It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The famous video games company celebrates its 40th anniversary this month – this special occasion comes with a Publisher Sale on GOG.
Exemplary titles: Crysis Warhead® (-75%), Nox™ (-75%), Wing Commander™ 4: The Price of Freedom (-75%)
End date: 30th May 2022, 10 PM UTC
Already have everything that interests me, which is most of it. A few titles I might buy at a lower discount, but it's the same discount as usual.
LucianX: Good to know that EA remembers GOG exists, but some new games would be nice. Even better if they were unavailable digitally anywhere Like the older Need for Speed games. Or the older Battlefields. Or Sims 1 and 2. Who's with me?
You can forget about the older NFS titles. They need a trademark license for the cars which is either expensive or possibly unobtainable if the car manufacturer doesn't like seeing their cars with outdated graphics. (same reason cars are indestructible in NFS titles, manufacturers don't like seeing their product on fire)

There's plenty they could release here, but they won't.
Well, seems like EA is still not looking hard enough for some other company to aquire them → pimp your numbers, EA. Rerelease your backlog!
low rated
Reaper9988: 40 years damn, the worst survive I guess.

EA is on my no buy list so oh well.
I would simply avoid buying anything new from them. Their older titles were pretty fun.

The only recent game they released was Titanfall2.
low rated
W3irdN3rd: Already have everything that interests me, which is most of it. A few titles I might buy at a lower discount, but it's the same discount as usual.
LucianX: Good to know that EA remembers GOG exists, but some new games would be nice. Even better if they were unavailable digitally anywhere Like the older Need for Speed games. Or the older Battlefields. Or Sims 1 and 2. Who's with me?
W3irdN3rd: You can forget about the older NFS titles. They need a trademark license for the cars which is either expensive or possibly unobtainable if the car manufacturer doesn't like seeing their cars with outdated graphics. (same reason cars are indestructible in NFS titles, manufacturers don't like seeing their product on fire)

There's plenty they could release here, but they won't.
Not to mention other licenses and third party properties, such as the soundtrack. The profit they could make from selling old NfS titles doesn't seem to justify too much hassle, it's not worth it.
low rated
Reaper9988: 40 years damn, the worst survive I guess.

EA is on my no buy list so oh well.
Marcus-Havoc: I would simply avoid buying anything new from them. Their older titles were pretty fun.

It's a principal thing, the old ones I wanted I have a long time anyways.

Got Titanfall 2 free on PSPlus it was okish I guess.
low rated
Marcus-Havoc: I would simply avoid buying anything new from them. Their older titles were pretty fun.

Reaper9988: It's a principal thing, the old ones I wanted I have a long time anyways.

I won't blame you for having certain principles, seeing as I have an army of my own.

But I feel it is in general more encouraging if you just buy the type of content you support.
This sends the message that sales are higher for games you like, reflecting on what the
community would like to see more off. I only buy older games for the most part.

Anime fan, but it's being destroyed from the inside, so I decide not to support or buy
any of their titles, unless it's real indie development. From the movies to the games of
this era, I barely buy any. All the content I like is from the 80s or 90s.
low rated
Reaper9988: It's a principal thing, the old ones I wanted I have a long time anyways.

Marcus-Havoc: I won't blame you for having certain principles, seeing as I have an army of my own.

But I feel it is in general more encouraging if you just buy the type of content you support.
This sends the message that sales are higher for games you like, reflecting on what the
community would like to see more off. I only buy older games for the most part.

Anime fan, but it's being destroyed from the inside, so I decide not to support or buy
any of their titles, unless it's real indie development. From the movies to the games of
this era, I barely buy any. All the content I like is from the 80s or 90s.
I don't thin EA is fixable so I just wont' give them any money anymore.
But to each his own :) there is enough little companies around these days anyways so I probably never will run out of games heh.

I still have the DVD Versions of Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age my my collection but I'd suggest people try to find them used these days.
Post edited May 23, 2022 by Reaper9988
viranimus: 40 years you say? Its been half that long since EA added anything new here. No Mass effect, No DA2 or DAI, NONE of the sims, Hell I would even take a year+ old madden at this point, Not to mention the rest of their sports and sports adjacent titles.

Its 2022. We are still being treated like second class gaming citizens for wanting to legitimately own what we buy.
It's far likelier that EA releases its completely owned titles like Mass Effect than any Need for Speeds or sports titles. Simply because of all the time limited licenses EA had to pay for. And because of them, EA already had to take down several of them on their very own Origin platform. Even if EA wanted to renew those licenses, EA would be at the mercy of the car companies, which must give their approval. The car companies are in the most cases more interested in selling new games with their newest cars, and not games with cars they don't sell anymore.
It's a real pity that Dead Space 2 (as well as the first two Mass Effect or the Need for Speed series for PC, to name a few of EA's franchises) are not in GOG's catalogue today. For me it is a half-hearted celebration. Good games and good discounts. But it misses some great classics that should be part of GOG's catalogue on EA's 40th anniversary. :(

MaxFulvus: An other missed opportunity to release Medal of Honor Airbone for the upcoming D-Day. Shame on you, EA !
Great videogame!
Post edited May 23, 2022 by UCrest
blotunga: Every EA sale we complain about lack of new EA releases. And yet nothing happens :)
Delicious suffering. ;)
NuffCatnip: I don't think we'll get new titles, at least I stopped holding my breath some time ago.
New releases would be a nice surprise but I certainly don't expect EA to release something on gog (ever) again.

Some goes for most other AAA publishers, we might get the occasional 10 to 15 + year old triple A game, but nothing more I'd say. Occasional, as in 1 per year and even that is an exaggeration.
We got a decent number of titles from AAA publishers (like Bethesda and Square Enix) the past few years compared to 2022 thus far. I wonder what changed. AAA pubs realizing GOG has a very small market share / doesn't make much money comparatively? Something to do with Cyberpunk2077? Not wanting to bother with DRM-free? A combination?

Oh well, at least GOG will survive without AAA games. Or if they don't, we'll have our DRM-free installers backed up.
Post edited May 23, 2022 by tfishell
low rated
MaxFulvus: An other missed opportunity to release Medal of Honor Airbone for the upcoming D-Day. Shame on you, EA !
Would love to see Medal of Honor Airborne here! One of my favorite WWII shooters (in fact the game that got me to start a Steam account). Also...

... wish EA would bring the Mercenaries games to GOG. That franchise has been dormant for a number of years. Surely they could bring them here.
Great time for a new title... Like, say, Command and Conquer.
Seconded on Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

Would love to see these titles DRM free. Definitely a series worth preserving.
Like everybody else I already own every single EA title on GOG. Kinda surprised by that fact, actually, as it was years since I purchased an EA title on here, just goes to show how long it's been since we last got one of their games here.
victorchopin: *coughs* armies of exigo *cough*
It's not theirs anymore. The IP was last seen in '07 at City Interactive.
Post edited May 24, 2022 by Plokite_Wolf