It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Abe's Oddysee reconstructed.

<span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span>, a critically acclaimed restoration of Abe's Oddysee, is available for pre-order now on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, with a 10% pre-order discount!

<span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span> earns the right to call itself a true remake. It's so much more than just a graphical upgrade, it's a modern retelling of the unforgettable experience that Abe's Oddysee was all these years ago. The unsettlingly beautiful visuals, the disturbingly odd universe, and the unforgivingly difficult gameplay were enough to leave a lasting impression on anyone who encountered Abe's Oddysee. Seventeen years later, <span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span> retains the setting, the sounds, and the flavor; all brought up to modern platforming par, and beyond, with updated controls, refined mechanics and a reconstructed experience.

If you pre-order, you'll also receive two pieces of New 'n' Tasty DLC for free:
-Bonus level: Alf's Escape
-Alternative costume: Scrub Abe

<span class="bold">Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty</span> makes a tremendous impression, rose-tinted glasses not required. You can pre-order it now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
CelestialBunny: Once again GOG totally screws up how to present acceptable pre-order terms - lets break it down shall we:

GOG Offer

10% discount - pre order - new game only

>>>What it SHOULD have been<<< Offer

10% discount - pre order - new game only
20% - if you already own ONE of the existing Oddworld games on GOG
30% - if you already own BOTH of the existing Oddworld games on GOG

Alternative offer to the above

15% discount PLUS giving you 1, the other, or both of the oddworld games to keep for yourself or gift to a friend

Now I'm sorry, but not doing it properly just means it sits on my wishlist for a really long time (as they all do) and gathers dust until you quit overcharing and use the 50/66/75 rules of statement

Missed opportunity GOG...missed opportunity, thats all I'm saying
I am not sure GOG has so much saying how the preorder offers will look like. If the publisher/producer does not want to, then they either accept or not. Witcher III is something different.
high rated
mistermumbles: I'm still not convinced this is for me, especially after watching that comparison video. Fiddly controls is what would kill it for me over anything else.
As we've said a few times, controls have been fixed since that video appeared. We also took out the cross-game promo banners that appeared in the game's secret areas.

Valoric: I LOVE the original Oddworld PS1 games. Even gotten the art/concept books for them. Really hoped for a HD remake but we got a FULL remake instead. I hope that this game is successful but I really wish it compared well.
The vast majority of the reviews on the PS4 version loved the game :)

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/oddworld-abes-oddysee---new-n-tasty

Average 84%, with the main issue from reviewers being the controls which, as we've said, we addressed post launch on the PS4 and the 'old school' options are in the PC versions. :)

People seem to have loved what we've done with the game.

http://www.nowgamer.com/weve-tried-the-perfected-version-of-oddworld-new-n-tasty/

WesleyB: If you're still on the fence if you should get this or not, here's a review from a series fan.
Indeed, there are plenty of videos from fans that adore the game, such as this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHwE8yRABs4

Or this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6AdW0iNBhA

Or this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJZOiAiL01k

:)
Post edited February 19, 2015 by OddworldAdmin
It was the drm free version of Strangers Wrath that got me over here (hook, line and sinker), and i really liked Abe's odyssey and exodus back in the day.

Thanks for making New & Tasty available here ;)

Gonna preorder this.
Zoidberg: I still don't agree. Well I agree on the shitty implementation part, but not on the idea either.
realkman666: They either sell the game an amount people can afford or charge a week's salary and just hope people don't download it for free instead.
Then why one price per country? Why not a multitude of prices depending on declared revenues for each client?

There isn't just one profile per country. Why not make richer people pay more?
realkman666: They either sell the game an amount people can afford or charge a week's salary and just hope people don't download it for free instead.
Zoidberg: Then why one price per country? Why not a multitude of prices depending on declared revenues for each client?

There isn't just one profile per country. Why not make richer people pay more?
Because it's not based on personal income, but on regional economy.
low rated
"Pre-order now to get content that should be in the game in the first place!"

Yeah, no, Fuck off with this shit
high rated
Roman5: "Pre-order now to get content that should be in the game in the first place!"

Yeah, no, Fuck off with this shit
Hi there.

As we've said numerous times in this thread (and elsewhere) Alf's Escape was post-launch content on PS4, but we're bringing it day one on PC. It's an entirely optional extra level.

Although it doesn't sound like we'd be able to convince you. :)
OddworldAdmin: As we've said numerous times in this thread (and elsewhere) Alf's Escape was post-launch content on PS4, but we're bringing it day one on PC. It's an entirely optional extra level.
Will it just be one DLC pack with both the Bonus level and Alternative costume? Or are those separate? You've indicated there will be no further DLC, so I would assume one pack for both pieces.
Nalkoden: New 'N' Tasty / Abe's Oddysee Comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkhDrngAQZ0
Great video with some good insights, thanks for sharing!
OddworldAdmin: snip
Hi, I've got a simple question:
I see that the game is Linux but nor WinXP compatible, why is that?
If the game has Linux support, it should support OpenGL and since no DX10 is needed, WinXP shouldn't be a problem either, or did I misunderstand anything?
darthspudius: I feel Exodus plays a lot smoother. The extra voice options help a great deal. It just doesn't feel as clunky as the original game.
Oh I see, I thought you meant the actual control mechanics/scheme but you mean more like the (pseudo-)physics? I can't say I noticed a difference there either but it's easier to miss something like that than it is an actual mechanical difference. I did prefer Exoddus, it felt perfected compared to Oddysee. I was so disappointed about the Munch game though...
[i]"If you pre-order, you'll also receive two pieces of New 'n' Tasty DLC for free:
-Bonus level: Alf's Escape
-Alternative costume: Scrub Abe"[/i]

So is GoG.com also gonna start now with the pre-order exclusives? Day-1 DLC, small and worthless DLCs and such?
I tough they mainly sold complete editions and offered consumer friendly deals, but with stuff like this they hardly stand out from AAA crowd...

Such a shame...
Post edited February 20, 2015 by dako93
dako93: So is GoG.com also gonna start now with the pre-order exclusives DLC practices? Such a shame...
2 things:

1) Pre-order exclusive started on GOG one year ago with Age of Wonders 3.
2) It's not a pre-order exclusive.
dako93: So is GoG.com also gonna start now with the pre-order exclusives DLC practices? Such a shame...
Grargar: 2 things:

1) Pre-order exclusive started on GOG one year ago with Age of Wonders 3.
2) It's not a pre-order exclusive.
It is not exclusive, at least that is positive!

However as many other have expressed before, while it might be a very minor DLC, it is story based and as such should simply be included with the base game, not sold separately to milk the consumer.
OddworldAdmin: Hi there.

As we've said numerous times in this thread (and elsewhere) Alf's Escape was post-launch content on PS4, but we're bringing it day one on PC. It's an entirely optional extra level.

Although it doesn't sound like we'd be able to convince you. :)
Is a pc port of Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD going to be in development soon because of New 'n' Tasty finally getting it's pc release?