It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klumpen0815: I wonder if it will be a censored version.
Matruchus: Probably it won't be but it will have another 100 pages of explanation and analysis before you can read it. I checked the original reprint out in our local library and to today's world unless you are totally insane that book has no meaning whatsover.
You could say that about the Quran too, but well... people still take this stuff dead serious and that's when things gets ugly (not that many people know what I'm talking about, since most have neither read any of those two books).
I'm against any bans though, people should rather be educated enough to handle such bullshit without buying into it.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: You could say that about the Quran too, but well... people still take this stuff dead serious and that's when things gets ugly (not that many people know what I'm talking about, since most have neither read any of those two books).
I'm against any bans though, people should rather be educated enough to handle such bullshit without buying into it.
To be fair whoever want's to read that book can just google for it whenever he want's and download a pdf of it. Its everywhere on the net.
JMich: To clarify, there were (unsure if still are) 2 versions of The Witcher 2 on GOG. The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 2 (AU). The (AU) version was only purchasable from Australia (maybe NZ as well? Not sure) and wasn't available in the other countries. The other version was unavailable in Australia. I think there was at least one user who managed to have both in their shelf, but I'm not 100% certain about that.
Can someone confirm if this is still the case? It will need to go onto the list if so.
PaterAlf: I just wonder, did anybody tell GOG that Commandos 2+3 were never banned in Germany? If they put a regional lock on these games, they have to lock many more games as well.
Yes, that baffles me as well.
PaterAlf: I just wonder, did anybody tell GOG that Commandos 2+3 were never banned in Germany? If they put a regional lock on these games, they have to lock many more games as well.
j0ekerr: Yes, that baffles me as well.
There were posts that indicated that the version sold in Germany is a censored version. Presumably the uncensored version is not allowed for sale there, and that is the version GOG stocks (currently). Ergo, that's why it gets yanked from sale here.
PaterAlf: It's not forbidden to import banned games or to buy uncensored versions from foreign shops. Unless they are not located in Germany there is not much that could happen to GOG.
immi101: sure about that?
afaik, what you said is true if the game was banned for excessive violence. But Commandos was banned by court order for its use of nazi symbols. In this case the import is illegal as well.
At least, thats how I remember it (too lazy to check right now)
There is an interesting article on a German gaming website (released just yesterday) on that topic (here).

It says that nazi symbols (§86a) threated the same way as violence (§131), meaning import and possession are not prohibited.
IAmSinistar: Can someone confirm if this is still the case? It will need to go onto the list if so.
If I remember correctly, ReynardFox said that Australians automatically get the censored Australian version, but if you change your country's settings through your GOG account to anywhere else (except maybe for New Zealand), you should get the original version instead.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Grargar
P1na: This is... disappointing. Very much so. GOG used to be the cool place I'd recommend everyone I met, where I would buy several copies of games just to promote. Today, it's one more step further from it.

I won't start boicoting it, as I have long decided that I will stop buying in its entirety when they don't allow me to download/play(through galaxy) my games on a specific location. The whole reason to buying them is to have them available anywhere, after all, and if that is put into question I'm done with the site.

Beyond that, it's just my enthusiasm waning. Fuck this shit, makes no sense.
Not that I want to get involved in this discussion which I find ridiculous.

But as far as Galaxy I'm not 100% sure what you talking about, you can choose where you games are installed. Granted it's not currently possible to have one game here and another there, but if you say want all your games to be installed on a second hard-drive or a specific location that is possible.
Grargar: If I remember correctly, ReynardFox said that Australians automatically get the censored Australian version, but if you change your country's settings through your GOG account to anywhere else (except maybe for New Zealand), you should get the original version instead.
Hmm, if so, then not quite in the same boat. How to handle it?
JMich: To clarify, there were (unsure if still are) 2 versions of The Witcher 2 on GOG. The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 2 (AU). The (AU) version was only purchasable from Australia (maybe NZ as well? Not sure) and wasn't available in the other countries. The other version was unavailable in Australia. I think there was at least one user who managed to have both in their shelf, but I'm not 100% certain about that.
IAmSinistar: Can someone confirm if this is still the case? It will need to go onto the list if so.
I think you were there.

It happened during the last sale. An aussie got in the tracker thread, and mentioned that he'd bought the witcher bundle. Unfortunately it appears the witcher 2 hadn't been added to his account. Turns out, he couldn't download the uncensored version. And when he sent in a support ticket they confirmed that he could not get the uncensored version due to his location. At which point he asked for a refund because he already had an australian copy of the game.

Went by the name of HeDanny.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by j0ekerr
If this is what comes with a new language forum, I do not want a spanish one. :-/ I feel sorry for the german and asutralian gogers.
IAmSinistar: There were posts that indicated that the version sold in Germany is a censored version. Presumably the uncensored version is not allowed for sale there, and that is the version GOG stocks (currently). Ergo, that's why it gets yanked from sale here.
yes, the uncensored version never was available on the german market afaik. That's why there was never a court decision about it. Though the court would most certainly come to the same conclusion as for Commandos 1, if it ever would end up in court.
j0ekerr: Dude, I think you were there.

It happened during the last sale. An aussie got in the tracker thread, and mentioned that he'd bought the witcher bundle. Unfortunately it appears the witcher 2 hadn't been added to his account. Turns out, he couldn't download the uncensored version. And when he sent in a support ticket they confirmed that he could not get the uncensored version due to his location. At which point he asked for a refund because he already had an australian copy of the game.

Went by the name of HeDanny.
Thanks for the info. My mind must've been engaged elsewhere, as that didn't register.

Given what Grargar posted, it sounds functionally different from the other region locks, which outright block the game (and even the game page). Plus it sounds like you can get TW2 through the site if you tweak your settings. I'm guessing that doesn't work for the new locks.
BKGaming: Not that I want to get involved in this discussion which I find ridiculous.

But as far as Galaxy I'm not 100% sure what you talking about, you can choose where you games are installed. Granted it's not currently possible to have one game here and another there, but if you say want all your games to be installed on a second hard-drive or a specific location that is possible.
I meant to say, I'm done with GOG if the situation arises where I am not able to either download a game I purchased or launch a game through galaxy due to my physical geographical location at the time. I travel a lot.
uah what a bs...is there any way to get the old site instead of the german version? i prefer uncensored games over translated...
Post edited February 27, 2015 by ZombieIX