It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grim Fandango resurrected.

Grim Fandango Remastered marks the return of gaming's most recognisable, and notoriously unavailable, cult classic - now on Windows, Mac, and Linux. This upcoming release got everybody so excited, Tim Schafer even prepared a special trailer all about how you can pre-order Grim Fandango Remastered (and why that’s a fine idea) right now, exclusively on GOG.com for the first week!

Grim Fandango is by far the single most wishlisted game by the GOG.com community with an overwhelming 45,000 votes. It's a unique blend of Mexican folklore with film noir stylings, and has been critically praised for its art direction, writing, and memorable characters.

Grim Fandango Remastered refreshes, refines, and remasters the award winning title and Tim Schafer's last hurrah as LucasArts' adventure-gaming-extraordinaire. The remaster modernizes the game's presentation and gameplay with completely repainted textures, widescreen support, and quite possibly best of all: modern controls. You can now say goodbye to unwieldy tank controls, a staple of the early 3D era, and enjoy a fully point-and-click interface - but only if you want! The option to play the game as originally envisioned is always there.

Have you missed Grim Fandango the first time around? Now's your chance to experience gaming history like never before, or if you have played it in its heyday - you're probably long overdue for another go anyway. You can pre-order Grim Fandango Remastered right now on GOG.com!
The pre-order will last until Tuesday, January 27, when the game is expected to launch on GOG.com.

It took a lot to bring this classic back to life. If you’d like to learn more about the remaster, Double Fine and 2 Player Productions have just released the newest episode of The Making of Grim Fandango Remastered - a recommended watch.

<iframe width="773" height="435"src="//www.youtube.com/embed/swrIN5yIaOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Post edited January 13, 2015 by Konrad
Rixasha: I won't partake in the flamefest anymore. Jeez.

Meanwhile, not trying to sound negative, but what exactly is the incentive to pre-order?
Presumably a lower price.
low rated
darthspudius: The stupidity that has popped up on this board is painful to watch. Perhaps if you had kept in touch with the development progress for this game you wouldn't have to ask myself to find it for you. It won't take long if you actually put some effort into it sonny.
SirPrimalform: I looked on the game's page. That should be enough.

So what, it has the actual original assets included? Textures, music, etc.? Including tank controls does not the original game make.
Yes so you keep saying. Why should the original page be suffice? That is very limited thinking from you. If you're too lazy to find the information properly, shut up about it.

Edit: One google search and I found it on the front page. That was not hard now...
Post edited January 14, 2015 by darthspudius
synfresh: Right and I agree that low brow for GoG to do. If the original does in fact come with the game then perhaps in their mind that fulfills the wish. Does this happen with other games (wish goes away once it's on sale here)?
SirPrimalform: Darthspudius said that the original is included but I'm still waiting for a source on that info because there's nothing on the game's page on GOG.

It's possible that he's talking about the fact that you can still play with tank controls, but that doesn't change the music back to the original recordings or anything else...
I have a hard time believing this is going to contain the original (unless it's a separate executable) because there is also a PS4 version of this game and I can't see how you put the original in the game to be compatible with consoles. grimremastered.com mentions nothing about the original being included. Third, the original is probably still under Disney and cannot be sold by Double Fine.
Rixasha: Meanwhile, not trying to sound negative, but what exactly is the incentive to pre-order?
sgoshe: Presumably a lower price.
It's not stated anywhere, though, is it?
high rated
SirPrimalform: Darthspudius said that the original is included but I'm still waiting for a source on that info because there's nothing on the game's page on GOG.

It's possible that he's talking about the fact that you can still play with tank controls, but that doesn't change the music back to the original recordings or anything else...
darthspudius: What difference would the original music make? The music was very poor in comparison to the rest of the game. I could understand if it was anything to go on about (like say Command & Conquer being released without the soundtrack) but the soundtrack was really not the greatest.
Because it's not the original fucking version if it's not the original fucking version. How can it be the original version if it doesn't have the original music?

I've begun to lose patience with the attitude you're expressing towards me. All I asked was for a source about the original being included and you were just a dick back to me.

You accused me and others of not being able to read and then called me stupid and now it turns out you somehow didn't understand my question, either through inability to read or just plain stupidity.

And I really don't understand what you think "the original game" means now if you don't seem to include music in that.

Now the question is, when you said "the original will be accessible in this new version." what the hell did you mean? Source or GTFO.

synfresh: I have a hard time believing this is going to contain the original (unless it's a separate executable) because there is also a PS4 version of this game and I can't see how you put the original in the game to be compatible with consoles. grimremastered.com mentions nothing about the original being included. Third, the original is probably still under Disney and cannot be sold by Double Fine.
This is what I've been trying to find out from Darthspudius and he's just been obtuse and insulting. I think he's just making things up to troll me. Well, it worked.
darthspudius: Edit: One google search and I found it on the front page. That was not hard now...
Link? I'm not exactly prepared to take your word at the moment.
Post edited January 14, 2015 by SirPrimalform
SirPrimalform: Now the question is, when you said "the original will be accessible in this new version." what the hell did you mean? Source or GTFO.
Sorry I enter that discussion, but there's this vague part in the OP: "...You can now say goodbye to unwieldy tank controls, a staple of the early 3D era, and enjoy a fully point-and-click interface - but only if you want! The option to play the game as originally envisioned is always there. " (bolding mine). No idea what exactly is meant by that-maybe the original is included with original graphics and all, or maybe only the original control schemes are conserved-although the phrasing leads to the 1st assumption.

And, btw, a chance to bump a question of mine as it got lost in the torrent of posts.
high rated
SirPrimalform: Now the question is, when you said "the original will be accessible in this new version." what the hell did you mean? Source or GTFO.
Treasure: Sorry I enter that discussion, but there's this vague part in the OP: "...You can now say goodbye to unwieldy tank controls, a staple of the early 3D era, and enjoy a fully point-and-click interface - but only if you want! The option to play the game as originally envisioned is always there. " (bolding mine). No idea what exactly is meant by that-maybe the original is included with original graphics and all, or maybe only the original control schemes are conserved-although the phrasing leads to the 1st assumption.

And, btw, a chance to bump a question of mine as it got lost in the torrent of posts.
My interpretation of that line is that it's just referring to the controls. I'm really glad that the remake gives a choice on controls, but nothing there really suggests that the game in its original form is included. It's just playing (because of the controls) as originally envisioned, not 'experiencing' as originally envisioned. The question is, does darthspudius know more than that, did he just interpret that line differently or does he just vastly misunderstand what 'original version' means?

EDIT: As for your question, I would guess it doesn't really need that much but it's hard to be sure. I don't think the original is included in this version in a way that it would actually have lower requirements, but it's possible that the remaster doesn't actually have requirements that high. I think GOG has a habit of overstating the requirements to be on the safe side.
high rated
SirPrimalform: My interpretation of that line is that it's just referring to the controls.
There will be also access to original graphics or something close to it.

As far as I've seen, no, the original game will not be included.
high rated
SirPrimalform: My interpretation of that line is that it's just referring to the controls.
madth3: There will be also access to original graphics or something close to it.

As far as I've seen, no, the original game will not be included.
That's also nice, but it hardly backs up darthspudius's "OMG it says the original is included everywhere!1 ur all to stupid to read it tho".

But then his interpretation of "original version" doesn't seem to include music for some reason. I don't know how one can ignore music as part of a game like that. Since the music is re-recorded for this version, of course the original music would be an important part of the original version. Being that Grim Fandango has one of my favourite soundtracks ever (games and movies), I'm excited to hear the new versions but I'd also really value the original versions.

EDIT: Hah! A bunch of people downvoted his post. This is the first and only time I've been happy to see a downvoted post. On the whole I think it's a stupid feature, but it feels deserved here.
If my eyes don't lie, the price has dropped to 14$ from 15$.
thrilled GF is coming here, add me to list for wanting the original in its unedited glory (that will play on a machine with less than 4GB of memory)...
Treasure: P.S.2 are the specs of my 1GB laptop and [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/computer_specs_post_yours_here/post155]here the specs of my 2GB laptop, if you GOG staffers need to know them.
Unfortunately your integrated graphics card also does not meet the minimum requirements of Intel HD 4000 Graphics. Here is a performance comparison which indicates that your 2 GB laptop is unlikely to run the game properly.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=864&amp;gid2=107&amp;compare=intel-hd-graphics-4000-mobile-vs-intel-965-express-family

Also the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 in your first laptop is closer in performance to the minimum required but no guarantees whether it will run the game properly or not either.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=864&amp;gid2=360&amp;compare=intel-hd-graphics-4000-mobile-vs-mobility-radeon-hd-4200
Post edited January 14, 2015 by stg83
Treasure: P.S.2 are the specs of my 1GB laptop and [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/computer_specs_post_yours_here/post155]here the specs of my 2GB laptop, if you GOG staffers need to know them.
stg83: Unfortunately your integrated graphics card also does not meet the minimum requirements of Intel HD 4000 Graphics. Here is a performance comparison which indicates that your 2 GB laptop is unlikely to run the game properly.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=864&amp;gid2=107&amp;compare=intel-hd-graphics-4000-mobile-vs-intel-965-express-family
Thanks for the help. I didn't really understand all this techy stuff on that page-but that's not really suprising as I don't really look at the graphic cards regarding requirements-I only look at the processor and Ram(they're easier to remember when I'm out at a retail store!). Well, I'm not surprised my graphic cards are also inferior, but that's also part of the problem-that is, I manage to run older games just fine on these 2 pcs (I've played Assassin's Creed 2 on the 1GB ram pc and Dragon Age on the 2GB ram for example, on the lowest settings possible-which still looked good!-without lag). With such specs, I should normally be able to run just fine the original Grim Fandango(and that's another reason I support the asking for it, and same with the original Monkey Island-I don't have a 3ghz processor...).
At least, and supposing the graphic card requirements are true to reality, I know now that I won't probably be able to play the remaster until I get a better pc (which won't happen anytime soon, as those 2 pcs still work just fine). So, thanks again for saving me some money-I wasn't going to preorder anyways, but I might have bought it on a sale or something...
Treasure: At least, and supposing the graphic card requirements are true to reality, I know now that I won't probably be able to play the remaster until I get a better pc (which won't happen anytime soon, as those 2 pcs still work just fine). So, thanks again for saving me some money-I wasn't going to preorder anyways, but I might have bought it on a sale or something...
Indeed, I totally understand what you mean by real requirements as I have also played games on lower settings that do not entirely meet the given specifications. This is why demos are still so important to confirm whether a game will truly run on a particular system since there are so many different variations and settings in PC gaming. I guess we will only know for sure regarding the actual requirements when the game comes out.
Post edited January 14, 2015 by stg83
high rated
i would like to add something for those saying we don't need the original since the remastered has a classic mode , that does not mean everyone will be able to access it.

Want to give two example which extremely disappointed me
1) doom collection aka doom 1 , doom 2 , doom 3 + expansion -> doom 3 bfg edition
now i have played all the doom games on my laptop before they all ran great with no issues properly when i heard doom 3 bfg had everything packed in nicely i jumped to get it ....
Thats where the sadness began
1) they have updated the system requirements in such a heavy way that no system that ran previous doom games would be able to run doom 3 bfg not even to play the old classic doom 1
you can check the doom 3 bfg forums people still are not able to run the "Bfg edition " properly till now
game needs a beefy card

2) rise of nations-> rise of nations extended edition
now i have played the retail version of this on this laptop before it ran nicely but when i got this extended edition i was shocked that they had bumped the requirements so high that game wont even start if you dont have a gfx card thats supports dx11 :O and its the same game as before

i would be happy if they include the original version of grim fandango or release it separately later down the line, so more people can play without requirement worries.