It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Thanks for bearing with us in this thread. We’d like to announce that today we’ve introduced the addition of new installers, with implemented GOG Galaxy client.

Like Destro described it back in May, we decided to separate the „new" and „classic” installers, for your choice. So if you don’t care about the features like achievements or cloud-saves and don’t want to use GOG Galaxy, you can download the „Classic Game Installer", just like it was handled before. For games that have new installers, the default download view on „My account” will show the "GOG Galaxy Game Installers" - you will notice that, as it is visibly described in „My account” game view. To download the „classic” ones, just go to „Options" and choose „Classic Installers”.

The new GOG Galaxy Game Installers were added to +100 games - a selection of all games that make use of GOG Galaxy features. I'll post the current list of games with the new installers in a separate post.
Going forward, all new games that will use GOG Galaxy features, will now receive both GOG Galaxy Game Installer and Classic Game Installer.

Introduction of GOG Galaxy Game Installers doesn’t change anything in terms of keeping the Classic Game Installers up to date. As soon as we receive an update for any game, we will prepare an updated version of the classic installer, just like it was done in the past.

Edit: Pinned.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by fables22
Now can everyone give fables22 some upvotes, pleeeease?! :P

(I bet they chose him to state this when he was the first to be eliminated in this game ;P

huehueheue
vicklemos: (I bet they chose him to state this when he was the first to be eliminated in this game ;P

huehueheue
her
As long as it doesn't force the installation, I don't care.
This still doesn't make much sense. Several users mentioned how this will lead to more work for your staff (updating, uploading and maintaining two "offline" installers) because you don't want to go back from the bundling idea.
What is so hard about that? How about a link to the Galaxy download page in the installer, which can be optionally clicked? Though this also wouldn't make much sense. The user must have missed all the Galaxy advertisement on your main website and in his library already. From a crooked business perspective I can see why you want everyone to install Galaxy but when you really put some thought into it...why include a program (or a link to it), whose features rely mostly on online activities (updating games, buying and so on) in offline installers. What?
high rated
Marioface5: My faith in GOG has been restored. Thank you for listening and compromising with us.
Mine isn't, I don't think GOG is going to maintain 2 different offline installers for the long term. I think GOG is just going to attempt to quietly discontinue the Galaxy-free offline installers at a later date after they think the uproar has died down.
Wurzelkraft: This still doesn't make much sense. Several users mentioned how this will lead to more work for your staff (updating, uploading and maintaining two "offline" installers) because you don't want to go back from the bundling idea.
>implying they plan to update the "legacy" installers
vicklemos: (I bet they chose him to state this when he was the first to be eliminated in this game ;P

huehueheue
ZFR: her
(this might get me in troubles)

DID YOU ASSUME HIS/HER/APACHE HELICOPTER GENDER?!

;)

Kiddin' pal.

@fables22: it's all transitory my friend ;P
There's not a single folk/folkette (?)(:P) in this marvelous gogstaff I don't care about. You're all honest and good folks and yes, one can tell ;)
high rated
I've a feeling that somewhere down the line the so-called 'classic' (go figure) installers won't receive updates anymore, unlike those bundled with Galaxy. Hope I'm wrong.
Maintaining 2 versions seems like an inconvenience, wouldn't you say?
Time will tell.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by patrikc
ZFR:
vicklemos: You're all honest and good folks
Attachments:
pic.jpg (31 Kb)
vicklemos: You're all honest and good folks
tinyE:
Do you think I'm funny?
I don't know why people are making such a big deal out of GOG maintaining two installers. Obviously I don't know how that process works, but I can't imagine it's particularly difficult when the only difference is one including Galaxy and one not.
better than could be. it's a little relief.
but it definitely is the weirdest decision of all. it's good that non-bloated installers are still keeped, but, as already pointed out, it's twice as much work with very doubtful outcome. although this doen't look like divertion maneuver 'take everything from a man, then give him back one half, and see his gratitude'. current decision doesn't look like something planned beforehand.
still wonder, what's really behind all this.
DedIago: as already pointed out, it's twice as much work
Is it? The game files are all the same, the only difference is that one installer has Galaxy and the other doesn't. I seriously doubt this translates to doubling GOG's workload.
DedIago: as already pointed out, it's twice as much work
Marioface5: Is it? The game files are all the same, the only difference is that one installer has Galaxy and the other doesn't. I seriously doubt this translates to doubling GOG's workload.
Perhaps one of the blues can shed some light on this matter.
Marioface5: Is it? The game files are all the same, the only difference is that one installer has Galaxy and the other doesn't. I seriously doubt this translates to doubling GOG's workload.
patrikc: Perhaps one of the blues can shed some light on this matter.
I hope they do. it would be interesting to know how the process will work, and it could put more people at ease.