading but it got very bad today.
HunchBluntley: The update that happened a few weeks ago? Or was something else updated just in the last couple days?
Nah, I should have been more specific. Todays store update with the big surprise games release (not really since a gog employee mistakenly leaked everything about it on twitter).
The_Gypsy: I've seen a few posts about this recently, is there a real shot of it happening soon?
A week ago GoG added Bethesda Game Studios to the catalog. This is the child company of Bethesda Softworks that developed Oblivion. So at least Oblivion is incoming.

Fallout New Vegas was published by Bethesda Softworks and developed by Obsidian Entertainment so no new company would be added for it. But it was leaked as coming here a while back. Hopefully we will see it.

[EDIT] Bethesda Game Studios also developed Skyrim - so we could get that instead of Oblivion. I certainly wouldn't complain but I doubt it... would be nice tho :)
Post edited May 30, 2017 by tremere110
omega64: Question to GOG:
Are these the terrible terrible Metal Slug ports by DotEmu?
I think you misspelled "The only ports by dotemu"
But seriously doh, games galore. I ain't arguing
Do these have the save feature? Because nobody's going to play 36 hours of baseball stars 2 in one sitting just to beat it
The_Gypsy: I've seen a few posts about this recently, is there a real shot of it happening soon?
tremere110: A week ago GoG added Bethesda Game Studios to the catalog. This is the child company of Bethesda Softworks that developed Oblivion. So at least Oblivion is incoming.

Fallout New Vegas was published by Bethesda Softworks and developed by Obsidian Entertainment so no new company would be added for it. But it was leaked as coming here a while back. Hopefully we will see it.
Yeah, well, they also added Microsoft and other companies to the "dev/pub" list long ago, and we have yet to see anything from some of them. More Bethesda games may well come soon, but they also could come Soon™.
low rated
Its been available for quite some time elsewhere (HUmble at leas). Lets all celebrate how far behind the curve we are here on GOG.
Does the Metal Slug GOG versions have Infinite Continues or Save States?
Interesting. DotEmu just said they had no involvement in this.

https://twitter.com/DotEmu/status/869605991033303040

So where did these ports come from?

I'm PERSONALLY thinking these are their ports, but repackaged by SNK somehow.
Post edited May 30, 2017 by Foxhack
low rated
These have been available elsewhere (Humble at least) for quite some time. Lets celebrate how far behind the curve we are here on GOG, or were they waiting for Galaxy integration...
high rated
Elmofongo: Does the Metal Slug GOG versions have Infinite Continues or Save States?
I think you actually have to buy an adapter for your PC in order to insert quarters ;)