It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Big Apple is rotten to the core. Take a big bite.

<span class="bold">Beat Cop</span>, a retro-styled, nonlinear adventure about beating the odds and perils of 80's Brooklyn, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 10% pre-order discount!

From NY detective to traffic warden, it's a long way to fall. And Jack Kelly didn't exactly land on his feet, either. With the false murder accusations ruining both his life and career, his only ticket to a decent existence is working the mean Brooklyn streets while looking for the real culprits.

The 10% discount will last until the game's release on March 30.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vdOkJpBgs_I
Post edited March 30, 2017 by maladr0Id
low rated
Forum popping.

Also, looks amazing.
I started watching the video and the guy's voice-over was so annoying I had to turn it off. I wonder if he is present in the game. When something calls itself 'edgy', that is also a put-off. How do you know my mom wouldn't approve? I think this game wants to be cool, but I'm not sure that it is. Curious to see what ppl have to say about it.
Post edited March 23, 2017 by drealmer7
Could be interesting, but I'm so tired of this "retro-styled" BS.
low rated
I hope it comes with a "wakka-chikka-wakka" soundtrack! :P
Looks great, but I'm not so sure about the humour. I think I'd prefer something serious like the police quest series from the same perspective. Police Quest 1 is the first thing some of the screenshots reminded me of. But I'll wait and see. Could turn out great.
A game in which you beat the cops? Great! :P
By the way, lovely visuals!
low rated
Vythonaut: A game in which you beat the cops? Great! :P
That was bad!

+1 XD
Smannesman: Could be interesting, but I'm so tired of this "retro-styled" BS.
i kinda agree....but i dont think retro is BS, but i am getting tired of games like this game: Beat cop
when i was a kid i played dozens of these action games, but people get older, much older and all i want is to relax while gaming, i dont want to bust my arms (decathlon joysticjk game) i rather mess up my mouse arm by playing relaxing adventure games, point and click, no hectic shooting for me anymore, dont have the adrenaline for it anymore.

Punch Club was a nice game, it had 'action' and it was fun to play, fighting games like MK3 are also past history,
only point and click games for me and some word games, the rest of the games i play are casualgames like match3 and hidden object games, games you can sit down to and relax while playing.

So i skip the new games, only pre-ordered the full throttle cause the driving can be skipped, like i said i like point and click games not action games.

Simulation games take wau to long i am to old for that and i dont have the patience to click and watch and click and watch i like some interaction and brain excercise thats why the point and click games where i have to think how to solve things.
tinyE: That was bad!

+1 XD
I always prefer to play as the good guy and waste all badguys, cant remember i bought a game where you have to play the bad guy.
besides look at the recommended system:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad 2.7 Ghz, AMD Phenom(TM)II X4 3 Ghz

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: GeForce GTX 260, Radeon HD 5770, 1024 MB, Shader Model 3.0
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

quad core 2.7 ghz for pixels we used to play games like this on an AMIGA 500 , and today we need quad cores

The best thing is the price its < 15 euros and its a excellent list price at 13.99 , if the game was less hectic and fast , and the recommended was lower ( 2.67 ghz quadcore) i might have bought it, cause the idea/setting looks cool.

Anyay i will check Thimbleweed Park , its wishlisted.
Seems it got delayed to march 30 ? i could have sworn it was set to be released at march 20th (steam) but i forgot to take a screenshot.... next time i will take screenshots cause steam is making lots of release errors ....
Post edited March 23, 2017 by gamesfreak64
tinyE: That was bad!

+1 XD
But you liked it! ;)
Seen a video opinion of a youtuber about this, seems pretty peculiar, borderline "broken", albeit interesting.

Glad to see it apparently fairly priced.
high rated
I'm probably going to buy this, but I wonder when game designers realize that what attracts players to "retro style" isn't toe-nail-sized pixels but a hand-drawn feel of the graphics. The "mobile games released for computers as an afterthought" [yes, I know that technically, mobile phones are also computers, but we all know what we're talking about here] isn't much valid anymore, as many handsets have higher resolution than full HD, so I'm afraid this really is about different expectations of the taste of the public. So guys, girls, creators: lovely retro style equals hand-drawn/hand-pixeled feelings, not low resolution!

I'm just praying that Thimbleweed Park will get this right because I have a hunch that it will trigger another wave of retro-styled point'n'clickers.
low rated
Has this Dev made anything else?
Wottie: I'm probably going to buy this, but I wonder when game designers realize that what attracts players to "retro style" isn't toe-nail-sized pixels but a hand-drawn feel of the graphics. The "mobile games released for computers as an afterthought" [yes, I know that technically, mobile phones are also computers, but we all know what we're talking about here] isn't much valid anymore, as many handsets have higher resolution than full HD, so I'm afraid this really is about different expectations of the taste of the public. So guys, girls, creators: lovely retro style equals hand-drawn/hand-pixeled feelings, not low resolution!

I'm just praying that Thimbleweed Park will get this right because I have a hunch that it will trigger another wave of retro-styled point'n'clickers.
Wottie I agree so much with you. This huge pixels wave does not feel retro to me. Pixellated graphics I loved in the past were those artly handcrafted games mouse-painted for old consoles or VGA and SVGA. They were overcoming the technical limits making great use of the media. From Ghouls n Ghosts to Lands of Lore I was amazed looking at those gorgeaus graphics as they came out. I remember how beautiful Gobliiins was for me. I am waiting for an underground cyberpunk point and click adventure called the Virtuaverse. From the previews I have seen I am sure they are nailing it. I have spoke with one of the authors, Victor Love/Master Boot Records, and it's also probably going to be a free game.
Instead, flat (no shading, low detail, expressionless characters) graphics like the ones in Beat Cop don't move me and don't struck me as unique. They feel modern and hipsters late for the party.
Virtuaverse preview video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IV23hpul6qs
This is a good way to do pixellated art and games IMHO.
Post edited March 23, 2017 by Cecco
The game title is disgusting.
But the trailer made me curious about it, perhaps I'll buy it.
Who knows, maybe it's a good game with awful name, like N64 Banjo-Kazooie.
Post edited March 23, 2017 by almabrds