It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Whether Skyrim belongs to the Nords is a debatable topic, but there are no questions that this Publisher Sale belongs to Bethesda!

They and their amazing series really need no introduction. Bethesda has been around since 1986 and throughout all those years they captured the hearts of players around the world. With their dedication to creating immersive and expansive gaming experiences, Bethesda has become a beloved name in the industry while creating outstanding and iconic titles that have become staples in their respective genres.

That’s why you should grab yourself some of their masterpieces during this weekend’s Bethesda Publisher Sale with their iconic titles discounted up to -85%!

Don’t miss the deals on titles like:

Dishonored - Definitive Edition (-75%)
Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition (-75%)
DOOM (1993) (-60%)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (-75%)
The Evil Within 2 (-80%)
Wolfenstein 3D

…and of course more – find them all HERE.

The sale lasts only throughout the weekend until November 13th, 3 PM UTC, so make haste and enhance your library with some of the best gaming has to offer!
Doom 2016 is 7 years old at this point. I really wonder why they are holding THAT title back in particular.
Breja: Guys, we just got Fallout 4 recently. I think they earned a sale or two without the "no new games" complaint.
Psh! If there is any good time to complain it is now. Now and forever! ;)
Breja: Guys, we just got Fallout 4 recently. I think they earned a sale or two without the "no new games" complaint.
Agreed, basically
Agreed.

I'm only missing Doom 2016 and Eternal at this point, but those will probably get released here sooner or later. I can wait.
While you have Bethesda’s attention, could they take a peek at Raven’s archives for the Hexen II Portals expansion?
I feel so tired: Just a question : did Gog permanently kill the midweek and weekend sales ?
Isn't this supposed to be a weekend sale?
GOG, What in the heck!?!?

I just went to buy Call of Cthulhu and...

... it's no longer on sale!?!?! What the heck!?!?

I looked it up this morning and it was on the Bethesda Sale page at $6... now it's not there...

... but...

... it still shows in the "from your wishlist" list at the top of the sale page for full price!!!

I really HATE THIS GOG!!! I'm tired of these things happening almost all the time!

GET YOUR %#^&@ TOGETHER!

(and yes, I may just go to Steam and make some purhcases -- ones I'd decided to forego to do business with you. every time I start trusting you to get your act together...)
Post edited November 09, 2023 by kai2
kai2: GOG, What in the heck!?!?

I looked it up this morning and it was on the Bethesda Sale page at $6... now it's not there...

... but...

... it still shows in the "from your wishlist" list at the top of the sale page for full price!!!

I really HATE THIS GOG!!! I'm tired of these things happening almost all the time!

GET YOUR %#^&@ TOGETHER!

(and yes, I may just go to Steam and make some purhcases -- ones I'd decided to forego to do business with you. every time I start trusting you to get your act together...)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I assume you wanted to buy the 2018 game. It was a mistake; they put the wrong CoC on sale. This is the one that they meant to put on sale and is now on sale: https://www.gog.com/en/game/call_of_cthulhu_dark_corners_of_the_earth
tfishell: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I assume you wanted to buy the 2018 game. It was a mistake; they put the wrong CoC on sale. This is the one that they meant to put on sale and is now on sale: https://www.gog.com/en/game/call_of_cthulhu_dark_corners_of_the_earth
This happens all the time recently... what's up, GOG!? Are interns only who have absolutely no clue doing this now?
kai2: GOG, What in the heck!?!?

... but...

GET YOUR %#^&@ TOGETHER!

They actually DID get their "%#^&@" together.

Call of Cthulhu (2018) should not have been discounted in the first place. It has nothing to do with Bethesda. It's developed by Cyanide Studios and published by Focus Entertainment.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is published by Bethesda and is now correctly discounted.
SargonAelther: They actually DID get their "%#^&@" together.

Call of Cthulhu (2018) should not have been discounted in the first place. It has nothing to do with Bethesda. It's developed by Cyanide Studios and published by Focus Entertainment.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is published by Bethesda and is now correctly discounted.
They did not.

I was alerted to the sale early this morning by a third party price monitor that said Call of Cthulhu (2018) was on sale.

I visited the GOG site and saw the game Call of Cthulhu (2018) was on sale for around $6 as stated in the email.

I then received an official GOG email showing Call of Cthulhu (2018) on sale.

I then visited the GOG site to purchase the game and found...

... the game was listed in the sale "from your wishlist" header as on discount, but it was no longer on discount in the sale. In fact Call of Cthulhu (2018) is STILL listed in the sale's "from your wishlist" header (obviously if you have the game on your personal wishlist).

You see this as a problem that GOG found -- that the game was published by Focus and not Bethesda -- and corrected. But I see it as a string of problems on GOG's end that...

... has become COMMONPLACE to GOG sales.

In fact, I have now been in a handful of Support conversations on GOG pricing issues, games leaving sales without warning, games with incorrect prices, etc.... and this kind of thing is getting worse, not better. I wouldn't mind (as much) if this rarely happened -- or if game sales was secondary to GOG's main business -- but game sales is GOG's business and this kind of issue is happening more-and-more often.

GOG just started to show some positives moves in acquisitions, but they need desperately to spend some money and time to vet sale games and find these issues BEFORE the sales go live.

If I bought games from a brick-and-mortar and had similar issues as often as GOG, I'd never do business with them again. GOG's lucky most of the PC game world has gone digital. C'mon GOG!
Post edited November 10, 2023 by kai2
It is not churlish to demand moar, because, after all, we are going to be paying for this stuff. It's a generous and constructive position to be taking.

Hopefully we can get a few more of the things before their Microsoft overlords decide to 'preserve' the games by making them exclusive to their DRM subscription service.
Post edited November 10, 2023 by maxpoweruser
tfishell: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

schmoemi: This happens all the time recently... what's up, GOG!? Are interns only who have absolutely no clue doing this now?
I can of course only speak for myself but I consider errors like these relatively small stuff and won't sweat it (compared to something like missing important patches). That said, It may well be GOG is permanently underfunded and understaffed. If people can't deal with that, I get it, fair enough; I don't think I have anything to add that would change their mind.

Maybe most of GOG 's profit is going to "pre-paying" for AAA / highly-desired games. *shrug* :P it was certainly nice to get Days Gone and have confirmation of GoW and Uncharted.
Post edited November 10, 2023 by tfishell
high rated
Do you guys really think GOG doesn't wanna sell Prey (2006), Doom 2016, or old Terminator games to boost their own revenues? It's ultimately Bethesda/Xbox/Microsoft's call on whether to release here or not, blame them.

GOG's just making obligatory sales announcements to keep their head above water. There should be no surprises here after they got Skyrim and Fallout 4 earlier this year.
schmoemi: Isn't this supposed to be a weekend sale?
it's not the traditional mixed weekend sale that we usually had