It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: I just commented the youtube video probably everybody has seen by now as follows:

"While I do thank you for telling people about my support thread and even offering Linko90 a job I would love to make perfectly clear that I never stated in my thread that he has been fired. It's stated clearly that it was an assumption based on the facts I had at this time. The thread was meant to support Linko90 and to help GOG see how important Linko90 is so that they either do the right thing or, if they should have decided already. reconsider their decision. There's a reason my thread is not called the GOG hate thread and it is unfortunate that several people now use my thread as an opportunity to rage against the so called SJW and GOG which will probably soon be the cause of a thread to be closed that was meant well to help a person I like. I know that you guys probably also mean well but swearing and threatening with boycotts or raging against SJW on GOG is just not the correct way if you really want to help. Express your support for Linko and ask GOG friendly to bring him back or tell us what exactly happened. Stay friendly - rage NEVER helped. Thank you. "

Please guys, remember what this is all about.
Sure. In my comment I actually stated that I love GOG (even though I'm quite a new guy here) and want all the best for this company. Simply trying to express my concern - nothing more. Thanks for the thread, btw.
high rated
I'm not active on the forums, but I've been a member of GoG for a long time. This thread was worth chipping a post into, even if it's just a glorified "+1"

"Gamers" in general have had a long and proud history of standing up to moral busybodies trying to meddle in their hobby, no matter what political or religious stripe they're from.

The last few years in particular have been fascinating to watch as newer, more perfidious threats appear in an attempt to strongarm what should be a pastime into yet another tool with which to shape culture to their own liking. The odd thing is that, despite how successful people within the community have been at seeing off this threat, game companies themselves still tremble in fear of them.

So with all this said, stop behaving in such a silly fashion, GoG. I refuse to believe you're this spineless. If this is about a fear of losing money over some faux moral outrage, then perhaps it's also worth considering how much money you'd lose from purchases that might have otherwise been made by actual members of your community whom feel disgusted with your kowtowing to the faux moral outrage
GOG, you became my main vidya platform because of your gamer-friendly philosophy.

If you give in to political correctness, which is as anti-gamer as it can get, you will no longer be more ethical than my former way of getting vidya.

Please rethink your principles and stop this nonsense.
dvdboatright: Displeased you fire people to please SJWs who play nothing but Candy Crush.
tinyE: Right now I'm playing Dragon Age Origins and Project Zomboid.

The new weather effects are nice.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE CLOSE THIS THING!!!!!

I've seen more rational posting in InfoWars threads!
You don't like this thread because it shows support for someone who disregarded twitter punditry, so you petulantly demand it be shut down, in typical SJW fashion assuming arbitrarily the role of adjudicator of what is and isn't "valid". This is precisely the type of thing we are here to discuss in connection to the media outrage over LInko's comments. It is very "on topic".

And you, Mr. @Braggadar I thihk should not threaten to keelhaul that which you have no power to keelhaul.
I already said it in this thread, but seeing how people here are trying to show HereForTheBeer how s/he's wrong and why Linko did nothing wrong at all, I'll repeat it once more.

Read again what HereForTheBeer wrote:
HereForTheBeer: Folks, it isn't about SJWs and snowflakes and such. It's about professional incompetence in a Public Relations position for a retail outlet.
[...]
The point is, if the PR people do their job right in the first place then they won't lose sales from either side, because with good PR efforts, stuff like this does not happen in the first place.
That's the essence of the post and not "Linko posted something offensive". Honestly... Everyone knows how "SJWs" (or whatever you want to call those Twitter-radicals) will react to anything that's not 100% supportive of their cause. And yes, you're right, the tweet wasn't against their cause or offensive in any way. But it wasn't supportive either. And nowadays that's enough to cause a shitstorm. It's a PR guy's job to know this. Heck, everyone knows that.

Linko should've known how this will end. Even I would've known it and I don't use any Twitter and still have no idea how "social justice", gaming journalism and gamers (in general) are connected... Why would gamers be against LGBTQ- and women's rights? And why would game journalists be against gamers? WTF?!? I don't get it! But even though I don't get it, I'm perfectly aware that there's some kind of an insane internet crusade going on! As a PR dude of a gaming store, I wouldn't touch anything that's related to it. Especially not the hashtag of a group that obviously hates gamers and the gaming industry! That was clearly a mistake. And knowing how heated this whole topic still is after all those years, it IS a PR fail.

Again: Using some good old common sense, I don't think that someone should be fired over this crap. Kicking people out of their jobs because an internet hate mob demands it is absolutely despicable! Instead they should've told Linko to stay out of anything that's (clearly) related to SJWs, GamerGate or any other group that's involved in this online war. Then they could've apologized for using that hashtag. AND make clear that it wasn't offensive in any way (wasn't - not "wasn't meant") and find some nice words to translate "Our only fault was to be stupid enough to step into this minefield" into PR language.

Yes, Linko made a mistake. But (if we put everything back into proportion) it was only a small one. The bigger mistake is on GOG's side. Firing an employee over a non-issue (using a hashtag that means something else is kinda stupid, but a very common thing to do nowadays), just because the we're-blowing-things-out-of-proportion-warrioirs demanded it, only gave a group that shouldn't exist even more significance. They're internet trolls who found a way to affect peoples real lives. What they do doesn't help the cause they're supposedly fighting for. The world needs to wake up and show these punks what they are: nothing. Firing people because they demand it is the exact wrong way.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by real.geizterfahr
Reaps: I'm not active on the forums, but I've been a member of GoG for a long time. This thread was worth chipping a post into, even if it's just a glorified "+1"

"Gamers" in general have had a long and proud history of standing up to moral busybodies trying to meddle in their hobby, no matter what political or religious stripe they're from.

The last few years in particular have been fascinating to watch as newer, more perfidious threats appear in an attempt to strongarm what should be a pastime into yet another tool with which to shape culture to their own liking. The odd thing is that, despite how successful people within the community have been at seeing off this threat, game companies themselves still tremble in fear of them.

So with all this said, stop behaving in such a silly fashion, GoG. I refuse to believe you're this spineless. If this is about a fear of losing money over some faux moral outrage, then perhaps it's also worth considering how much money you'd lose from purchases that might have otherwise been made by actual members of your community whom feel disgusted with your kowtowing to the faux moral outrage
NIcely put, dude
Post edited November 08, 2018 by KPogorelov
low rated
GOG i CD Projekt nie powinien się uginać pod presją dziennikarzyn i napuszczonego przez nich mentalnie chorego motłochu. SJW czy rozhisteryzowane lgbtxyzabc... nie kupują gier, nie są konsumentami, więc należy ich ignorować.
tinyE: AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD SOMEONE CLOSE THIS THING!!!!!
MarkoH01: I would rather want to keep it on the intended track than closing it.
I agree with tinyE, my reasons being that GOG shouldn't allow their forums to be transformed into another turf for these sort of people to voice their extremism.

Unfortunately, the Rat-Catcher of Hamelin has played his magic flute and we're now covered in verminous commentary out of the blue. I don't know about you guys but I can't seem to find any support in these voices, no debate and no constructivism, just complains, threats, and no will to exchange opinions because theirs is absolute.

The fact that we have to raise this point and can't ignore it is unfortunate, the fact that's already spreading like a holy crusade it's concerning. If this keeps up I'm going to delete my GOG account! (lol, just kidding).
real.geizterfahr: Linko should've known how this will end.
Totally not buying that.

That's like blaming the kid who got beaten up by some bullies because everybody knows what bullies do when you don't give them your lunch money.

The thing is, PC activists love to meddle in other people's businesses. They are not an unsentient force of nature that we are forced to be submissive to. They are people, and thus liable for their actions. When they do something right, we should praise them. When they cross the line and do something wrong, as bully Linko90 out of nothing, we should take a stance against them and support the guy.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by Hollyhock
Well, you cannot say I did not try to keep this unpolitical, civil and friendly. Seing however how this thread has evolved into a political debate makes it clear - even for me - that it's unlikely to keep it on topic, civil and therefore open much longer.So before it wil be closed for good I want to take the opportunity to thank everybody here who tried to keep this thread alive as long as possible and who expressed support for Linko here.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Well, you cannot say I did not try to keep this unpolitical, civil and friendly. Seing however how this thread has evolved into a political debate makes it clear - even for me - that it's unlikely to keep it on topic, civil and therefore open much longer.So before it wil be closed for good I want to take the opportunity to thank everybody here who tried to keep this thread alive as long as possible and who expressed support for Linko here.
Thank you for making the thread and your attempts to keep it on track.
I think having it put down is probably the right call.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by SirPrimalform
Thanks for the thread and your continued efforts in these forums to keep/make it a nice place, Marko.

I'd have liked to contribute at one point, but by the time I would've been able to, it had unfortunately already turned into the political debate that you explicitly asked to not turn it into.

Such a shame we cannot seem to respect an OP's wishes around here anymore. I hope that will change in the future.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by skimmie
Reaps: I'm not active on the forums, but I've been a member of GoG for a long time. This thread was worth chipping a post into, even if it's just a glorified "+1"

Well said.

As another long-time customer, this is the most I've ever used these forums, but that's exactly how it is, we vote with our wallets. When we are quiet, it doesn't mean we like it.
real.geizterfahr: Linko should've known how this will end.
Hollyhock: Totally not buying that.

That's like blaming the kid who got beaten up by some bullies because everybody knows what bullies do when you don't give them your lunch money.
No, it's not. And your comparison is kinda stupid. Everyone knows how these Twitter ***** tick. As a private person, you can use that knowledge to have some fun with them (saying harmless things, waiting for their reaction and then point out how stupid their predictable reaction is). But as the paid PR person of a company, you should simple stay away from them.

Again: From a common sense point of view Linko did nothing wrong. But so-called SJWs and common sense don't go together very well. Their reaction was predictable and thus it wasn't smart to use that hashtag.

Hollyhock: The thing is, PC activists love to meddle in other people's businesses. They are not an unsentient force of nature that we are forced to be submissive to. They are people, and thus liable for their actions. When they do something right, we should praise them. When they cross the line and do something wrong, as bully Linko90 out of nothing, we should take a stance against them and support the guy.
That's exactly what I said when I wrote
real.geizterfahr: The bigger mistake is on GOG's side. Firing an employee over a non-issue (using a hashtag that means something else is kinda stupid, but a very common thing to do nowadays), just because the we're-blowing-things-out-of-proportion-warrioirs demanded it, only gave a group that shouldn't exist even more significance. They're internet trolls who found a way to affect peoples real lives. What they do doesn't help the cause they're supposedly fighting for. The world needs to wake up and show these punks what they are: nothing. Firing people because they demand it is the exact wrong way.
*Moded. Please refrain from using derogatory terms.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by chandra
MarkoH01: I would rather want to keep it on the intended track than closing it.
Punington: I agree with tinyE, my reasons being that GOG shouldn't allow their forums to be transformed into another turf for these sort of people to voice their extremism.
Most of "these sort of people" are merely expressing dissatisfaction with GOG. If you think that's "extremism" then I think the problem is on your end and you're one of "those sort of people" that insist on making *your* problems everyone else's problems.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by richlind33