It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grim Fandango resurrected.

Grim Fandango Remastered marks the return of gaming's most recognisable, and notoriously unavailable, cult classic - now on Windows, Mac, and Linux. This upcoming release got everybody so excited, Tim Schafer even prepared a special trailer all about how you can pre-order Grim Fandango Remastered (and why that’s a fine idea) right now, exclusively on GOG.com for the first week!

Grim Fandango is by far the single most wishlisted game by the GOG.com community with an overwhelming 45,000 votes. It's a unique blend of Mexican folklore with film noir stylings, and has been critically praised for its art direction, writing, and memorable characters.

Grim Fandango Remastered refreshes, refines, and remasters the award winning title and Tim Schafer's last hurrah as LucasArts' adventure-gaming-extraordinaire. The remaster modernizes the game's presentation and gameplay with completely repainted textures, widescreen support, and quite possibly best of all: modern controls. You can now say goodbye to unwieldy tank controls, a staple of the early 3D era, and enjoy a fully point-and-click interface - but only if you want! The option to play the game as originally envisioned is always there.

Have you missed Grim Fandango the first time around? Now's your chance to experience gaming history like never before, or if you have played it in its heyday - you're probably long overdue for another go anyway. You can pre-order Grim Fandango Remastered right now on GOG.com!
The pre-order will last until Tuesday, January 27, when the game is expected to launch on GOG.com.

It took a lot to bring this classic back to life. If you’d like to learn more about the remaster, Double Fine and 2 Player Productions have just released the newest episode of The Making of Grim Fandango Remastered - a recommended watch.

<iframe width="773" height="435"src="//www.youtube.com/embed/swrIN5yIaOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Post edited January 13, 2015 by Konrad
GeneralFailer: 4 GB of RAM looks really weird among other minimum requirements. It's as much as Far Cry 4 requires.
truhlik: Really high HQ requirements for a P&C adventure:/ I'd appreciate more original. With low res pixel graphic.
pacciulli: It's just me or all GOG games require 4gb of RAM?
Have a look at http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000/why_are_the_requirements_so_high and http://www.gog.com/forum/general/preorder_pillars_of_eternity_67c76/post224
Djungelurban: Well, then piracy is a solid option two...
The piracy is not a solution. Besides, the original GF game is still being sold in stores. I got mine original copy for like 3$.
fr33kSh0w2012: (....)
Its not as if gog did not make some games run on modern systems that were virtually impossible to run. I just think gog should not exclude the option to try to get the original. I understand it might not be possible at the moment to get it but you never know what might happen. Lucasarts still owns the original at the moment by data available on the net. Double Fine only owns the remake.
fr33kSh0w2012: (....)
Matruchus: Its not as if gog did not make some games run on modern systems that were virtually impossible to run. I just think gog should not exclude the option to try to get the original. I understand it might not be possible at the moment to get it but you never know what might happen. Lucasarts still owns the original at the moment by data available on the net. Double Fine only owns the remake.
For a lack of better words, it is a waste of time and effort.
Djungelurban: Well, then piracy is a solid option two...
zeffyr: The piracy is not a solution. Besides, the original GF game is still being sold in stores. I got mine original copy for like 3$.
Getting a remake when you want the original also isn't a solution.

Matruchus: Its not as if gog did not make some games run on modern systems that were virtually impossible to run. I just think gog should not exclude the option to try to get the original. I understand it might not be possible at the moment to get it but you never know what might happen. Lucasarts still owns the original at the moment by data available on the net. Double Fine only owns the remake.
darthspudius: For a lack of better words, it is a waste of time and effort.
It's only a waste of time and effort if there's no market for it. Which in this game's case there certainly might be.
high rated
cyboff: Well, original and remastered HD are IMHO two very different versions which should not be mixed in wishlists - difference in number of votes was significant, and there was a reason for it...
Saying that, I'm very glad we have DRM-free remastered version here at least, because it looks like all efforts in bringing true original version ended here...
Matruchus: Yeah gog just made an addition in the wish for Grim Fandango Remastered explaining that they have no access to the original version and won't be trying anymore to bring it here since the remastered version is here which enables users to kind off switch to the old visuals inside the game. From their viewpoint the wishes for original and remastered have been fulfilled basically making the whole community wishlist pointless.
I really don't get this complaint. This is the same game, this isn't a George Lucase style messing with the original. It literally just has better textures, lighting, and orchestral music. Plus it has the point and click interface optional for people who have wanted it for years

I own the original, I have played it through more than a few times, it's one of my favorite games of all time. I don't see how remastering it is a bad thing, especially since they didn't really tamper with anything making it worse
Currently i'm broke . Wishlisted .
Post edited January 13, 2015 by ne_zavarj
chronomagnus: I really don't get this complaint. This is the same game, this isn't a George Lucase style messing with the original. It literally just has better textures, lighting, and orchestral music. Plus it has the point and click interface optional for people who have wanted it for years

I own the original, I have played it through more than a few times, it's one of my favorite games of all time. I don't see how remastering it is a bad thing, especially since they didn't really tamper with anything making it worse
Regardless of that its not the original game and that's the whole the point since they manipulated the votes which is the problem here. I have no issue with the remastered version itself. Anybody remembers Z remake release and it being written down in the wishlist as original release ?
Post edited January 13, 2015 by Matruchus
high rated
Elmofongo: Complain about it being English only yet you write your complaint in English?
moonshineshadow: If you had bothered to read my whole comment you would have realised that my complaint is not because I have a problem with English.... Also it is unpolite to write in other languages in the English general forums. And last what use is a complaint if the responsible persons can not speak the language it is written in... -.-
I understand and I am sorry.
Post edited January 13, 2015 by Elmofongo
There's a number of game re-releases that have "new and improved" music that then turns out to be quite the disappointment for everyone who heard the original first.
Wait wait, pre-ordering is exclusive to GOG? That's amazing!

But nevertheless, given DF's recent track record, I'll wait till it gets patched. I've never played Grim Fandango and want a polished version.
Copy protection is for suckers! Had a good laugh when Tim said that. Glad to support a game that I never got to play and wouldn't even want to try getting that old version out there to work now. Thanks for your support of GOG Tim!
low rated
zeffyr: The piracy is not a solution. Besides, the original GF game is still being sold in stores. I got mine original copy for like 3$.
Djungelurban: Getting a remake when you want the original also isn't a solution.

darthspudius: For a lack of better words, it is a waste of time and effort.
Djungelurban: It's only a waste of time and effort if there's no market for it. Which in this game's case there certainly might be.
The whole original game is going to be in this release. There is absolute no point what so ever of releasing the original with it.
Rixasha: There's a number of game re-releases that have "new and improved" music that then turns out to be quite the disappointment for everyone who heard the original first.
Fan boy boo hoo much? ;)

yes I remember monkey island fans crying because they butchered the original soundtrack. When in reality it sounded a hell of a lot better.
Post edited January 13, 2015 by darthspudius
high rated
OK, folks, the languages have been confirmed for Grim Fandango Remastered so please check the game card :)
Djungelurban: Getting a remake when you want the original also isn't a solution.

It's only a waste of time and effort if there's no market for it. Which in this game's case there certainly might be.
darthspudius: The whole original game is going to be in this release. There is absolute no point what so ever of releasing the original with it.
Content-wise yes, but not execution-wise... It's a record of gaming history and I want it portrayed in it's original form, not with a shiny new gloss of paint over it.