It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What can change the nature of role-playing?

<span class="bold">Torment: Tides of Numenera</span>, the wildly anticipated spiritual successor to RPG legend Planescape: Torment, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com! Get it now with a GOG-exclusive pre-order bonus: a FREE copy of <span class="bold">Lords of Xulima</span>!

Welcome to the Ninth World. Built upon eight previous instances of civilization, it is littered with remnants of powerful technology, whispers of ancient knowledge, and echoes of amazing feats of magic. These Numenera shape the lives of the current generation, giving birth to epic stories, deep, interconnected narratives, and fierce turn-based battles. Cast right in the middle of this overwhelming chaos, you're faced with the ultimate question: what does one life matter?

Delve deeper into the world of Numenera with the extra goodies offered in the <span class="bold">Legacy Edition</span> or the <span class="bold">Immortal Edition</span>.

Torment: Tides of Numenera is scheduled for release on February 28th.

GOG-EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDER BONUS

Need some old-school RPG goodness to keep you busy until the game's release? Pre-order Torment: Tides of Numenera on GOG.com and get a FREE copy of <span class="bold">Lords of Xulima</span>, available to play right away!

For a limited time, you can also upgrade to <span class="bold">Deluxe Edition</span> at 60% off.

Combining isometric exploration with first-person turn-based combat, Lords of Xulima is a rare gem, whose old-school sensibilities are bound to strike a chord with all fans of party-based role-playing. Called a "beautiful homage to the oldest of PC RPGs" by GOG.com users and a game that's "great for serious RPGers", it's the perfect way to make the anticipation for Tides of Numenera all the more bearable.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/os4yCITeKqk
Post edited February 27, 2017 by maladr0Id
Negatus: I'm disappointed that Kickstarter backers didn't get Lords of Xulima as an option. I wasn't too keen to get either Stasis or Underrail as a "bonus" game but would've been happy to get this title...sigh.
jamotide: Underrail as a bonus? I'm keen, how?
Whoops, I got this confused with a different inXile crowdfunding campaign. I'm not even drunk..
Let me know as soon as You get the fully lcalised POLISH version of T:TON (localisation made by Techland company).
Negatus: What do you mean by too "politically correct" for my tastes lately?
tremere110: The setting is highly progressive. I generally don't mind but some of it is a tad shoe horned in.

Civilizations have risen and fallen with humanity reduced to stone age tribes but the one thing that survives each and every time is gender equality.

Human genetics have become so mixed over millions of years that there isn't a race issue because there's really only one race.

Rape-bots exist. It's okay cause they only rape cis men.

Stuff like that. Still I find the setting fascinating if somewhat ridiculous at times.
Yes, all of that and more. You can get a pretty good look at the mindset of the authors in the supplement 'Love and Sex in the Ninth World'; you can also check out the reviews for that one at drivethrurpg, and there's also a youtube review.
In Update 63, it mentions that backers and those who pledge on the inXile site will recieve all DLC for free.

So, you might be asking, what’s up after Torment releases next month? Fortunately, we're in the era of internet connections and ongoing post-release support. We still have plenty of ideas for Torment! We'll be thinking about ways we can restore some of the remaining ideas that work in the game. Of course, as our backers who helped make the game happen, any of these updates – such as DLCs and expansions – will be yours free of charge. This goes for both Kickstarter backers and those who backed through our website.

Do people who preorder on GOG also recieve the DLC for free?

Thanks for any clarification!
Post edited February 04, 2017 by tkimball
hey I pre ordered the game, but where is Lords of Xulima?
Negatus: What do you mean by too "politically correct" for my tastes lately?
tremere110: The setting is highly progressive. I generally don't mind but some of it is a tad shoe horned in.

Civilizations have risen and fallen with humanity reduced to stone age tribes but the one thing that survives each and every time is gender equality.

Human genetics have become so mixed over millions of years that there isn't a race issue because there's really only one race.

Rape-bots exist. It's okay cause they only rape cis men.

Stuff like that. Still I find the setting fascinating if somewhat ridiculous at times.
WHAAAAAAAAAATT?????? are those two things real? we don't have races on the game? what is this obsession lately with race as a whole? is RICH to have DIFFERENT races... alt left is becoming so fascist...
Post edited February 04, 2017 by YaTEdiGo
Alfrodull: While even WinXP and 4Gb RAM is enough to play T:ToN, most of idiotic tiny shmups or quasi-retro-indie-platformers coming nowadays to GOG require Win7 at least, along with tremendous gigabytes of memory and expensive videocard...

What's wrong with this world?
Why the anger?

Smaller developers and indie developers aren't going to have the resources to develop for XP (it's an entirely different kernel) for a 17-year-old OS (in computer terms, that is like bringing a freakin' one-shot musket onto the current battlefield). The audience to play their games have long since moved on to newer Operating Systems.

Secondly, just because a game is a shmup doesn't mean it doesn't need power. Shmups are usually the games that had slow down in the NES era, SNES era because they have so much going on at once. Modern shmups have detailed graphics, scoring systems and have screens flooded with information to be processed. Keeping track of 20 ships, scoring combos and a thousand moving bullets on scrolling stages simultaneously is intensive. Far more than a turn-based RPG with a static background.
Frostyfirefly: Yes, all of that and more. You can get a pretty good look at the mindset of the authors in the supplement 'Love and Sex in the Ninth World'; you can also check out the reviews for that one at drivethrurpg, and there's also a youtube review.
I wasn't aware that heterosexuality was abnormal in the Ninth World. That really is stretching belief a bit thin with that one.

YaTEdiGo: WHAAAAAAAAAATT?????? are those two things real? we don't have races on the game? what is this obsession lately with race as a whole? is RICH to have DIFFERENT races... alt left is becoming so fascist...
There are multiple non-human races in the game. Humans come in pretty much one flavor without something like alternate dimensions or time travel though.
Post edited February 04, 2017 by tremere110
GOG.com: GOG-EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDER BONUS

Need some old-school RPG goodness to keep you busy until the game's release? Pre-order Torment: Tides of Numenera on GOG.com and get a FREE copy of <span class="bold">Lords of Xulima</span>, available to play right away!
Ummmmm - Xulima does not show up in my Library following the pre-purchase... help?
GOG.com: GOG-EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDER BONUS

pogobone: Ummmmm - Xulima does not show up in my Library following the pre-purchase... help?
It's under serial keys . You must redeem it .
MajicMan: Smaller developers and indie developers aren't going to have the resources to develop for XP (it's an entirely different kernel) for a 17-year-old OS
Really? I could name to you without a peep a score of them, but I'm feeling lazy today. Long story short, this argument of yours is invalid, sorry :)
Post edited February 04, 2017 by Alfrodull
Frostyfirefly: Yes, all of that and more. You can get a pretty good look at the mindset of the authors in the supplement 'Love and Sex in the Ninth World'; you can also check out the reviews for that one at drivethrurpg, and there's also a youtube review.
tremere110: I wasn't aware that heterosexuality was abnormal in the Ninth World. That really is stretching belief a bit thin with that one.

YaTEdiGo: WHAAAAAAAAAATT?????? are those two things real? we don't have races on the game? what is this obsession lately with race as a whole? is RICH to have DIFFERENT races... alt left is becoming so fascist...
tremere110: There are multiple non-human races in the game. Humans come in pretty much one flavor without something like alternate dimensions or time travel though.
oh nice! can we choose from them?
pogobone: Ummmmm - Xulima does not show up in my Library following the pre-purchase... help?
Skysect: It's under serial keys . You must redeem it .
I didn't got any serial.
tremere110: I wasn't aware that heterosexuality was abnormal in the Ninth World. That really is stretching belief a bit thin with that one.

There are multiple non-human races in the game. Humans come in pretty much one flavor without something like alternate dimensions or time travel though.
YaTEdiGo: oh nice! can we choose from them?
Skysect: It's under serial keys . You must redeem it .
YaTEdiGo: I didn't got any serial.
Check it again .
Attachments:
zxz.png (353 Kb)
YaTEdiGo: oh nice! can we choose from them?

I didn't got any serial.
Skysect: Check it again .
ah! there? Ok let me see thanks!!

Solved!
contacted inxile support to just inform them that the lack of disclosure regarding the beta steam key on summer 2016 (being final reward and preventing backers to get a DRM-free GOG key) was rather annoying.

I dont expect any answer aside from some automated reply of little relevancy or informative content only... But i thought at least i had the right (as a backer) to give my opinion on the matter...

Now i have 3 solutions:
1) pollute/compromise my main computer with Steam DRM and background service (the steam computer couldnt handle torment's required specs and install size, so i couldnt go further than redeem beta key, in last august 2016)
2) purchase the game here on gog a second time, after backing it already on KS in 2013
3) wait for a pirated version to be available
4) just give up the whole mess, hope for the game to be nice for the folks who would be able to play it, and add inxile on my "defiance/cautious" list

As i can't afford to throw a new/different computer to steam wastedump every now and then, nor can i afford to purchase any game twice for my personal usage, and finding insane the whole concept of pirating games i legally purchased and own the right to use, i guess i'll go for last solution.

Unless maybe G2A ever would sell GOG keys ? then for once and once only, i would seriously consider buying from this mafia-shady website :)
Post edited February 04, 2017 by Djaron
Djaron: contacted inxile support to just inform them that the lack of disclosure regarding the beta steam key on summer 2016 (being final reward and preventing backers to get a DRM-free GOG key) was rather annoying.

I dont expect any answer aside from some automated reply of little relevancy or informative content only... But i thought at least i had the right (as a backer) to give my opinion on the matter...

Now i have 3 solutions:
1) pollute/compromise my main computer with Steam DRM and background service (the steam computer couldnt handle torment's required specs and install size, so i couldnt go further than redeem beta key, in last august 2016)
2) purchase the game here on gog a second time, after backing it already on KS in 2013
3) wait for a pirated version to be available
4) just give up the whole mess, hope for the game to be nice for the folks who would be able to play it, and add inxile on my "defiance/cautious" list

As i can't afford to throw a new/different computer to steam wastedump every now and then, nor can i afford to purchase any game twice for my personal usage, and finding insane the whole concept of pirating games i legally purchased and own the right to use, i guess i'll go for last solution.

Unless maybe G2A ever would sell GOG keys ? then for once and once only, i would seriously consider buying from this mafia-shady website :)
They did explain this from the beginning. I haven't turned in my backer key, because I want to eventually get the GOG version.