It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

West of Loathing is silly, surreal, and from the creators of Kingdom of Loathing! You'd be silly not to play it.

Are you the magical Beanslinger, the crafty Snake Oiler, or the punchy Cow Puncher?

Find out in our Destiny Assessment Exam
Post edited November 16, 2017 by Konrad
I will always approve of tests where you can pick a Snake Oiler and still get Beanslinger as an end result! ;)

However... Security conscious users won't even see the test, as proven by the very first comment in this thread.

I solved the problem by opening the page within the Tor browser* and had to temporarily allow scripts for apester.com as well as qmerce.com. (GOG blocks Tor for store pages, but the rest seems to work fine.)

* Also: GOG's forum software** apparently does not want links, explaining what the Tor browser is, so here you go:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)#Tor_Browser
** Yes, I had a reputation of over 7 when I tried to link this. Over 11 even. That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.
Post edited November 17, 2017 by HeartsAndRainbows
ZaineH: I'll admit that I laughed when the turtle question came up.
Why aren't you helping it?
ZaineH: I'll admit that I laughed when the turtle question came up.
Hastur-: Why aren't you helping it?
Because I'm stealing its wallet.
Argh! Already got it on steam....Why you always so slow on the releases guys....

Wishlisted for now. I'll re-buy it eventually when i'm in the mood for a second playthrough. It's good & cheap enough to justify it.

Snake Oilers rule btw.
LittleCritter: Argh! Already got it on steam....Why you always so slow on the releases guys....
As much as I love those guys, it seems this time the developers are the ones to blame:

Asymmetric [developer] 12 Aug @ 5:03pm
We would be happy to have the game on GOG in a month or two, if they want us. They seem to be fairly picky about which games they allow on their platform.

[...]

Asymmetric [developer] 13 Aug @ 7:36am

Cool, cool. In a month or two though? Surely it can be done quicker in this new-fangled digital age?
We really need to try and ride the Steam wave of popularity as long as we can... West of Loathing does not look all that impressive to someone who's never heard of us. Getting featured by Valve (which we can only do by continuing to sell a bunch of copies on Steam in particular) lends a HUGE aura of legitimacy and overcomes at least some initial misgivings.

Diluting that wave with other storefronts is thus actually counter to our long-term success... We are super excited about the prospect of making more games like this, but we need to have enough money in the bank to fund their development.

Does that make sense? Sorry that we make it a bit less convenient for some folks to buy the game in the short term, but it's all in service of being able to provide y'all with games for years to come.
( Source )

Mind you, I still understand their reasoning, especially given the size of their studio, their workload (they still have a browser game to run) and the price of their product. But yeah, they really took their time...
Having experienced the Asymmetric team in action (their words as well as their actual actions that followed) there is no doubt in my mind that they make money in order to create games - and not create games in order to make money.
...Well dang. Okay Asymmetric, you got me. I'll re-buy it right now. I'd kill to get more games like WoL so if 10 bucks is all it takes fine by me.
How about you get the latest patch and DLC... - it's been available for 3 weeks on Steam...

Reckonin at Gun Manor

Edit - Grrr... jebaited by the spam... point still stands though ><
Post edited March 01, 2019 by Bigs
You know what's really silly? My craptop meets the requirements for Skyrim but not for a black & white game with stick figures.
Bigs: How about you get the latest patch and DLC... - it's been available for 3 weeks on Steam...

Reckonin at Gun Manor

Edit - Grrr... jebaited by the spam... point still stands though ><
i would buy this here for sure
Post edited October 29, 2022 by servobeupstry
Bigs: How about you get the latest patch and DLC... - it's been available for 3 weeks on Steam...

Reckonin at Gun Manor
servobeupstry: https://www.gog.com/forum/west_of_loathing/the_cabbage_patch_does_not_contain_cabbages/post4
I'm aware - doesn't change the fact they've left GOG in the lurch for 3 weeks while they could've pushed the updates through Galaxy at the least...
GOG.com: Are you the magical Beanslinger, the crafty Snake Oiler, or the punchy Cow Puncher?
The result was kind of anticlimactic...especially since it was the same as my choice in the last question.