It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka with Love is now available for pre-order. Get it 10% off until May 23rd, 1pm UTC.

Take a look behind the Irony Curtain in a satirical point-and-click adventure inspired by the best works of LucasArts and Daedalic Entertainment! See Matryoshka through the eyes of Evan, a goofy journalist, who travels to this far away, secluded, and odd communist regime. Investigate the secrets of the bizarre communist country, witness a story full of unpredictable twists and turns, and meet the mysterious Supreme Leader!
hmmm, pre-order with high price.
At least price is below 30$
Post edited May 09, 2019 by BeatriceElysia
Does the game also feature czar Kazm the great?
Quick trivia: 2nd screenshot, what do the three "judges" remind you of?
(rhetorical question of course, the reference is very specific)
Panaias: Quick trivia: 2nd screenshot, what do the three "judges" remind you of?
I wanna be a pirate!
Yeah, i noticed the reference to monkey island, the game looks charming, as the old lucas arts adventure games. a instant buy on summer sales!
Panaias: Quick trivia: 2nd screenshot, what do the three "judges" remind you of?
Pond86: I wanna be a pirate!
Arrrrrgh! We have a winner ;) Here's your prize, an ask-me-about-loom badge.
It goes through the Cold War season but shows a different scenario, like the President of the United States, so we can't say that and a game with a good historical basis, I won't buy it.
BeatriceElysia: hmmm, pre-order with high price.
At least price is below 30$
it is quite high , but its below 30$ , Brother Rabbit looked different and had the default HOG list price : 14.99 euro
there is not enough video to see what the game looks likes besides the extremely small preview videos.
$ price is okay, if you convert to euro, GBP is expensive if you convert them to euros, is around 3 euros more expensive......

I hope this gif is only part of a cutscene cause it is rather annoying for my eyes, all that static and distorted video image :

https://items.gog.com/irony_curtain_from_matryoshka_with_love/CRT_CUT.gif

Seems longer videos aren'y yet available, only a few minutes , which is to little to see if the game suits me, with their HOGs there are usually lots of video playthroughs showing more of the game .... so if there are too much static noise effcts on the videos through out the game and distorted animations , i have to skip it, will buy it in 2 years at 4.99 or so.

Anyway, its already May and i doubt if any game will arrive that will be a instant buy again , too many meh games released last few months , same goes for steam , lots of meh, and gamersgate, they dont support prepaid anymore for certain regions , so GG is done.
Post edited May 16, 2019 by gamesfreak64
LordTaish: It goes through the Cold War season but shows a different scenario, like the President of the United States, so we can't say that and a game with a good historical basis, I won't buy it.
I noticed a welknown color, blonde, smoking a cigar ( mistake nr one cause its obvious whom they are reffering to, and BTW he doesnt smoke , its sad they involve todays politics in a classic game, should have kept it about Russia , and the old graphics were more lifelike, but were changed to cartoon style , there are already (way) too many games with cartoonstyle ⊙︿⊙

Anyway, good games seem harder to get nowadays ........... its more of the same which isnt bad, but more bad of the same bad , is very bad ⊙︿⊙, but after i playing a good old game all the bad vibes will be gone :D
Post edited May 09, 2019 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: its sad they involve todays politics in a classic game
I don't have a problem with this in general. But I also don't want to see this POS.

Nonetheless the game seems nice and this one thing won't be a reason to stop me from playing it.
gamesfreak64: its sad they involve todays politics in a classic game
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: I don't have a problem with this in general. But I also don't want to see this POS.

Nonetheless the game seems nice and this one thing won't be a reason to stop me from playing it.
POS ? yes the good old Point of Sale , i pre-ordered 2 maybe 3 games , but thats been a while, i became more critical in buying games, too many game that perform bad ( usually a sloppy developer) so refund (s) had to be asked, i hate refunds, afteral i joined to BUY things not to refund things, but games quality had decrased , quantity has taken over, while i prefer quality over quantity anytime.

Sometimes i buy casualgames at 1 euro at (Steam) sales which are listed at 5.99 or 8.99 or more
at 1 buck or less i dont care if the game fs up, or is badly developed and 'burns' the cpu ( eg: pathway, and other java/python, wintermute/visonaire games and dozens of unity games) i do care if its 7.99 or more then i get really 'peeved' :D. (pathway)

Anyway with a little luck i might have a new pc before the year is over, just might (things are very expensive nowadays)then i can prove that bad performance is at least 85% related to bad/sloppy coding ( pathway and other games that use java.python,and other 'inferior' development tools) , for now they blame my old setup "D lets see what the excuses are when a game performs bad on a 8 core 3.6 i7 - 8400 or 9700k ( or something in that range) , a proper gpu with at least 4 or 6 gb ram , win 10 and 16 gb ram ( will expand ram to more ram(mobo can have 32 or 64 gb max)) ... . I wonder what the xcuse will be: :D
Devs should mentione what they used..... this way a gamer can avoid refunds, if i see: made with unity : no buy
maybe at 90% off i try. same goes for the 'programming tools' i mentioned earlier.
Post edited May 10, 2019 by gamesfreak64
"inspired by the best works of LucasArts and Daedalic Entertainment"... I find this statement so weird. There is such a huge difference in the quality of LucasArts compared to the general dross that comes from Daedalic. It concerns me that the two would be used in the same sentence.
same game onSteam , different system req. info

check: irony curtain.png
Attachments:
htown1980: "inspired by the best works of LucasArts and Daedalic Entertainment"... I find this statement so weird. There is such a huge difference in the quality of LucasArts compared to the general dross that comes from Daedalic. It concerns me that the two would be used in the same sentence.
Daedalic has a few funny games , but to compare them with the LucasArts games (classic games that is, i dont favor the new 'games') is too much :D
argamasa: Yeah, i noticed the reference to monkey island, the game looks charming, as the old lucas arts adventure games. a instant buy on summer sales!
yup, they were, sad part is too many new games arrived of which many games are pretty average and quite expensive, lots of bugs, and many other probelms.