It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: Sieg ...
toxicTom: fail!
Deutschland, Deutschland, unter alles,
GOG gerfuckken in der sale...

;)
IAmSinistar: Deutschland, Deutschland, unter alles,
GOG gerfuckken in der sale...

;)
:-D
I would really like to know what kind of legal restrictions make it impossible to buy Quake II and Quake III in Germany. Both games are only on list A of the german index and not completely banned like the Wolfenstein games so they are on the same list as games like Blood 2 or SiN Gold which are for sale. Please GOG staff, explain this censorship crap to me.
Berzerk2002: I would really like to know what kind of legal restrictions make it impossible to buy Quake II and Quake III in Germany. Both games are only on list A of the german index and not completely banned like the Wolfenstein games so they are on the same list as games like Blood 2 or SiN Gold which are for sale. Please GOG staff, explain this censorship crap to me.
Ask Bethesda, As far as I know they insist on it. Same thing on Steam.
Berzerk2002: I would really like to know what kind of legal restrictions make it impossible to buy Quake II and Quake III in Germany. Both games are only on list A of the german index and not completely banned like the Wolfenstein games so they are on the same list as games like Blood 2 or SiN Gold which are for sale. Please GOG staff, explain this censorship crap to me.
You can thank Bethesda for mandating that. Keep in mind that very few "indexed" games are available on the German Steam store, either because most companies are oblivious to the minutiae of German "youth protection" laws and think that it's outright illegal to sell them to us, or because they don't want to deal with the hassle of having to implement some actually functioning form of age verification. So, they simply go the easiest route and block them outright.
Bethesda even locks Hexen on Steam, a game that was never put on the index.
So it's just because of Bethesda playing the "how much of an asshole can we be" card. That's really awesome ... NOT! Well then I guess I know what I have to do to play them again. I'll be an asshole too.
Berzerk2002: So it's just because of Bethesda playing the "how much of an asshole can we be" card. That's really awesome ... NOT! Well then I guess I know what I have to do to play them again. I'll be an asshole too.
Sort of. Bethesda is responsible, but GOG still bent to their will, simply because Bethesda is a big name.
Before that, GOG never gave a shit about indexed games, and they still don't for all the other ones in the catalogue, but they did it for Quake 2 and 3 simply because the great god Zenimax sayeth so. Hell, it's apparently still unclear whether those laws even apply to a Polish company in the first place.
high rated
IAmSinistar:
According to MaGog, the new Master of Orion InDev is currently regionally blocked in South Korea (KR).

According to Konrad, this is temporary.

According to Konrad, it is also regionally blocked in North Korea (KP), but this is not corroborated (both MaGog and I were able to access the game page with a KP_USD_en cookie).
Post edited February 27, 2016 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: According to MaGog, the new Master of Orion InDev is currently regionally blocked in South Korea (KR).
Saw that discussion as well. I'll go ahead and add it to the list as a provisional listing.
Post edited February 29, 2016 by IAmSinistar
mrkgnao: According to MaGog, the new Master of Orion InDev is currently regionally blocked in South Korea (KR).
IAmSinistar: Saw that discussion as well. I'll go ahead and add it to the list as a provisional listing.
May I add your GOG mix to MaGog's gogmixopedia?
mrkgnao: May I add your GOG mix to MaGog's gogmixopedia?
Of course!
high rated
mrkgnao: May I add your GOG mix to MaGog's gogmixopedia?
IAmSinistar: Of course!
Cheers.
high rated
Another one for Germany: Dying Light.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition_67930/post410

IAmSinistar:
Post edited March 18, 2016 by mrkgnao
On to the list with it. Though if they were being consistent, shouldn't about a third of the catalogue here be banned by now?
IAmSinistar: On to the list with it. Though if they were being consistent, shouldn't about a third of the catalogue here be banned by now?
I guess that's slightly exaggerated but you're generally right. There is at least a decent number of games which is also indexed but still available.
Post edited March 18, 2016 by ElTerprise