It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Be the very first to play!

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is now available to preload on GOG.com. If you have pre-ordered the anticipated, next-generation RPG, you can choose to pre-load the game and be one of the very first to play once it goes live on May 19th.

The simplest way to preload the game is through the just-released GOG Galaxy Beta. GOG Galaxy is fully integrated into the DRM-free release of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> and includes convenient auto-updates, game time tracking and achievements. Of course, you can also preload manually by downloading the available files off your shelf on the website.

The preload includes subtitles in every language and full English voiceovers. Once the game is live, you'll have the option to download an additional ~3GB language pack with voiceovers in your preferred language.

The complete original soundtrack is also available for download today alongside the preload, just in time to set the proper mood for the ruthless, dark-fantasy epic. If you preordered the game, you'll find the soundtrack in the bonus goodies section of your shelf. Don't forget, that this is one of the last opportunities to take advantage of the pre-order discounts - that includes the -20% loyalty deal for owners of the previous two The Witcher games on GOG.com!

While you wait, check out one of the sexiest previews of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span>, brought to you by the hilarity-infused Conan O'Brien:

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SfjLRuE1CLw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Post edited May 12, 2015 by Konrad
JDelekto: no self-respecting gamer would ever use anything other than a keyboard. and mouse (well, I use a trackball, but same difference) ;)
Niteris: I don't think you know what a gamer is then, I used a gamepad to play The Witcher 2. It's much better on gamepad.
Also what's your excuse for emulated games? Or fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

Stop being elitist.
I'm not being elitist, I'm just saying that I'd rather have control over my gaming rig than someone handing me my own opinion.

As far as emulated games go, I prefer Pac-Man and Tetris, very easy to play without a game controller. Don't get me wrong though, there are games which controllers are apropos --I think you mentioned a couple.

However, for most modern-day RPG type games, I find the keyboard gives many more degrees of freedom than a gamepad. I consider the Witcher 3 to be one of those modern RPGs.
Niteris: I don't think you know what a gamer is then, I used a gamepad to play The Witcher 2. It's much better on gamepad.
Also what's your excuse for emulated games? Or fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

Stop being elitist.
JDelekto: I'm not being elitist, I'm just saying that I'd rather have control over my gaming rig than someone handing me my own opinion.

As far as emulated games go, I prefer Pac-Man and Tetris, very easy to play without a game controller. Don't get me wrong though, there are games which controllers are apropos --I think you mentioned a couple.

However, for most modern-day RPG type games, I find the keyboard gives many more degrees of freedom than a gamepad. I consider the Witcher 3 to be one of those modern RPGs.
But you weren't "just saying I'd rather have control over my gaming rig", you said:
JDelekto: no self-respecting gamer would ever use anything other than a keyboard. and mouse (well, I use a trackball, but same difference) ;)
You were talking about literally every gamer ever to have played a game.
Some games are just meant to be played on controller, other just player better on a control. Same thing with a keyboard. There's no one strict control scheme for all the games ever made, it varies from game to game.

E.g. For me it made more sense to play The Witcher 2 on a gamepad, but I played Mount and Blade on a keyboard because the controls felt better.

It would be silly to go play something like Metroid on a keyboard. You can't dictate one method of control you prefer and say that everyone else who prefers differently is bad, that is being elitist. Simply saying you prefer keyboard over a gamepad isn't, but you didn't say that, you said it the elitist way.

This is why every PC gamer gets jokes made about them being "elitist".

Stop being elitist.
The Witchery 2 game pad controls were sooo clunky! Better is clearly a matter of opinion because I thought they were shite. Lol :D

Stop being elitist.
darthspudius: The Witchery 2 game pad controls were sooo clunky! Better is clearly a matter of opinion because I thought they were shite. Lol :D
I'm not disagreeing at all, but I can re-train my fingers when the time comes. :)
darthspudius: The Witchery 2 game pad controls were sooo clunky! Better is clearly a matter of opinion because I thought they were shite. Lol :D
JDelekto: I'm not disagreeing at all, but I can re-train my fingers when the time comes. :)
I bet the girlfriend loves you...
Niteris: This is why every PC gamer gets jokes made about them being "elitist".
Hrm, and here I thought it was because us PC Gamers are elite. PC Master Race!
:)
JDelekto: I'm not being elitist, I'm just saying that I'd rather have control over my gaming rig than someone handing me my own opinion.

Niteris: But you weren't "just saying I'd rather have control over my gaming rig", you said:
Niteris: You were talking about literally every gamer ever to have played a game.
Some games are just meant to be played on controller, other just player better on a control. Same thing with a keyboard. There's no one strict control scheme for all the games ever made, it varies from game to game.

E.g. For me it made more sense to play The Witcher 2 on a gamepad, but I played Mount and Blade on a keyboard because the controls felt better.

It would be silly to go play something like Metroid on a keyboard. You can't dictate one method of control you prefer and say that everyone else who prefers differently is bad, that is being elitist. Simply saying you prefer keyboard over a gamepad isn't, but you didn't say that, you said it the elitist way.

This is why every PC gamer gets jokes made about them being "elitist".
I think your reply was well thought out, intelligent and addressed it in quite a good manner. I agree with you, if I sounded 'elitist', I apologize.

The first game I ever played was *pong* on a device which had a couple knobs, I was lucky enough later to play a game with joysticks (not sure how they came up with that name) a Magnavox Oddysey. I played Atari games later in life and it wasn't until my Mother got a TI-99/4a and all the trimmings at a Sears fire sale.

I started off with a keyboard, I ended up with a keyboard and I do have a gamepad, but I seldom use it. There are times when it comes in handy.
JDelekto: I started off with a keyboard, I ended up with a keyboard and I do have a gamepad, but I seldom use it. There are times when it comes in handy.
Yup, I've got 2 gamepads which I rarely use. Very handy for Mortal Kombat, Trine and a small handful of other arcade-style or console-style games new or old where a keyboard not only can feel awkward but keyboard ghosting can cause problems sometimes.
JDelekto: I'm not disagreeing at all, but I can re-train my fingers when the time comes. :)
darthspudius: I bet the girlfriend loves you...
Haha, wife of over 24 years now, and she gets to enjoy all the moments we spend together.
JDelekto: I started off with a keyboard, I ended up with a keyboard and I do have a gamepad, but I seldom use it. There are times when it comes in handy.
skeletonbow: Yup, I've got 2 gamepads which I rarely use. Very handy for Mortal Kombat, Trine and a small handful of other arcade-style or console-style games new or old where a keyboard not only can feel awkward but keyboard ghosting can cause problems sometimes.
I have two gamepads I got by the way of my Ouya (which was a really cool idea for an inexpensive gaming platform), and surprisingly, they're recognized by my PC Bluetooth controller. So, at least I have an option if the game allows it.

Again, I agree, the "console" game controls are more than adequate for some games; however, there are games where a bit more control is required. (Sometimes the "three fingered salute").
Post edited May 17, 2015 by JDelekto

Stop being elitist.
How were they clunky? They felt pretty tight to me (phrasing). Was this on the "original" or EE version?

Speaking of EE, who thinks The Witcher 3 is going to get an Enhanced Version in like, 2 years?
Already playing it on Xbox One and its freaking awesome ! :)
skeletonbow: Yup, I've got 2 gamepads which I rarely use. Very handy for Mortal Kombat, Trine and a small handful of other arcade-style or console-style games new or old where a keyboard not only can feel awkward but keyboard ghosting can cause problems sometimes.
I completed Resident Evil 4 three times using keyboard only. Keyboard, Carl!
RudyLis: I completed Resident Evil 4 three times using keyboard only. Keyboard, Carl!
I know of the game series and watched all the movies, but have never seen nor played any of the Resident Evil games so not sure what the genre and style is like. I always use keyboard+mouse by default though and only if a game is a platformer type game or some other arcade style type game like a more advanced version of something I'd have played with a Joystick on a Commodore 64 or an NES or similar do I contemplate possibly trying the gamepad although some of those are perfectly comfortable on a keyboard too. Any emulator games like MAME or similar I'd use a gamepad for likely, as well as martial arts fighting type games. The thing is though - I rarely ever play such games as they're kind of outside my preferred genre types usually. :) I do step outside of my normal comfort zone on occasion though and find something I can enjoy to some degree.

I just won Deadlight on Steamgifts the other day and tried it out last night using the keyboard+mouse. It's a 2D style platformer using the 3D Unreal engine and it looks pretty nice. After playing for a while with the keyboard I started to realize that this particular title most likely would do better on a gamepad so I'll probably switch to that next time I fire it up. :) I can't imagine playing FPS and most TPP games or any RPGs or RTS or 4X games with a gamepad though that would be crazysauce. :)
Almost time!!!! Can't Wait.
Niteris: How were they clunky? They felt pretty tight to me (phrasing). Was this on the "original" or EE version?

Speaking of EE, who thinks The Witcher 3 is going to get an Enhanced Version in like, 2 years?
The button layout was simply uncomfortable and made little sense compared to the keyboard layout.