It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is now available for pre-order. Buy Trine 4 before release to get access to special bonus level - Toby's Dream.

The Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D with Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince! The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
Nice, thanks Frozenbyte ! hopefully it goes back to Trine 1 and 2 style in more than 1 way.
Post edited August 27, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
What about the other two thirds of Trine 3?
Buy Trine 4 before release to get access to special bonus level - Toby's Dream.
FFS! Pre-Order exclusive level on GOG. Is this the first time or was there another instance already?
high rated
GOG.com: Buy Trine 4 before release to get access to special bonus level - Toby's Dream.
So, the last game they released was unfinished, and now I won't get the complete game unless I pre-order it?

F_CK YO_

Wanna buy a vowel, or can you figure it out?
"Pre-Purchase Bonus:

Toby's Dream DLC Level: All pre-orders of Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will get a bonus in-game level, Toby's Dream, at launch. Toby the dog, as previously seen in Nine Parchments, has his own adventure in Heatherwood Hall with the Three Heroes! Follow the pawsteps of Toby and help him find all the treats hidden in the castle and its gardens.

Experience the most complete Trine ever created!"

Uhh...
Post edited August 27, 2019 by rjbuffchix
low rated
Klumpen0815: What about the other two thirds of Trine 3?

Klumpen0815:
I was just about to ask this. XD

Does it come with the end of #3?

Buy Trine 4 before release to get access to special bonus level - Toby's Dream.
Klumpen0815: FFS! Pre-Order exclusive level on GOG. Is this the first time or was there another instance already?
It's a bonus for pre-ordering the game, but it's not exclusive to GOG.
Pre-order content that is more than just cosmetic stuff? Yeah... Nope. Would have bought it after release but I'm not buying incomplete games.
Was wondering where the hell this was.

But what the shit is this? pre-order DLC? This isn't LOCKED pre-order content is it? It's just bundling in something for free for early adopters, right?

Better be, no way I'm buying this at launch, not after you screwed everyone with Trine 3. Where is the rest of that game anyway? Just going to pretend it's finished?
I've read, that Linux developers lest Frozenbyte, so they have no one to make Linux releases now.
high rated
GOG.com: The Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D with Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince!
This is very nice. Going 3D was the worst idea the devs ever had.
GOG.com: Buy Trine 4 before release to get access to special bonus level - Toby's Dream.
THIS, however, is low. Too bad that GOG has sunken so low that they agree to such business tactics.

FFS! Pre-Order exclusive level on GOG. Is this the first time or was there another instance already?
GOG_Solostran: It's a bonus for pre-ordering the game, but it's not exclusive to GOG.
But it's exclusive to pre-orders. Which means that everyone who isn't willing to throw money at a developer, infamous for delivering a very unfinished product, will now get an intentionally castrated version of the game. That is very bad!

There is a difference between a purely cosmetic pre-order bonus like some dress or skin and intentionally removing a part of the game. There is NO WAY, that I will give any money to a publisher using this kind of business tactic. Which is a shame, because I really liked Trine 1 & 2.

I also would have been interested in the missing two thirds of the story of Trine 3, but from the description of Trine 4, it doesn't pick up where Trine 3 was suddenly ended. But it starts something completely new. So those missing story parts will apparently never be told.
Nice to see it here, wishlisted. Weird to see that only Trine 3 has achievements on GOG.
I'm glad this is going over with other users about as well as it deserves. It's really sad to me how Frozenbyte fell so low with this franchise I used to like so very much.
Post edited August 27, 2019 by Breja
It doesn't sound like the pre-order bonus is essential cut-out content that makes the game incomplete, it's just a bonus level, a crossover with a character from Nine Parchments. Don't exaggerate its importance.

That being said, trying to entice customers to buy a pig in a poke by preying on their fear of missing out, and withholding bonus content from after-release buyers are low business tactics, regardless.

I like Trine 1 & 2, and this looks quite nice as well, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that it's going to be a cool game, in spite of Nine Parchments and Trine 3 (the latter didn't even disappoint me that much, though admittedly I got it as a gift). But pre-order bonus is a bad concept that needs to go.
Post edited August 27, 2019 by Leroux
GOG_Solostran: It's a bonus for pre-ordering the game, but it's not exclusive to GOG.
I didn't think it would be GOG exclusive, I was just asking, whether that's the first time that the Pre-Order exclusive levels/weapons/characters/etc... crap has appeared here. I thought GOG is above that.

Anyway, it would be bad enough but they didn't even finish the third game.
I would have had no problem with them charging money again for the rest of Trine 3, but letting it remain unfinished, releasing a purposefully castrated version of Trine 4 for anyone who isn't taking the risk anymore to buy it unfinished (which the third still is and continues to be), is just a big no-go.

Too bad, I was a big fan of the series and would have liked to see the third game properly finished instead of what is happening now.
Post edited August 27, 2019 by Klumpen0815