It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: IIRC, the standalone installer of the game was pre-bundled with GOG Galaxy at the time, with no option to install only the game but not he client. And if memory serves right, there was some discussion in the "What did just update" thread around "has it been removed now?" a while later. Though I may be remembering this wrong, i.e. it being about a different game.
Klumpen0815: Well, has it been removed now?
Yes, it was removed more than 2 years ago.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post8117
and
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post8122

edit: What the..? The second link loads post 8127 instead of 8122, even though the link URL is for post 8122. Forum bug?
Post edited June 03, 2017 by DoctorGOGgles
DoctorGOGgles: edit: What the..? The second link loads post 8127 instead of 8122, even though the link URL is for post 8122. Forum bug?
Works fine for me.
XYCat: So you actually had to download it and install it yourself and GOG actually informed you about it?
HypersomniacLive: IIRC, the standalone installer of the game was pre-bundled with GOG Galaxy at the time, with no option to install only the game but not he client. And if memory serves right, there was some discussion in the "What did just update" thread around "has it been removed now?" a while later. Though I may be remembering this wrong, i.e. it being about a different game.
The game was given away to test galaxy's multiplayer features. I'm pretty sure noone was hiding the fact about galaxy installation.
high rated
XYCat: The game was given away to test galaxy's multiplayer features. I'm pretty sure noone was hiding the fact about galaxy installation.
GOG tells us that Galaxy is for people that don't understand how to download and install self-executing programs, like Galaxy. Are you implying that they're lying to us?
"The Good, the bad and the ugly" ... I like that. :)
Post edited June 04, 2017 by gamefood
XYCat: The game was given away to test galaxy's multiplayer features. I'm pretty sure noone was hiding the fact about galaxy installation.
richlind33: GOG tells us that Galaxy is for people that don't understand how to download and install self-executing programs, like Galaxy. Are you implying that they're lying to us?
The purpose of galaxy is irrelevant to the case of the Alien vs Predator 2000 classic giveaway coming with a galaxy installation because the giveaway was made in order to test out galaxy's multiplayer features, and that it supposedly installed itself without the user knowing about it or agreeing with it.

So since I wasn't even talking about what GOG tells us or doesn't tell us about galaxy's purpose or "target audience", I'm most likely not implying anything about it.
richlind33: GOG tells us that Galaxy is for people that don't understand how to download and install self-executing programs, like Galaxy. Are you implying that they're lying to us?
XYCat: The purpose of galaxy is irrelevant to the case of the Alien vs Predator 2000 classic giveaway coming with a galaxy installation because the giveaway was made in order to test out galaxy's multiplayer features, and that it supposedly installed itself without the user knowing about it or agreeing with it.

So since I wasn't even talking about what GOG tells us or doesn't tell us about galaxy's purpose or "target audience", I'm most likely not implying anything about it.
By GOG's own admission, Galaxy HAS to install itself irrespective of whether or not the customer is aware of it, because the average customer is that stupid.

I shit you not....

"fables22: As for the option being opted in as default - after careful consideration, we've decided to go with this because we believe that it's easier for an experienced user to uncheck the box than it would be for a new user to figure out how to turn the feature on."
OP

Too much intellectual activity wasted on this site.

There are games to be played

Things to be learned

Money to be made.

I do the Buddah VS Bucket of water thing: Use GOG when GOG is useful otherwise use Steam
high rated
carnival73: OP

Things to be learned

Money to be made.

I do the Buddah VS Bucket of water thing: Use GOG when GOG is useful otherwise use Steam
Yeah, if something's starting to break let it break, be destroyed and move on. Who cares if it's something you really liked? Who cares if maybe you could have changed it? And who cares if steam is not an alternative at all for everybody who despites DRM? That is the way you won't change anything that's wrong.
Post edited June 04, 2017 by MarkoH01
Miljac: I didn't mind grey site change, I don't love, but do understand the need for regional pricing, I don't mind galaxy but I do not like the way you are trying to 'force' it at all.
GameRager: A few questions concerning your post, if I may:

1. What grey site change? The coloring of the site or something else?
2. AFAIK GOG charges the same price for all/most games(albeit in the currency of one's country) on the site. Am I wrong or isn't that still the case here?
3. How is GOG forcing galaxy on people? Is is bundled with installers with no opt-out function to be had or what?
Hi GameRager, sorry, I didn't see your questions because I was not very active in the last few days. Some of them might be answered, but still, here are my answers

1. Yeah, site (mainly logo and navigation bar) used to have more green and yellow colours if I remember correctly. When they switched to gray pallet, people where not too happy about it, I didn't mind it
2. Most, maybe, but not all, some games are regionally priced with different prices for some regions, but if you end up paying more then the US price, you get the difference on your GOG balance if I am not mistaking.
3. It is not actually forcing it on anyone, you can always opt out. But if you forget to opt out, galaxy will install itself, that's why I've putted the word force under quotes
Post edited June 04, 2017 by Miljac
carnival73: OP

Things to be learned

Money to be made.

MarkoH01: Yeah, if something's starting to break let it break, be destroyed and move on. Who cares if it's something you really liked? Who cares if maybe you could have changed it? And who cares if steam is not an alternative at all for everybody who despites DRM? That is the way you won't change anything that's wrong.
I agree with you but ironically my recent lessons in life is that things are going to be what they're going to be and most times effort to try and influence situations usually results in them getting worse - Kinda like the world says "Oh! So THAT'S what's pissing him off right now! Well then let's make it even worse!"

Don't get me wrong, I do review but I no longer invest long amounts of passionate time trying to 'fight the power.'
high rated
Miljac: 2. Most, maybe, but not all, some games are regionally priced with different prices for some regions...
"Some games" is unfortunately incorrect. Almost 100% of GOG's catalogue are regionally priced by now. Just a handful of games is still flat-priced (e.g. the Quake and the Doom games).
high rated
carnival73: I agree with you but ironically my recent lessons in life is that things are going to be what they're going to be and most times effort to try and influence situations usually results in them getting worse - Kinda like the world says "Oh! So THAT'S what's pissing him off right now! Well then let's make it even worse!"

Don't get me wrong, I do review but I no longer invest long amounts of passionate time trying to 'fight the power.'
The problem is simple. If you fight you'll have at least a chance to win. If you don't fight you already have lost.

Of course it's up to you if you want to invest precious time into a thing you really like. I'd say it depends on how much you really want this thing to be saved and how easy you can live with it going away. I do figtht quite often - writing e-mails, facebook messages and so on. Also I do have an 8+ hour work day and I am slo doing some translations for indie devs for free so not that much time on my hands... still I do think it's worth it because everytime I can at least say to myself that I tried everything I could. For me this is really important.
Miljac: 2. Most, maybe, but not all, some games are regionally priced with different prices for some regions...
PaterAlf: "Some games" is unfortunately incorrect. Almost 100% of GOG's catalogue are regionally priced by now. Just a handful of games is still flat-priced (e.g. the Quake and the Doom games).
Is there a possibility to search for those flat priced games?
Post edited June 05, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Is there a possibility to search for those flat priced games?
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=801&scp=gdsprio&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGHITSP0512348&ord=&flt=prn~aunzarclcomxpepruybrcadeitdkmtmcnlnosechgbczskplrorsruuauzpkcnhkinidjpmyphsasgzakrtwthtrae~pat~0.01~&opt=n&myf=MonJun51256362017_empty_ed9esg6v23r5p]MaGog[/url]

It comes up with 52 results, but half of them of them are games that were removed from the catalogue before the regional pricing took place. If I counted correctly there are currently 27 flat-priced catalogue entries at the moment.
MarkoH01: Is there a possibility to search for those flat priced games?
PaterAlf: [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=801&scp=gdsprio&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyzXhDFGHITSP0512348&ord=&flt=prn~aunzarclcomxpepruybrcadeitdkmtmcnlnosechgbczskplrorsruuauzpkcnhkinidjpmyphsasgzakrtwthtrae~pat~0.01~&opt=n&myf=MonJun51256362017_empty_ed9esg6v23r5p]MaGog[/url]

It comes up with 52 results, but half of them of them are games that were removed from the catalogue before the regional pricing took place. If I counted correctly there are currently 27 flat-priced catalogue entries at the moment.
Wow! That is a pretty bad result considering the fact that there once was a time were GOG completely was refusing regional pricing at all. I was expecting regional pricing for those special publishers who demanded it but this ... wow!
Post edited June 05, 2017 by MarkoH01