It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A simulator so realistic it stinks of gunk… Farmer's Life is out of early access and available on GOG in its full glory!

Farmer's Life is the first simulator to show the real, sometimes dark, rural life. You will lead the life of Kazimierz - bachelor, and alcoholic. Help him become an exemplary farmer, start a family, take care of the farm or watch him roll to the very bottom. In addition, don't forget that life in the countryside has its own rules. Your daily rhythm and work are determined by many factors - such as weather conditions, seasons, and the resources you manage.
Sow, look after the flock, and protect the farm from uninvited guests. Learn from your mistakes and monitor your progress as each day on the farm may be your last.

Check it out!
This is a game that is defintely for someone.

I am not that audience. I like my farm life cozy.

But the great thing about gaming and indie gaming is that there is something out there for everyone, and this definitely looks like it is there for certain people looking for a certain experience.

It feels like Rune Factory, but isntead of Japanese Anime, the aesthetic is South Park.
I just wonder who buys these things. I guess someone must otherwise these weird sims would not keep getting made.
is this game good? And how much of a joke game it is? I mean there's a fistfight, moonshine brewing, and a tank in the screenshots :D

also does it have like stories or quests or is it only a DIY polish farm?
Was it necessary to make the protagonist alcoholic? :/
Is the protagonist alcoholic because the game wants to show darker sides, and the game contains more of these, or is this a 'fun' game playing with stereotypes? If it's the former, I am interested.
Can we talk about this video (from the store page)?

Perhaps, my mind is warped, but... that inebriated farmer looks as though he wants something from that unsuspecting hog. (*o*)
That's a hilarious idea for a game! Judging by the screenshots and gifs, it looks like a 100% realistic old Polish farm, and I'm sure some of our neighbours could relate as well :)
Zoidberg: Was it necessary to make the protagonist alcoholic? :/
In Eastern-Europe, farmers ARE alcoholics...all that Slivovitz, Vodka, Mastika, Rakija, Pelinkovac, etc. hasn't been invented for nothing.

;-)

(and - going by personal experience with some of them - I'm pretty sure, their Western-European/German counterparts aren't exactly teetotalers either)
...I think I'll stick with Stardew Valley, and wait for the update where you can put hats on cats.

Because yeah, this looks like Slavic Misery Simulator.
Post edited October 20, 2023 by Darvond
I dunno, man, judging by the screenshots, perhaps we shouldn't make fun of a protagonist that has the ability to grow decrepit artillery tanks in the fields, create a bag of holding inside farmyard animals, and call down the power of Almighty Thor to help him awkwardly slap a chicken in the throat with the flat non-lethal side of an axe. He might be taking the whole non-sobriety thing a BIT too seriously... We should let him and his pig drink their alcohol in peace.
Zoidberg: Was it necessary to make the protagonist alcoholic? :/
BreOl72: In Eastern-Europe, farmers ARE alcoholics...all that Slivovitz, Vodka, Mastika, Rakija, Pelinkovac, etc. hasn't been invented for nothing.

;-)

(and - going by personal experience with some of them - I'm pretty sure, their Western-European/German counterparts aren't exactly teetotalers either)
Yeah just like every german is a nazi, right?

Gosh I wish we could still report such hideous post or at least hide them...

Yeah and very problematic game selection, gog staff...
Post edited October 21, 2023 by Zoidberg
Palestine: Can we talk about this video (from the store page)?

Perhaps, my mind is warped, but... that inebriated farmer looks as though he wants something from that unsuspecting hog. (*o*)
Yeah, it does look like he's got a different idea of "Makin' bacon" in mind then the normal farmer/butcher.
GOG.com: A simulator so realistic it stinks of gunk… Farmer's Life is out of early access and available on GOG in its full glory!
Does it have a " farmer's wife " update ? =)
Palestine: Can we talk about this video (from the store page)?

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1137750/ss_205dc2d7bdf3635e7747f66e0ac9e65e42750e81.1920x1080.jpg
Post edited October 21, 2023 by I feel so tired
BreOl72: In Eastern-Europe, farmers ARE alcoholics...all that Slivovitz, Vodka, Mastika, Rakija, Pelinkovac, etc. hasn't been invented for nothing.

;-)

Zoidberg: Yeah just like every german is a nazi, right?
If that's YOUR take on things...

Zoidberg: Gosh I wish we could still report such hideous post [...]
You still can: feel free to do it.