It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
Vythonaut: Welcome Paradox, it's nice to have your quality games here at last! :)
GhostwriterDoF: Indeed, it is inspiring to see publishers and developers breaking the DRM chains of debilitation...

Welcome Paradox Interactive, to DRM-Freedom!
Let's see some of these publishers (Paradox and WB) start putting some of the newer titles that have DRM already up on here before we give pats on the back. I'm talking about Shadow of Mordor, EU4, etc. Most of this stuff has already been DRM-Free elsewhere.
Post edited February 17, 2015 by synfresh
I've been waiting for this partnership for years! My only regret now is blowing $45 on the Victoria series bundle on steam
Finally GOG. Thank you. You should look into getting Pride of Nations also. Like Victoria but IMO better.
mistermumbles: I'm not expecting GOG to be able to keep up that momentum.
JudasIscariot: Well, we aren't finished :D
Good grief, how can you possibly NOT be finished?? My wallet really could be knocked over by a stiff breeze at any point now...
I'm looking forward to this Thursday...
Emob78: Hopefully when they get around to doing CK III they'll let GOG put up CK II.
That sounds bad, although I see your point. I hope you're proven wrong on that and we come to see CK II soon! ;)
I'm hardly having enough time to breathe with all these new publishers, this year GOG is on a roll. =)
Bloodygoodgames: Oh my F*CKING God :)

These are the games I've been dying to see on GOG. I own all of them on Gamersgate but they're a pain in the ASS as, with their wonky download service, you can't move them around in different folders too easily or they become unplayable.

I am SO happy about this you have no idea :)

Ecstatic in fact.
Ah a fellow GG ? i signed up last year around end of october i think, after reading info about GG in some posts on GOG.

I joined for the (old) casual games DRM free of course
one match3 that unfortunately required securom was puzzlequest 2
i had pQ 1 on retail cd so i assumed PQ2 would also be drm free .... well it was not...
ah that single game doesnt hurt, but i dont intend to make a habit of buying games with a form of DRM :D

GG has lots of small problems and bugs, delayed times when users have to wait too long before they get help or keys and thats a bit sad...
Sometimes a game has a demo, but these are very few and mostly for older games or games that....... well are of low quality and list priced at 1 or 2 bucks :D

One very nice game (based on styx) is fortix 1 and 2 (i own these both on steam and GG cause the games had GPU issues, the code was bad and heated up the gpu way to much so the steam got a fix so i had to buy the steam game in order to play the game, while i intended to buy it drm free at GG, GG was informed but.... well if a game has issues, or bugs its up 2 the user to see and try to get a fix all by themselves and thats a bit sad.

Plus once you buy a game it is not refundable unless its incomplete, well i had an incomplete game no sounds no music and partial english translation
when i proved that (i showed them the setup files infor text that showed there should be music and sound folders but there weren't and also no sound, they gave a refund for the incomplete game with the amount in BLC right away
So that went fast, but usually the (paid)staff is not that fast, i think they have a shortage off (paid) personel, the volunteers do good job and faster then the paid guys, but its to frusty and hectic at GG, so i have to complain a lot there.
We simply missed lots of (hourly) deals because the cart messed up...especially in 2014 last months
it was a mess, ofcourse all these glitches were client sided (my side) but since i never had any problems elswhere i knew it was theirs.

Finally i still think ist sad that GG has mainly become a kind of 'errand boy' cause 1/3 is steam what they offer, 1/3 is other drm so thats sad, really sad...
Post edited February 17, 2015 by gamesfreak64
Welcome, friends.
mistermumbles: I'm not expecting GOG to be able to keep up that momentum.
Posts like this are killing me. :)
GhostwriterDoF: Indeed, it is inspiring to see publishers and developers breaking the DRM chains of debilitation...

Welcome Paradox Interactive, to DRM-Freedom!
synfresh: Let's see some of these publishers (Paradox and WB) start putting some of the newer titles that have DRM already up on here before we give pats on the back. I'm talking about Shadow of Mordor, EU4, etc. Most of this stuff has already been DRM-Free elsewhere.
Well, joining GoG is a small yet significant step, since this is an exclusively DRM-Free site.

Developers and Publishers have been hoodwinked by the DRM software developers into believing that they will be protected from piracy and lost revenue, which is a fallacy, since it does neither (as there is no lost revenue in piracy unless someone is actually selling illegal copies of content) and yet they have to pay for the rights to integrate the DRM, a cost which is passed on to consumers.

It seems to be that people are getting wise to the fact that the only people who benefit from DRM are the DRM developers. That in itself deserves some "pats on the back", as it were... ;)
animalmother2105: Posts like this are killing me. :)
so theres loads of more good games to come ?:D
i hope so cause since theres almost nothin that i dont already have on GG, (casuals)so that leaves the cash to spend here, i got some extra psc because WOW a 10th anniversary on GG, i thought WOW that be okay, cause on GOG it was terrific, but hell no, the anniv is bad.... only steam shit, some users could not get a certain deal because of error on GG... so i am a bit disappointed about GG.

I did know that GG was on the return , i read here that they arent up to what the seem to be in the past, so i guess i missed the glory time of GG...
What the--? I keep expecting new games and you throw in new games and publishers. Three in a short period of time now!

What did you do (or didn't do?) to get them all lined up like this?
synfresh: Let's see some of these publishers (Paradox and WB) start putting some of the newer titles that have DRM already up on here before we give pats on the back. I'm talking about Shadow of Mordor, EU4, etc. Most of this stuff has already been DRM-Free elsewhere.
GhostwriterDoF: Well, joining GoG is a small yet significant step, since this is an exclusively DRM-Free site.

Developers and Publishers have been hoodwinked by the DRM software developers into believing that they will be protected from piracy and lost revenue, which is a fallacy, since it does neither (as there is no lost revenue in piracy unless someone is actually selling illegal copies of content) and yet they have to pay for the rights to integrate the DRM, a cost which is passed on to consumers.

It seems to be that people are getting wise to the fact that the only people who benefit from DRM are the DRM developers. That in itself deserves some "pats on the back", as it were... ;)
exactly these guys always think like the movie bossess that each movie that was pirated or obtained elsewhere would also have been actually sold, so they claim to have missed out on billions.

They cant assume that all that has been viewed illegaly would have been actually sold, and thats the biggest misunderstanding they have.

If people really like a movie they buy it anyway, same goes for audio and games :D
i own lots of dvd and movies on dvd all retail
same goes for games
i dont visit the movies, i just wait till a movie comes out on dvd.
entux: any chances we get the linux versions too?
It seems that only their latter games support Linux. :-(
I may wait a bit to see if they'll show up.

I'm glad that Paradox decided to test the waters at GOG lake. I hope they'll find them pleasant. I can now strike another publisher from my wishlist.
Now, if only The Creative Assembly would follow...