It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nergal01: Yes, because Mortal Kombat is available again.
IAmSinistar: Is it? That would be some improvement at least. If I can get a second confirmation, I'll pull it from the list.
Yes, 960 games now, Mortal Kombat is back. Maybe it`s a censored version?
Nergal01: Yes, because Mortal Kombat is available again.
IAmSinistar: Is it? That would be some improvement at least. If I can get a second confirmation, I'll pull it from the list.
Yep, I can confirm that Mortal Kombat is searchable again from a german IP. Commandos games still give the 404 error though.
Maxvorstadt: Yes, 960 games now, Mortal Kombat is back. Maybe it`s a censored version?
Gods, I hope not. I don't want to run yet another list.

But thanks for confirming its return. Off of this list it goes.
If this list is anything to go by, we may be just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Greeks are (were?) worse off, all video games were banned there in 2002. 0.o
Removed:

Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 [DE]

Flawed victory...
I can confirm it too.
Attachments:
germany2.jpg (109 Kb)
Actually I wanted to wait for a nice promo discount. Perhaps I should buy it as long as it is possible :-)
And what about censored versions? Can you guys still download the uncensored versions?
AlliumSativum: Actually I wanted to wait for a nice promo discount. Perhaps I should buy it as long as it is possible :-)
If GOG's past behaviour is any indication, you won't get any notice of a game that is slated for locking. So you may want to get everything off your list that is in the crosshairs of the German censors.
Maxvorstadt: Yes, 960 games now, Mortal Kombat is back. Maybe it`s a censored version?
IAmSinistar: Gods, I hope not. I don't want to run yet another list.

But thanks for confirming its return. Off of this list it goes.
Keeping backups for older versions is wise since Gothic 2 (they made the addon/high difficulty non-optional at some point and I deleted the old one...) and since the new installers don't work with wine and the ones after that not with innoextract anymore.
Now we have to keep an eye open to not accidentally replace proper versions with "updated" (=censored) versions too.
MaGo72: Btw I still have the original version of on CD, bought it back then in a retail store. I doubt it will run on Win7.
Try the XP sp2 compatibility mode, it actually does work a lot of times.

If not, there are always options. Considering system requirements and current gaming rigs, even the (admittedly overkill) option of a virtual machine might be viable.
Klumpen0815: Now we have to keep an eye open to not accidentally replace proper versions with "updated" (=censored) versions too.
I'm curious if the MK download is now a censored version for German owners. If so, that will likely herald a whole new world of complications. Someone else can track that morass, I'll go back to being an isolationist American who doesn't care about the rest of the world. :(
I don't think so. I bought the game and played some MK 1 and 2. I got blood, at least. Haven't been able to perform a fatality with the keyboard, though.
IAmSinistar: If GOG's past behaviour is any indication, you won't get any notice of a game that is slated for locking. So you may want to get everything off your list that is in the crosshairs of the German censors.
We did get a few days warning with nordic.
IAmSinistar: It's so thoughtful of GOG - every time I start a new list, they give me stuff to add to it.
Unfortunately as always your helpful threads and mrkgnao's efforts with MaGOG are the source of this information on these changes instead of clear communication or warning from GOG staff.