It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Necromancer DLC + -50% Series Discount

Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a phenomenal turn-based RPG turning the traditional roguelike dungeon exploration into a modern gaming experience. Tons of items to find, equipment and character modifications, and a vast selection of blood-hungry monsters; this game offers you a Sci-Fi adventure you'll be enjoying for hours and hours - and that's just the base game.

<span class="bold">-50% Series discount:</span>

The Pit has grown considerably since we first entered it, but it came at a cost. For this week, that cost is much less with the Sword of The Stars Series Promo. All this stuff is available for 50% off for one week, until Thursday, February 12, at 10:59 AM GMT:

-Sword of the Stars: The Pit
-Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition
-Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition Upgrade
-Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - The Pilgrim
-Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Mindgames
-Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Juggernaut

Release: Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Necromancer DLC

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Necromancer brings yet another bonus character and extra content into the game. Available now DRM-free on GOG!

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Necromancer is the domain of Azreus the Defiler, servant of The Immortal, one of the ancient and mysterious Suul'ka. He was raised from the dead and given one mission only: obtain the cure to the Xombie plague, and clear out The Pit while he's at it. Azreus introduces a new twist on the SWOTS gameplay with never before seen necromancer abilities. He can raise unded minions to his aid, while poison, disease, and hunger will be no threat on this quest. As usual, this DLC pack comes with a handful of new content, including new recipies, weapons, items, monsters and achievements.

Unleash a darker side of the pit and harness the power of the dead in Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Necromancer, available now DRM-free on GOG.com!
Post edited February 05, 2015 by Konrad
When I add Necromancer DLC to my basket and go to checkout I get the message that the Necromancer DLC is already included in the Gold Edition (I own all previous parts of the game). Is this an error or is it really included and all Gold Edition owners don't need to buy the Necromancer DLC? This should be cleared up.

Aningan: I really don't like how this game went about with it's Gold edition and DLCs. I have the standard edition here and the Gold one on Steam. I'm not buying anything for this game until there's some sort of heavy discounted final version (then I might buy it). It's cheap enough to get everything right now but I have no intention of supporting this kind of model.
When publisher release a final version of a game it usually means, that they abandon the game. For me it's nice to see, that new content is coming, which keeps the game interesting. ;)
Post edited February 05, 2015 by Silverhawk170485
vanchann: Great promo.

As many users state above the mixed editions problem is still here! I mean that the gold edition is not marked as owned, although I own The Pit plus the Gold Edition Upgrade.

Nevertheless all of us, who already own the game, know about the problem. But it's very confusing for new buyers.
Fix it please.
This.

I nearly bought Sword of the Stars: The Gold Edition, because I wanted to complete the series and dind'nt pay attention (the high price at checkout made me sceptical though). Please fix this problem, GOG. You know about it for months.
Silverhawk170485: When I add Necromancer DLC to my basket and go to checkout I get the message that the Necromancer DLC is already included in the Gold Edition (I own all previous parts of the game). Is this an error or is it really included and all Gold Edition owners don't need to buy the Necromancer DLC? This should be cleared up.

Aningan: I really don't like how this game went about with it's Gold edition and DLCs. I have the standard edition here and the Gold one on Steam. I'm not buying anything for this game until there's some sort of heavy discounted final version (then I might buy it). It's cheap enough to get everything right now but I have no intention of supporting this kind of model.
Silverhawk170485: When publisher release a final version of a game it usually means, that they abandon the game. For me it's nice to see, that new content is coming, which keeps the game interesting. ;)
Should be an error.
omega64: Promo is confusing, which should you buy if you don't have any part of the game.
If the promo confuses you I can't wait on your thoughts on the game's installation process :-P
Is this included free for those who bought the Gold edition?
0r does it still need buying separately like those who bought the original and upgraded via additions.
omega64: Promo is confusing, which should you buy if you don't have any part of the game.
Fenixp: If the promo confuses you I can't wait on your thoughts on the game's installation process :-P
Step 1: Run installers 1-6
Step 2: Go to Step 1

Unsure why it's so hard ;)
Fenixp: If the promo confuses you I can't wait on your thoughts on the game's installation process :-P
Wait really?
Does it have to be installed in a certain order?
If so that's fucking ridiculous.
JMich: Unsure why it's so hard ;)
Installers that I've got:
Original game: Sword of the Stars: The Pit
DLC: Sword of the Stars: The Pit - MindGames
DLC: Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition Upgrade
DLC: Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - The Pilgrim

Apparently, -something- is contained in something else. Is Mindgames contained in The Pit upgrade? I don't know. I do know I couldn't install something because of dependency on something else and figured out that I did not have to install something else entirely, then I gave up, started installing stuff that worked at random, and got the game working. Do I now have two copis of Sword of the Stars: The Pit lying on top of each other? I will never know. The naming seems a bit clearer than what I've seen previously tho.

omega64: Wait really?
I don't think the DLC has to be installed in order, there are at least three installers which do tho.
Post edited February 05, 2015 by Fenixp
JMich: Unsure why it's so hard ;)
Fenixp: Installers that I've got:

Apparently, -something- is contained in something else. Is Mindgames contained in The Pit upgrade? I don't know. I do know I couldn't install something because of dependency on something else and figured out that I did not have to install something else entirely, then I gave up, started installing stuff that worked at random, and got the game working. Do I now have two copis of Sword of the Stars: The Pit lying on top of each other? I will never know. The naming seems a bit clearer than what I've seen previously tho.

omega64: Wait really?
Fenixp: I don't think the DLC has to be installed in order, there are at least three installers which do tho.
Mindgames should be part of Gold, as far as I know.
Indeed... very confusing...
Fenixp: Installers that I've got:
This one is easy. Original, Mindgames, Upgrade, Pilgrim. Throw in a couple of patches and then it gets complicated ;)

But yes, it would need a bit of optimizing. Mainly having the DLCs after Gold Edition only check if Gold Edition is installed, which I think should work. Unsure about the patches, I guess it depends on what files they modify, and if the other DLCs also modify the same files.
JMich: it would need a bit of optimizing
Now that's an understatement.
If they sell DLC for $15 then I have to hold back, but for $2 with content more then its worth? I have to support this business model. After all I like to see devs continue to work on and polish games and charge a reasonable price, not abandoning games once they have milk the maximum they can in a few months after release.
Seeing SotS:The Pit promo I hoped dependencies between DLCs and mainly base+gold upgrade vs gold edition is finally solved :P But apparently it is not :D Again and again... still the same questions to answer in the forum :D
This is a case where the pricing makes no sense at all, either at the base or the promo level.

So I'd pay $6.49 for the straight-out Gold Edition on the promo, but only $5.98 by buying the base + the gold upgrade? And there are no differences in extras to account for it either, as far as I can tell.

(Edited to correct Gold Edition price.)
Post edited February 05, 2015 by Luned