It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
We’d like to inform you that, due to expiring licensing rights, Raptor: Call of the Shadows 2010 Edition will be delisted from our catalog tomorrow, May 10th, 1PM UTC.

For everyone who purchased the title prior to delisting, it will remain in their GOG library.
sysia_GOG: [...]
Thanks for the heads-up. Edit: nevermind on the sticky bit, Ancient-Red-Dragon has made a fair point :P.

Also, having the original DOS version of Raptor: Call of the Shadows on GOG would be preferable to this port, just saying...

Same goes for Z and other "improved and remastered" classics which are all poorly received because people simply want the games they played back in the day, not adaptations.
Post edited May 09, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
https://www.gog.com/game/raptor_call_of_the_shadows_2010_edition
low rated
WinterSnowfall: Thanks for the heads-up, but mind you this thread should also be stickied.
No, it absolutely should not.

All that would accomplish would be to render it invisible to the vast majority of GOG's forum readers, and therefore make the announcement post totally useless, as no one would ever see it until after they de-Sticky it and thus make it visible, at the time when the game is no longer available to purchase on GOG.

This is the first delisting announcement that I've seen for years prior to the delisting event itself having occurred, and the only reason I've seen it is because it isn't currently Stickied.

And the other ones I never saw while the games were still on sale, I never saw them only because they were Stickied.

Before GOG ever started the terrible policy to "Sticky" delisting announcements, I saw most of those delisting announcements while the games were still available to buy.

No doubt in regards to the things I just described, the same will also be true for many/most other GOG forum readers as well.
Post edited May 09, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: No doubt the same will also be true for many/most other GOG forum readers as well.
It's not that I don't agree with you, but over the years I've grown accustomed to these threads being stickied and I now look for them in that section... but anyway, change is good, so DOWN WITH THE STICKIES then! :P

I guess asking for the title to get a different font color, such as mod blue, is too much for this ancient forum software? I agree these topics should stand out somehow and that stickies are not really a solution.
Post edited May 09, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: Thanks for the heads-up, but mind you this thread should also be stickied.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: No, it absolutely should not.

All that would accomplish would be to render it invisible to the vast majority of GOG's forum readers, and therefore make the announcement post totally useless, as no one would ever see it until after they de-Sticky it and thus make it visible, at the time when the game is no longer available to purchase on GOG.

This is the first delisting announcement that I've seen for years prior to the delisting event itself having occurred, and the only reason I've seen it is because it isn't currently Stickied.

And the other ones I never saw while the games were still on sale, I never saw them only because they were Stickied.

No doubt the same will also be true for many/most other GOG forum readers as well.
It's rare that I agree with you, but yes - stickying these threads reduces visibility.
A blue dot, reminiscing of news posts, might not be such a bad idea in this case...
Attachments:
Ancient-Red-Dragon: All that would accomplish would be to render it invisible to the vast majority of GOG's forum readers, and therefore make the announcement post totally useless, as no one would ever see it until after they de-Sticky it and thus make it visible, at the time when the game is no longer available to purchase on GOG.
Stickied = better. You're in the minority here. They're easily seen, and a place I look daily.

Fortunately for Raptor, I have it. A great shmupp and filled with nostalgia too. It lives up to the memory still today.
It was one of the first games I bought here. Sad to see it go. Let's hope it manages to return someday with a new publisher.

I can'r remember anymore... did GOG ever sell the original version or was it always the "2010 remaster"?
karnak1: I can't remember anymore... did GOG ever sell the original version or was it always the "2010 remaster"?
It was always the 2010 anniversary version, we never got the original DOS one sadly...
sysia_GOG: We’d like to inform you that, due to expiring licensing rights, Raptor: Call of the Shadows 2010 Edition will be delisted from our catalog tomorrow, May 10th, 1PM UTC.

For everyone who purchased the title prior to delisting, it will remain in their GOG library.
Sticky this posting please. So it will stay at page 1 for the next 24 hours. Thanks!

EDIT: I am stupid and too slow I see. Thanks for the warning / Sticky anyway. :)
Post edited May 09, 2022 by Anime-BlackWolf
Huh, not one I expected to ever see being delisted.

But to again weigh in on this discussion that always pops up in such threads, please keep stickying important announcements. That some people choose to make themselves blind to them is their problem, there are just a handful of sticky threads and they're always at the top, therefore, if only one wouldn't have at some point made a specific choice to train themselves to ignore those threads, any announcement is much easier to spot there than among the pile of other threads, where it may well scroll off the first page entirely, depending on activity.
WinterSnowfall: Also, having the original DOS version of Raptor: Call of the Shadows on GOG would be preferable to this port, just saying...

Same goes for Z and other "improved and remastered" classics which are all poorly received because people simply want the games they played back in the day, not adaptations.
Hear hear.

They consistently get better scored as well. People often think they want remasters, but in truth they subconsciously really yearn for the classics.
sysia_GOG: We’d like to inform you that, due to expiring licensing rights, Raptor: Call of the Shadows 2010 Edition will be delisted from our catalog tomorrow, May 10th, 1PM UTC.

Anime-BlackWolf: Sticky this posting please. So it will stay at page 1 for the next 24 hours. Thanks!

EDIT: I am stupid and too slow I see. Thanks for the warning / Sticky anyway. :)
Fair point with sticky, sorry for the delay.

As for the sticky, not sticky, recently we agreed to sticky this kind of announcements, but we can redetermine if you feel we need to :)
Please remove this sticky: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/community_stickies_compendium_40 or keep it up to date.
Dead stickies like that are the reason some get blind to stickies.