It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Return to the Arcade.

The wait is finally over: 15 -count 'em- 15 essential SNK NEO・GEO classics that no gamer should be without, are finally available DRM-free on GOG.com!

These are the games that devoured our entire allowance when we were skipping school to beat them at the Arcade. For convenience's sake, we've broken them down into three bundles:

<span class="bold">METAL SLUG Bundle</span>: Easily the most insatiable coin-eaters of the bunch, METAL SLUG 1, 2, 3, and X are still just as fun as you remember them from these blessed times. They all come sporting GOG Galaxy support complete with leaderboards, and -with the exception of METAL SLUG 2- both local and online multiplayer functionalities.

<span class="bold">Fighting Classics Bundle</span>: These games' legacy is made up of fierce combos, brutal takedowns, and lots of broken controllers: FATAL FURY SPECIAL, SAMURAI SHODOWN 2, SAMURAI SHODOWN V, THE LAST BLADE, THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000, and THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 CLASSIC. Are you up for a rematch? We thought so!

<span class="bold">Arcade Games Bundle</span>: The collection would not be complete without these lesser known but equally addictive hidden gems: BLAZING STAR, BASEBALL STARS 2, KING OF THE MONSTERS, SHOCK TROOPERS, and TWINKLE STAR SPRITES.

Get each game individually for -50% or together with its bundle for 75%.
These discounts will last until June 6, 1PM UTC.

NOTE: Make sure to check each game's individual store page for details on their GOG Galaxy supported features.

Watch the trailer for METAL SLUG.

Watch the trailer for THE LAST BLADE.
Post edited May 30, 2017 by maladr0Id
Stuff: Hummnn, 90's games that won't run on XP or Vista??? omega64's image post of a Galaxy error? Seems requiring the Galaxy client has broken / infested GOG releases from running on older OS's. Craft the World was broken for me after the multiplayer mod / Galaxy requirement release so I assume it will be included in all future GOG releases??

I have an XP box that I let my brother's kids play on and would normally jump on these bundles but . . . I'll pass. I guess GOG releases require Galaxy from here on out which is a deal breaker for me. =(
Well, they did say they were going to have normal installers for the time being, and not ship Galaxy with those. It could be omega64 just went over to the darkside and ran the games through Galaxy (as they do apparently have support for that).
Stuff: omega64's image post of a Galaxy error?
Galaxy error? it just shows the path where it's installed. :P
nightcraw1er.488: . .
Looking at the game cards for Metal Slug the games support only Win 7 and up which I believe is imposed on the game by Galaxy not running on XP or Vista. I am probably wrong on that, correct me if I am wrong??

If the "normal installers" do support XP and Vista it would be nice to have GOG state that as a fact and mention it on the game cards.

omega64: . .
I guess what disturbs me about your error message is WHY is "Galaxy" even in the game path? It matters not except maybe to me as it's just a personal uneasiness that I am feeling. When games that should run on older OS's do not because of the possible use of a client code embedded in the game I am concerned.

Tell me it will run on older OS's and any multiplayer options still work without the Galaxy client and you will make my day. =)
Stuff: I guess what disturbs me about your error message is WHY is "Galaxy" even in the game path?
Because the default path for Galaxy-installed games is inside the "Galaxy" folder.
Man, I'm all over this once I get paid. :D
Grargar: ...
Thanks, I did not realize that as I don't use Galaxy.

I believe that does confirm my concerns that the games won't work on the older OS's because of the Galaxy client compatibility GOG has encoded into the installs. I do realize the security issues but would prefer not to have older games restricted / incompatible with an OS because of a client.

I would like to have these games run on this XP box as it is never online and keeps my niece and nephew off of my other boxes. =) They should run on XP and Vista if not for the Galaxy client use for multiplayer options.

Things change and it's not a real problem other than limiting my purchases now and in the future. Thanks again for the clarification.
high rated
Stuff: I believe that does confirm my concerns that the games won't work on the older OS's because of the Galaxy client compatibility GOG has encoded into the installs. I do realize the security issues but would prefer not to have older games restricted / incompatible with an OS because of a client.
There is nothing 'encoded' in the installers.
XP / Vista are no longer listed as supported OSes because we are no longer testing releases on them. We offer absolutely no guarantee that the particular game will / will not work on a such system.

We do not deliberately sabotaging games -_-'
Thiev: . . .
There was NO intent on my part to suggest you were doing any such thing. I was only recognizing that games that I would expect to run perfectly on older OS's are further prohibited from doing so if they need the Galaxy client maybe only because the client is incompatible with the older OS's..

Craft the World was not compatible on XP once the client was required. Install the older version it works, install the client enabled version . . . it does not. I merely wanted to express my disappointment when I see games that clearly should run on XP not being able to . . possibly because of the use of the client for multiplayer.
Meh, its just the client being not supported for XP anymore, just download the game instead of using galaxy and just forget about the multiplayer aspects, the games still are perfectly fine without them. Or just get a newer OS. Linux works too and is a perfectly valid compeditor, free also.

Another, very, very, extremly important question. Is Windjammers coming at some point? I really need that game :P.
Post edited May 31, 2017 by Dray2k
I would like to ask if all 15 games are just arcade ports (as in there are no saves and I need to enter "coins" to keep playing) like MAME games
The irem bundle was a lot better
UnrealQuakie: Ok everyone I downloaded all the metal slugs and tested each of them

so far here is what you get

resolutions of 4k highest all games support

1 or 2 player, single player

online gog galaxy multiplayer ( metal slug 2 DOES NOT HAVE ONLINE only local 2 player and single player )

changeable button layouts for keyboard and controller and hori fight stick which I tested.

Metal slug 2 lags a lot just like the dotemu humble bundle version ( 1,3,4 do not lag )

metal slug 3 has unlock able gallery

all games support auto rapid fire so you don't need to spam the button to fire constantly, just hold down and spray :P

alt tab friendly

4:3 or 16:9 support options for monitor in menu

Scan line option 50%/ 100% makes it kinda look cool and not bad looking.

audio sounds just like original

no save states for in levels from what I tested. might have it but not sure.

all the games have a bit of an altered character selection screen ( these are Not original games ) these games are modified not emulators from the looks of it, If you want originals stick with the humble bundle versions or emulators.

last off is

I have to say these are amazing versions of the game, it has online single and multi with keybind and resolution options, so if you buy this you will be happy but if you are a purist and wan't the raw version of these games with the lag that the actual neo geo machines had then go with the humble bundle versions. I have 1,2,3 on original cartridge and I can confirm the lag that the humble bundle has is identical to the original cartridge.

NOW BUY IT! I will be online to play some games today so yeah!
What bout movelists? It's not worth buying unless it comes with visual movelists
Post edited May 31, 2017 by BananaJane
Dray2k: . . .
I don't use Galaxy so that is not the problem. The issue is that these games may act exactly like Craft The World. The client enabled version simply would not open . . period. Gives a call error and hangs up. Revert to the previous version and all is well.

I expect these bundles to do the same based on that experience. Was considering purchasing them to confirm but I don't have the time. If they would open on XP and allow game play maybe buggy but playable then my concerns are invalid. On the other hand if they refuse to open like Craft The World than this is a behavior I need to be aware of as I buy games specifically for the niece and nephew to play on the XP box. It is not an issue for me other than "knowing" about it for future game purchases for that box. =)

Edit:

To determine if Metal Slug was compatible with XP SP3 I purchased the Metal Slug bundle. I installed MS 1 and MS 3. Both installed without an error. When I tried to open them I received the error messages attached below. There is no other reason for my test other than to confirm for myself that older games, not marked as XP compatible on the game card, will most likely NOT run on an XP SP3 box.
Attachments:
msxperror.jpg (106 Kb)
Post edited May 31, 2017 by Stuff
Are these games censored? I remember I had to set my old MVS to japanese region code if I wanted to play my games uncut. Are the SNk-games on gog uncut or are they censored?
cybddr: I would like to ask if all 15 games are just arcade ports (as in there are no saves and I need to enter "coins" to keep playing) like MAME games
This is what I want to know as well. I'm very interested in baseball stars 2 , but only if I can save.
ReynardFox: As bad as the Humble release is, it at least doesn't replace the game's title screen, attract mode and character select screen with crappy mobile phone quality static menus with sub-par artwork.

Edit: AND IT RUNS FAR BETTER TOO.

What the actual hell GOG?
Oh no : (
I was happy about this release, but now..
Post edited May 31, 2017 by phaolo