It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matruchus: If its a comic book series I would say its Star Wars comics.
Star Wars comics are combat focused, aren't they? If they aren't you would also need to specify which one like OP said in the question. Eg. if the answer was Star Wars: Clone Wars then Star Wars won't cut it because there's lots of other comics with Star Wars in the title.
(My example is different from what the OP has provided but you get my point right?)
Post edited April 08, 2015 by huN73R
Matruchus: If its a comic book series I would say its Star Wars comics.
huN73R: Star Wars comics are combat focused, aren't they? If they aren't you would also need to specify which one like OP said in the question. Eg. if the answer was Star Wars: Clone Wars then Star Wars won't cut it because there's lots of other comics with Star Wars in the title.
(My example is different from what the OP has provided but you get my point right?)
You nailed it down for me...
Ok. Here is my guess.

Transmetropolitan?
truhlik: Ok. Here is my guess.

Transmetropolitan?
Are #1, #4 and #5 apply?
Well, anyways, it´s not the answer I´m searching for!
Valerian comics

I only just now realised that the first story, Les Mauvais Rêves (Bad Dreams), is considered number 0, even though I've been reading and re-reading these since the 70's.
Technopriests?

Gahhh, that doesn't start at 0
Post edited April 08, 2015 by drealmer7
jkiiskinen: Valerian comics

I only just now realised that the first story, Les Mauvais Rêves (Bad Dreams), is considered number 0, even though I've been reading and re-reading these since the 70's.
And you are right! But are you able to nail down WHY exactly that answer is true?
(aka telling the others why each of the clues do apply)

Anyways, congrats to you!
Don´t you get it?!
It´s solved, solved, solved!
Do congrat the winner and pin a FAT marker in your calendar to do not miss Tuesday, 30th May, when the next edition of NSTAW will start!
RadonGOG: And you are right! But are you able to nail down WHY exactly that answer is true?
I'll try:

1st: Artists of this stuff did also made movies...

Artist Jean-Claude Mézières has been involved in several film and tv projects (some of which were never finished, similarly to Jodorowsky's Dune), the best known being Luc Besson's The Fifth Element. Writer Pierre Christin has also written screenplays for some lesser known movies.

2nd: ...and the art design is brilliant! (well, at least in my eyes...)

Indeed.

3rd: Huge world!!!

The world of Valerian is the vast Terran Galactic Empire, as well as it's history through time travel.

4th: These guys do number their stuff like if they were into informatics...

The early stories were originally published in serialized form in Pilote magazine, and when it came time to publish them in graphic novel album format, they left out the first story Les Mauvais Rêves (Bad Dreams) (which is more cartoonish in style than the subsequent volumes), and started with the second story La Cité des Eaux Mouvantes (The City of Shifting Waters) and called it number 1 in the series. When Bad Dreams was eventually published as an album in 1983, rather than renumber the entire series, they called it number 0.

5th: Influenced many movies that aren´t on GOG

Valerian comics were a major influence on Star Wars, there are many direct references, such as the shady character in Mos Eisley that is very much like [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val%C3%A9rian_and_Laureline#The_Shingouz]the Shingouz in Valerian. Other movies showing Valerian influence include The Fifth Element and Avatar.

6th: Not on metacritic.

No comics on Metacritic.

7th: It´s not a game

No games based on Valerian have ever been made.

8th: It might remind you of cel-shading... (Hint, Hint, Hint!!!)

I guess the art style slightly resembles cel-shading.

9th: It´s SciFi.

This is fairly obvious.

10th: It´s official availble to buy right now (you can order it from famous shops and the creators do benefit from these sales)

The series has been translated into several languages, and is finally being published in English by Cinebook, so it should be widely available. Presumably, Mézières and Christin (both of whom are still alive), get their royalties from these sales.

11th: Features Blasters...

Yep.

12th: ...but isn´t that much combat-focused after all!

Despite occasional and [url=http://www.noosfere.org/mezieres/images/planches/val06p02.jpg]mayhem, emphasis in the series is on non-violent problem solving.

RadonGOG: Don´t you get it?!
Yes, sorry, took some time to compose my dissertation above.
Post edited April 09, 2015 by jkiiskinen
RadonGOG: And you are right! But are you able to nail down WHY exactly that answer is true?
jkiiskinen: I'll try:

1st: Artists of this stuff did also made movies...

Artist Jean-Claude Mézières has been involved in several film and tv projects (some of which were never finished, similarly to Jodorowsky's Dune), the best known being Luc Besson's The Fifth Element. Writer Pierre Christin has also written screenplays for some lesser known movies.

2nd: ...and the art design is brilliant! (well, at least in my eyes...)

Indeed.

3rd: Huge world!!!

The world of Valerian is the vast Terran Galactic Empire, as well as it's history through time travel.

4th: These guys do number their stuff like if they were into informatics...

The early stories were originally published in serialized form in Pilote magazine, and when it came time to publish them in graphic novel album format, they left out the first story Les Mauvais Rêves (Bad Dreams) (which is more cartoonish in style than the subsequent volumes), and started with the second story La Cité des Eaux Mouvantes (The City of Shifting Waters) and called it number 1 in the series. When Bad Dreams was eventually published as an album in 1983, rather than renumber the entire series, they called it number 0.

5th: Influenced many movies that aren´t on GOG

Valerian comics were a major influence on Star Wars, there are many direct references, such as the shady character in Mos Eisley that is very much like [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val%C3%A9rian_and_Laureline#The_Shingouz]the Shingouz in Valerian. Other movies showing Valerian influence include The Fifth Element and Avatar.

6th: Not on metacritic.

No comics on Metacritic.

7th: It´s not a game

No games based on Valerian have ever been made.

8th: It might remind you of cel-shading... (Hint, Hint, Hint!!!)

I guess the art style slightly resembles cel-shading.

9th: It´s SciFi.

This is fairly obvious.

10th: It´s official availble to buy right now (you can order it from famous shops and the creators do benefit from these sales)

The series has been translated into several languages, and is finally being published in English by Cinebook, so it should be widely available. Presumably, Mézières and Christin (both of whom are still alive), get their royalties from these sales.

11th: Features Blasters...

Yep.

12th: ...but isn´t that much combat-focused after all!

Despite occasional and [url=http://www.noosfere.org/mezieres/images/planches/val06p02.jpg]mayhem, emphasis in the series is on non-violent problem solving.

RadonGOG: Don´t you get it?!
jkiiskinen: Yes, sorry, took some time to compose my dissertation above.
Hell yes, you got every reference right!
BTW: Post #38 was just addressing the other users, normally these threads get spammed with "Congrats!" right after they´ve been solved!
Congrats jkiiskinen and thanks Radon for another GA.
RadonGOG: Anyways, congrats to you!
Thank you very much! Looking forward to more brain-imploding riddles to solve!
jkiiskinen: Snip
Congratulations on getting it right!
Ah! Congrats to jkiiskinen!
I'm not much into comics, so I've never even heard of Valerian.
Lol for the images XD
jkiiskinen: (.............)
Congratulations. Never heard about those comics but will look in to them now.