It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A haze of neon carnage.

<span class="bold">Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number</span>, a conclusion to the psychotic saga, is now available to pre-order for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% discount.

Limbs strewn everywhere, pulsating to the rhythmic thumping of a haunting (hauntingly good) mixtape. <span class="bold">Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number</span> is a conclusion to the maddeningly good saga that's conquered so many of our hearts, then left them bleeding out in the corner of a musty motel room. A quiet end, we should count ourselves lucky. Should have, because Hotline Miami is back with a thick, bloody vengeance. If there is one thing to love about the series (other than than the incredible soundtrack and gritty neon-laced setting), it's the precise, fast-paced gameplay which just got better and a bit more varied. There are new unique mask abilities like dual wielding or chainsaws (maybe dual-wielding chainsaws, if we're lucky), and seven new playable characters to make up this twisted part-prequel, part-sequel story of Jacket's aftermath.

If there was ever a good reason to pick up the bigger package, the <span class="bold">Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition</span> comes with the Remix EP and 6 unique tracks. An absolute treat, if you're into the Hotline musical stylings. Nothing's lost if you don't want to make the commitment just yet. You can always get the standard edition, and get the upgrade pack when it becomes available later on.

Once it's complete, all versions of the game will also come with a DRM-free Custom Level Editor to create your own maps and share them with friends. While you're waiting, make sure to grab the Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Comics for free!

Ring ring. It's <span class="bold">Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number</span>. Will you pick up? The pre-order is available now on GOG.com, with a 10% discount.

Why is Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number not available for pre-order in Australia?
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number was refused classification by the Australian Classification Board - the classification and censorship body formed by the Australian Government - this means that we are legally unable to sell the game to our Australian customers. We hated to hear it as much as you do, but after thoughtful consideration we felt that by refusing to sell the game worldwide, we would effectively apply the Australian censorship to 190+ other countries in the world. That would be unfairly punishing not just to our customers, but also the developers who took a stand against censoring their game.
By preventing purchases from IP's located within the borders of Australia, we make sure that the smallest number of people are affected by the ban. It sucks, but we believe it's the least of all evils.
Post edited February 25, 2015 by Konrad
Magmarock: DO NOT USE PAYPAL THROUGH TOR
Can I ask why? Thanks
Magmarock: DO NOT USE PAYPAL THROUGH TOR
mobutu: Can I ask why? Thanks
Because it's a proxy paypal will think you're trying to commit fraud. Also it's not secure.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Magmarock
bad_fur_day1: A guy at my work managed to pre-order it from steam as well here in NZ.
Hmm, it was blocked on Steam when the pre-order first appeared, but is available now. Guess they realized at some point that NZ is a separate country.
Magmarock: Because it's a proxy paypal will think you're trying to commit fraud.
And it's the same when using VPN?
bad_fur_day1: A guy at my work managed to pre-order it from steam as well here in NZ.
Mephe: Hmm, it was blocked on Steam when the pre-order first appeared, but is available now. Guess they realized at some point that NZ is a separate country.
Maybe it received a rating lately from NZ. Thus allowing us to buy the Hotline goodness.
Magmarock: Because it's a proxy paypal will think you're trying to commit fraud.
mobutu: And it's the same when using VPN?
Not quite, VPN's can be more secure but it's still not wisle to use paypal via VPN. Because their systems will show transactions from different places around the world and paypal will think your account is being hacked
Grargar: Can you tell me if you can buy Commandos on Humble?

A New Zealander has commented that he can buy the game from here.
mcneil_1: Yep, I can add the game to my cart (no gogbears have shown up saying no).
I think they should change the standard GOG bear for one with a English police helmet and baton would look cooler and give a hit as to what is going on :)

Personally I don't mind if have to by law not sell a game to Australian's but if there is any wriggle room I'd like them to try it, because the same could apply for any country if they had a censorship board like we have here. I'm lucky this time around I wasn't really interested in the game. I don't like fact they give a 404 on the page. It should be page that says you can't buy this because your censorship board deemed it so. Not pretending the game doesn't exist.
mobutu: And it's the same when using VPN?
Magmarock: Not quite, VPN's can be more secure but it's still not wisle to use paypal via VPN. Because their systems will show transactions from different places around the world and paypal will think your account is being hacked
All very valid points. I have a VPN service paid for but don't use it that often. I'm concerned though given our censorship history that despite the 18+ rating the Witcher 3 that I pre-ordered will be censored either by the board or by namco bandy with CDproject as a pre-emptive strike to get it classified lower than 18+.

Starting to question my judgement in pre-ordering now, even though I wanted to support CDProject and GOG.
Magmarock: Not quite, VPN's can be more secure but it's still not wisle to use paypal via VPN. Because their systems will show transactions from different places around the world and paypal will think your account is being hacked
deonast: All very valid points. I have a VPN service paid for but don't use it that often. I'm concerned though given our censorship history that despite the 18+ rating the Witcher 3 that I pre-ordered will be censored either by the board or by namco bandy with CDproject as a pre-emptive strike to get it classified lower than 18+.

Starting to question my judgement in pre-ordering now, even though I wanted to support CDProject and GOG.
I'm not a fan of pre-ording, but I will pre order GOG because they have earned my trust. I'm sure there will be ways to get around the cenership if there is one.

If the game is blocked, then I would ask for a refund and then buy it again using Tor. I'd just say "yeah I'm catching a plan to the US to buy the uncut version of Witcher 3 I'll be there for five minutes though" lol

They won't admit it but I am 100% sure beyond all certainty that both GOG and CD Red have very relaxed IP checking systems. They want you to get the uncut version, but they can't tell you how. Only imply it by saying things like "only Australian IP's are affected *wink wink* "
deonast: All very valid points. I have a VPN service paid for but don't use it that often. I'm concerned though given our censorship history that despite the 18+ rating the Witcher 3 that I pre-ordered will be censored either by the board or by namco bandy with CDproject as a pre-emptive strike to get it classified lower than 18+.

Magmarock: I'm not a fan of pre-ording, but I will pre order GOG because they have earned my trust. I'm sure there will be ways to get around the cenership if there is one.

If the game is blocked, then I would ask for a refund and then buy it again using Tor. I'd just say "yeah I'm catching a plan to the US to buy the uncut version of Witcher 3 I'll be there for five minutes though" lol

They won't admit it but I am 100% sure beyond all certainty that both GOG and CD Red have very relaxed IP checking systems. They want you to get the uncut version, but they can't tell you how. Only imply it by saying things like "only Australian IP's are affected *wink wink* "
Yep I'll be keeping my eyes open for release info. If it is censored then I'll ask for that refund and try and purchase it outside the country (cough, cough) similar to what you mentioned. I hope it doesn't come down to that as for every person that is capable of working around these things there is going to be another caught out (not realising before release) or not capable of the workarounds.

I've been careful to ensure I've not downloaded anything from my pre-order goodies for witcher 3 just in case.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by deonast
Just finished Hotline Miami 1 yesterday. Looking forward to hotline miami 2 some day.
DAMN IT FUCK FUCK IT TO HELL ACB

Is FULL of SINGLE MOTHERS who are also CONSERVATIVE FEMINISTS!

Think a Bunch of Anita sarkeesians and zoe Quinns RUNNING THE DAMN AGCB!

Australia gets ARSE RAPED AGAIN! SRIV and OTHERS Now HM2

IT LOOKS THE SAME AS THE FIRST VERSION!

SUE THE FUCKING AGCB!

Australian Government Classification Board

I got a Legal Letter from them about SRIV basically saying STIFF SHIT we can do what we like and TOO BAD YOU DON'T LIKE IT!

MS LESLEY O'BRIEN is the DIRECTOR! Need I say More our whole country is run by these CRAZY WOMEN!

How to View Docs.png

Download Docs.png then
RENAME Docs.png to Docs.rar then
Unzip Docs.rar inside is a PDF use your PDF viewer to read it!

Watch this if YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jpvvb9Cw50

MADAME speaker! FEMINAZ below!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JjgRJ_DO6k
Attachments:
docs.png (300 Kb)
Post edited February 27, 2015 by fr33kSh0w2012
Magmarock: If the game is blocked, then I would ask for a refund and then buy it again using Tor.
And how will you make the payment if you said you'll not pay thru Tor/VPN? ;)

I received now the email from gog with preorder HM2 ... i wonder if they sent this email to australian customers too ;)
Post edited February 27, 2015 by mobutu
Magmarock: If the game is blocked, then I would ask for a refund and then buy it again using Tor.
mobutu: And how will you make the payment if you said you'll not pay thru Tor/VPN? ;)

I received now the email from gog with preorder HM2 ... i wonder if they sent this email to australian customers too ;)
When you get to the paypal page. Copy and past the address bar into your real browser.
MrLongPants: Probably been asked and answered 100x and I'm sorry if thats true.

Being in Australia I was wondering if a friend in America bought this game and gifted it to me would I be able to access it?
Magmarock: You can buy it yourself using tor browser. but keep two things in mind

1. change your login details either before or after you've used Tor

2. copy and paste the paypal invoice from Tor to your real browser DO NOT USE PAYPAL THROUGH TOR
Never heard of TOR before but this seems very helpful thank you.

Still just wondering does this mean that I would be able to continue downloading the game and receiving updates for the game thru my real browser without needing to use TOR?

If that's the case then somebody gifting me the game would do the same thing wouldn't it?