It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The free <span class="bold">Shadwen Demo</span>, where you can try out your silent killing techniques in a bleak medieval environment, is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Time stands still, as Shadwen lurks behind a dark corner, wishing that the little girl cowering beside her didn't have to witness the brutal scene that is about to unfold. But maybe she won't. Perhaps there is another way to get past these guards, climb on that scaffold and continue on her mission to assassinate the king. Before you take any action time stands still, allowing you to change plans on the spot and even rewind failed attempts. Killing might not be necessary, as long as Shadwen manages to stay hidden.

In anticipation of the stealth-action game, where you move freely among the shadows of a gritty medieval setting, developers Frozenbyte are releasing the <span class="bold">Shadwen Demo</span> and GOG.com is jumping in on the action! You will have the opportunity to sample Shadwen's light-footed scaling and stealth-assassination mechanics in a fully-playable area of the game and win awesome prizes in the process. The demo will be available on our store between February 24th and February 29th but, once added, you will be able to access it from your GOG.com library forever. All individual scores of those playing the demo will contribute to a global community score; the higher the global tally, the lower Shadwen's launch price will be. Head <span class="bold">here</span> for more details.

GOG.com CONTEST
We decided to do something extra for all the GOGers out there who want to try the free demo, so we are launching our own parallel contest where you must lunge #fromtheshadows for a chance to win awesome Shadwen swag!

The basics:
—Grab the <span class="bold">Shadwen Demo</span> and reach the end of the level without raising alarms, suspicions, or your blade against the guards. Staying hidden earns you more points.
—Screenshot the stat screen: Complete the demo level scoring as many points as you can, then post the image(s) below or tweet them at <span class="bold">twitter/GOGcom</span> with the "#fromtheshadows @GOGcom" tags.
—Grab sweet swag: The 10 highest-scoring assassins will get a Shadwen t-shirt and a free copy of Shadwen, courtesy of Frozenbyte. In case more than 10 entries are tied for the top spots, their submissions will enter a raffle.

So put on your soft leather gloves, don your darkness-colored robes, and exercise your rope-throwing: unsung glory and awesome prizes await!
The event will last until February 29th. Winners will be announced in the forums soon afterwards.

Contest Winners Announced!
The winners are in!

Due to an in-game bug making it impossible to do an undetected + no kill run worth 1600 points, there was a bit of confusion about eligible entries. To make things fair, we considered both the never-detected runs (1100 points) and kill-everyone runs (1110 points) to be eligible for the grand prizes — but with no more than one entry per person.

Since there were more than 10 eligible entries, we ran a raffle powered by the random number generator at random.org

And the winners are:
RabidGears
Goatbrush
w0lf1k
LiefLayer
Sablelune
Aningan
Aceso
Pixelion
GothaBlutauge
@Asaldar_

Thanks for playing Shadwen on GOG! We'll be reaching out to the winners individually to get your T-Shirt sizes and addresses. In the meantime... stay hidden, friends.
phaolo: The devs should giveaway another copy just for the pacifist route, because that was the main objective and it was bugged :\
it was not bugged, in this demo you can make 1100 points without kill anyone, you just cannot make a 1600 points run, but it was not a bug they said the demo can only perform 1100 points with pacifist run...
I think lots of people just post here both pacifist (1100) and kill everyone (1110) run because it was just really easy to do both.

Anyway I think they will just choose 10 people of the 1110 run on GOG (twitter + forum) + frozenbyte will choose some people for the general event (social).

1110 points with killing guards because it's the best score you can get (they say "without raising alarms, suspicions, or your blade against the guards" I know but they also say "The 10 highest-scoring assassins").

Like many people I had also post both pacifist and killing everyone, both here and on twitter, so for me it's the same.
Post edited March 01, 2016 by LiefLayer
According to the news post, the objective of this contest is to "(...) reach the end of the level without raising alarms, suspicions, or your blade against the guards."

This is impossible to do.

Even if you go the pacifist route (let's disregard for the moment the fact that this would net you less points than the maximum amount obtainable (1100 vs. 1110)), you do not fulfill this objective. You do not raise alarms and you do not use your blade, but you DO have to raise suspicions, making the guards cautious and thus getting detected.

However, if you kill everyone you also fulfill two of the three objectives (no alarms, no suspicions, even though you have to use your blade), but in addition you also get more points. So logically, since it was impossible to fulfill all of the stated conditions in a single run, it makes more sense to take into account those submissions which fulfill the largest number of them simultaneously. Which - paradoxically - favors the people who went for the "kill everyone" route (no alarm, no suspicions, highest amount of points) vs. "pacifist" route (no alarm, no blade).
Post edited March 01, 2016 by Serpico
Serpico: According to the news post, the objective of this contest is to "(...) reach the end of the level without raising alarms, suspicions, or your blade against the guards."

This is impossible to do.
True.
The basics says:
"—Grab the Shadwen Demo and reach the end of the level without raising alarms, suspicions, or your blade against the guards. Staying hidden earns you more points."
That is impossible (at the same time). So we look at second basic rule:
"—Screenshot the stat screen: Complete the demo level scoring as many points as you can, then post the image(s) below or tweet them at twitter/GOGcom with the "#fromtheshadows @GOGcom" tags. "

... and third:
"—Grab sweet swag: The 10 highest-scoring assassins will get a Shadwen t-shirt and a free copy of Shadwen, courtesy of Frozenbyte. In case more than 10 entries are tied for the top spots, their submissions will enter a raffle."

That why I (and others) choose kill all way - because of more (1110) scores (higher than 1100).
1110 is the highest score (my 1600 not for contest because of cheating), so people choose bloody way for the contest.

Simple.
https://twitter.com/ShadwenGame/status/704699777649401857

winner of general contest are on that tweet....
now we only wait for Gog winners.
LiefLayer: https://twitter.com/ShadwenGame/status/704699777649401857

winner of general contest are on that tweet....
now we only wait for Gog winners.
I'm waiting for the game to become buyable too.
The demo was interesting, just Lily stucked twice for some reason. Once under the bush near the end..
Out of curiosity, does game work with pad on linux?
Well I am curious who has won. :)
Senteria: Well I am curious who has won. :)
Yeah, really weird that they still haven't announced it.
Senteria: Well I am curious who has won. :)
omega64: Yeah, really weird that they still haven't announced it.
We're slowly but surely going through the entires. If no one has beaten 1100 (if that's even possible), it looks like we'll have a raffle on our hands. Stay tuned!
omega64: Yeah, really weird that they still haven't announced it.
Konrad: We're slowly but surely going through the entires. If no one has beaten 1100 (if that's even possible), it looks like we'll have a raffle on our hands. Stay tuned!
Thank you for the info.
Konrad: We're slowly but surely going through the entires. If no one has beaten 1100 (if that's even possible), it looks like we'll have a raffle on our hands. Stay tuned!
Are you sure about this? Plenty of people got 1110 screenshots, it was possible with "kill everyone" approach. Unless that is against the terms of the contest. But then if you take all the conditions literally, you have impossible contest - no-detect no-kill indeed was impossible, best I saw was 23x detect. Anyway... just ranting, thanks for the info, I'll see what you come up with.
Oh oops. I got 1100 initially but deleted that screenshot when I uploaded my new highest score of 1110. Guess that disqualifies me, misunderstood the rules if that's the case. >:

Best of luck to everyone anyways.
why 1100, the highest is 1110.
it's not possible to make a no kill + no detection run (that would be 1600 points), but you can make a no detection + kill everyone that is 1110 points... the 1100 run is the no kill run, but it's 10 points less than kill everyone + no detection.

Anyway many people here made both 1110 and 1100 points run.
WOW, I scored 400, I won a punch in my face. But how GOG can know if people didn't cheat? I mean, I saw a lot of 1100 screens around, what prevents me to just attach my screen here and call the day even if that score was posted by another person?
Is there a way to identify cheaters?
huan: Are you sure about this? Plenty of people got 1110 screenshots, it was possible with "kill everyone" approach. Unless that is against the terms of the contest. But then if you take all the conditions literally, you have impossible contest - no-detect no-kill indeed was impossible, best I saw was 23x detect. Anyway... just ranting, thanks for the info, I'll see what you come up with.
Goatbrush: Oh oops. I got 1100 initially but deleted that screenshot when I uploaded my new highest score of 1110. Guess that disqualifies me, misunderstood the rules if that's the case. >:
LiefLayer: why 1100, the highest is 1110.
it's not possible to make a no kill + no detection run (that would be 1600 points), but you can make a no detection + kill everyone that is 1110 points... the 1100 run is the no kill run, but it's 10 points less than kill everyone + no detection.

Anyway many people here made both 1110 and 1100 points run.
Shoot, sorry. An unfortunate typo. You guys are right - 1110 seems to be the highest score that's been achieved so far.