It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Delayed, with a silver lining...

November 3, 2015 - UPDATE:
Due to publisher request, both the base edition and Collector's Edition of Hard West are again available 20% off during pre-orders - purchasing the standard edition will no longer grant access to the Collector's Edition of the game.
If you previously purchased the standard edition, your pre-order will still be automatically upgraded to the Collector's Edition. Look out for a confirmation email before the game's release.
If you purchased the Collector's Edition before November 3, 2:45 PM GMT, you'll soon receive a discount code for any Devolver or Gambitious game on GOG.com. A token of appreciation for your support.

October 30, 2015 - UPDATE:
The Hard West release date has been officially pushed back by two weeks to November 18 - but there is a silver lining! Gambitious Digital Entertainment are making the Collector's Edition available for the price of the standard edition to everyone who preorders the game.
If you already bought the standard edition, your pre-order will be automatically upgraded to the Collector's Edition. Look out for a confirmation email before the game's release.
If you purchased the Collector's Edition you'll soon find a discount code for any GOG.com Devolver or Gambitious game on your game shelf. A token of appreciation for your support.

<span class="bold">Hard West</span>, a brutal Wild West tactical RPG, is available for pre-orders now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% pre-order discounts.

The Hard West is a dangerous West, a weird West - a world of supernatural forces clashing with human greed, remains and traces of black pacts haunting the dusty roads and saloons. Hard West is hard. In true spirit of a wild, wild west - it's a game that seems to get satisfaction from making sure you never, ever, feel safe and secure. A bullet is a bullet, and folks aren't made out of sponge. They do, however, have an arsenal of tricks and abilities at their disposal - that, and a healthy dose of luck. Your tactical options will include dynamic, improvised cover, ricochets, and using shadows (not just yours) for every advantage you can get.

Hard West is a game that focuses on offering plenty of depth and unfamiliar twists on your favorite kind of squad-based, tactical gameplay.

Your pre-order includes the <span class="bold">Hard West - Digital Collector's Edition</span> complete with a Digital Artbook, Original Digital Comic Book, and the Full Original Digital Soundtrack, all for the price of the regular edition.

Pre-order <span class="bold">Hard West</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The discount will last for the duration of pre-orders.
HornyRhino: thanks for the link impaler :)

* Regional price for Hard West Collector's Edition [Premium] [Upcoming] is $28.79 instead of $24.99 in regGB

wow that is high compared to the others below....the others must come with 75% discounts by default looking at them prices :(

* Regional price for Hard West Collector's Edition [Premium] [Upcoming] is ""$11.99"" instead of $24.99 in regMX, regBR
* Regional price for Hard West Collector's Edition [Premium] [Upcoming] is ""$6.49"" instead of $24.99 in regRU, regUA, regUZ

thanks to this i am not going to pre-order now i will add it to my watch list when its better priced.
comparing GB to Mexico,Brazil,Russia and Ukraine is hardly fair.
Post edited November 02, 2015 by Niggles
HornyRhino:
Niggles: comparing GB to Mexico,Brazil,Russia and Ukraine is hardly fair.
Why not? They are people, we are people. All our lives carry the same weight and importance to us.
What makes you think it is unfair that we want to consider ourselves to them? Heck, they do not even live in real 3rd world countries any more.

The sooner there is a single world currency the better we will all be, and the sooner people living in "poor" countries will realise that they have not been financially much worse off at all.
Ahem.... the euro.
011284mm: Why not? They are people, we are people. All our lives carry the same weight and importance to us.
What kind of argument is that? Sure if we are arguing about healthcare or some such it would make sense but we are talking about regional pricing here, lives are hardly at stake. I think the point is, people in those countries earn less when measured in a "global currency" as you suggest and hence have less to spend. Your commodities do cost more as well but still the amount of discretionary income in UK is bound to be much higher than that in Russia.
GOG.com: If you purchased the Collector's Edition you'll soon find a discount code for any GOG.com Devolver or Gambitious game on your game shelf. A token of appreciation for your support.
Barry_Woodward: I preordered the Collector's Edition but I already have every Devolver and Gambitous game in the GOG catalog, so a discount code would be useless to me. Can I get my four bucks back?
Since you have every Devolver and Gambitious title - you could always wait for their next game to be released since you're likely to buy them anyway. :)
so am i to understand if you pre-order the collectors package now that on release you get a free game code as well as the £1.60 rebate?

just checking to clarify...
HornyRhino: so am i to understand if you pre-order the collectors package now that on release you get a free game code as well as the £1.60 rebate?

As I understand it.
If before this news came out you had bought the collectors edition then you get a free key. If you buy it now, or only had bought the normal edition then you just get the collectors edition.
Wow... seems highly fishy way of handling sales...
So, how do we know what version we are getting now?

I pre-ordered on the 30th during the "delayed promotion" so my e-mail says collectors edition, but my library says standard

Now this new update is saying both are available again
What a clusterfuck...
No intention of picking this up at all now
HornyRhino: so am i to understand if you pre-order the collectors package now that on release you get a free game code as well as the £1.60 rebate?

011284mm: As I understand it.
If before this news came out you had bought the collectors edition then you get a free key. If you buy it now, or only had bought the normal edition then you just get the collectors edition.
That's not how I read it. To me it's saying if you ordered the regular edition previously, you'll automatically be upgraded to the Collector's Edition. If you pre-ordered the Collector's Edition earlier, then you get a discount coupon. You don't get an extra game key.
Zergoss: So, how do we know what version we are getting now?

I pre-ordered on the 30th during the "delayed promotion" so my e-mail says collectors edition, but my library says standard

Now this new update is saying both are available again
If a Deluxe/Collector's/Special/Whatever version of a game is available, it isn't mentioned in the library. For instance, even though I bought the Special Edition of Shadowgate, my library only says Shadowgate. If you are having second thoughts about whether you really have the Collector's Edition of Hard West, you should check your Order History and see if there is any mention of the Collector's Edition there.
This is all leading me to think that neither GOG nor Devolver & Gambitious quite know how well this game would sell. After all you normally only pull a "good deal" when it turns out to hurt the supply.
So how much money do they think they are loosing out on? Many wont buy the game until it hits 50% or more anyway.
011284mm: As I understand it.
GR00T: That's not how I read it. To me it's saying if you ordered the regular edition previously, you'll automatically be upgraded to the Collector's Edition. If you pre-ordered the Collector's Edition earlier, then you get a discount coupon. You don't get an extra game key.
apparently now you get a free game voucher if you purchased before 3rd Nov instead of before where it was a free game voucher if you purchased the collectors edition before the collectors for same price as regular promotion.

Due to publisher request, both the base edition and Collector's Edition of Hard West are again available 20% off during pre-orders - purchasing the standard edition will no longer grant access to the Collector's Edition of the game.
If you previously purchased the standard edition, your pre-order will still be automatically upgraded to the Collector's Edition. Look out for a confirmation email before the game's release.
If you purchased the Collector's Edition before November 3, 2:45 PM GMT, you'll soon receive a discount code for any Devolver or Gambitious game on GOG.com. A token of appreciation for your support.
"Delayed, with a silver lining...

"

They did this as a goodwill gesture and now removes it. What the hell? (no i hadnt ordered it yet and im wondering whether i will bother since the PUBLISHER pulls this stunt)
This is why a dev should NOT take on a publisher. The goodwill gesture was offered due to delay of game release. Why pull it?
Post edited November 03, 2015 by Niggles