It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So it does look I will have more availability today. Commiting to place vote before EOD.

Ixamyakxim: snip
Oh crap. I was semi-right it seems. And you were right - I would probly come down on you eventually, as I'm sure would others. For future reference, if you're town and not scum going all in, you might want to claim you have a role, without being specific. I like that someone is paying attention to Bler, but I think you threw scum a bone more than he did. :(

bler144: Or alternatively I'm pregnant and have morning sickness. ... it ends with me throwing up.
If this is a subtle way of implying I knocked you up, I'm the one being trolled...

Still made me smile :)

yogsloth: snip
0_o Please tell me this is scum|yogs pulling a fast one...

bler144: ... it makes zero sense to have a town investigator be compulsive, unless there's a negative component to the action.
heh

RWarehall: ... and I subbed in and somehow convinced people to spare me with explanations coming out of my behind...
heh

RWarehall: I'd expect the truth and some sort of explanation if she's town and some sort of lie if she's scum. What and how it's said might give me insight into which is which.
nods

I must have started lurking mafia after your active phase, cos I don't really remember that well, or at all, how you play. I do rem you very well from other threads of course...

hmmm... and yet if you hadn't joined after bler hinted at it, I'd almost say he was pointing to you and me as having similar progressions, and that makes me curious.

I think I want to ask you something meta. You've caught up mostly right? So what are your thoughts AND feelings on what little we know of the setup?

Dessimu: Please be patient with me a while longer.
Right. When you're out of your shell though, I think I'd like the same from you I just asked of RW.
Hello all! Thank you for the explanations and cliff-notes, I'm still catching up, though, so some of what you're talking about I don't get. I'll have something more substantial to talk about later, hopefully!
babark, do you think the wagon on your slot is justified?
Thought I might be able to catch up but too tired to really process.
Ixam - claim of some sort - check
docbear - subbed - check

Will properly catch up tomorrow (Thursday).
Ixamyakxim: I'm town - I have an compulsory, NON-SPECIFIED (?) town investigative role.
Well, that sounds like a kind of role that drealmer might drealm up. Doesn't mean it's true. But it might be.
BUT: you didn't reply to the question for clarification that you were asked: What does non-specified mean? Was it not specified in your PM, so you don't know what specifically you are? Or do you choose not to specify it?

Ixamyakxim: *Emma adjusts her frock, clearly uncharacteristically (heh!) huffy after the village she loved and trusted so much turned on her at a moments notice*

How dare you suggest I do *that* to dear Julie! I could have left you people and travelled to Nashua, but no! I dared stay, to help Sean and Dan tend the herds, to lend my hand with Claire feeding us. I even played music, danced and laughed with the lot of you in happier days!

This is how we respond to such events? And now look what you've done to me! Now I'm not better than the lot of, casting aspersions and doubt!
*Sean-O answers*
Now, now, dear Emma. You didn't exactly stay. You DID go to Nashua, but then you returned. At least that's what you said. Which is admirable and I am grateful for your help. But I am still amazed that you dared to brave the long road from Nashua through the dangerous woods alone. You have to understand that that makes some people wonder.

yogsloth: pretty sure cristi is Town
Why? And isn't she always towny?

bler144: Re-read was...a bit conflicting. One thing is pinging me, but a few things that bugged me on first read don't, or at least bug me less.

The only game that comes to mind where you were town was the academy game (ultimately killed for lurking), and the two active + role-playee games I can think of you were demon overlord in one and SK in the other.

In Wyrm's game you weren't really "town" either, given that there was no town to speak of. Coming up blank on an actual mafia or town game for you.

Can you provide an example of a game where you were this active as town for comparison? And/or a game where you were mafia?
Well, actually I was Town quite often. Vanilla in Extraterrestrials, in The Gameshow, in Ordinary game and in Women's Institute, Doctor in Très Lèches and in Vitek's quick Rouge game, Town Distracted Tracker in Murder They Wrote, Lover in Christmas,
Apart from the ones you mentioned, I was Mafia in Russian Roulette - but that probably doesn't help since it was a very non-standard game.

Hope that helps.

Stanari: I would like actual reads instead of mechanical talk.
You mean like those actual reads that you refuse to provide yourself concerning your votes?

Something to everybody: I agree that yogsloth feels different but I don't know whether that makes him scum. My top pick is still Stanari. Unexplained votes, refusal to explain even when asked, instead being evasive and giving wishi-washi statements like 'think harder' or 'I'm never entirely serios nor joking' ... everything screams to me of someone who tries hard to be non-commital. Someone trying hard not to be readable. So, everybody, what do you think about Stanari? ... And yes, I am pushing and I know that will make me unpopular with some players. But I think pushing is sometimes necessary and it is necessary to submit non-commital players to scrutiny.
Wow, it is like multiple novels in here. And it isn't even the sort of text I can read while multitasking or even listening to music or shows. I'm not even halfway through the thread yet (and don't seem to have reached whatever point it was that there was suddenly a train on me), but I have to head out for a bit.

By the way, I'm great at singing and playing the flute. Maybe we should start a town band. Everyone here seems to have some musical talent. Might drive away evil! :D
At most I can whistle... wait... whisper. I often whisper at the horses.

Though I'm more Sean Connery and less Robert Redford...

- Dan, the horses guy
bler144: But what do you make of the "compulsive" bit? How - and maybe moreso why - does it modify a town investigator role?

Paranoid at all, or is that just me?
A fair point. I'm not sure whether to dismiss it or what, since I've heard one of the roles that might have ended up in a 21 player version of this setup.

bler144: Thanks for the flavor theory. I'm assuming you're guessing/intuiting that, as I don't recall it, but it's entirely possible my eyes just glazed over at the flavor parts.
It is just what ran through my head when I was considering the legitimacy of the claim.

bler144: But that seems to imply flavor drives the mechanics rather than vice-versa.
I suspect they were built together, and both come out of Drealmer's ideals.

bler144: in the infamous game #28, dedo was "mafia compulsive firefighter" and the joke about "town arsonist" is actually incomplete - the actual claim was "compulsive town arsonist."
That is STILL incomplete! The compulsive town arsonist ALSO had an investigative ability!

bler144: or it might legitimately have a functional purpose.

But as a strictly functional matter it makes zero sense to have a town investigator be compulsive, unless there's a negative component to the action.
Or it might be a flavor cop, and have some sort of thieving sub-ability. *shrug* Who knows?

Actually, maybe wolves can only target "vulnerable" townspeople (like those out wandering around at night)?

Stanari: I don't think I ever defended Ix for being absent? And my case against trent can safely be summed up as "I'm bored, you haven't done anything splashy, and one of your posts pings me". Not sure how you got 3p out of that?
I didn't say you defended Ixam for being absent, I said you defended him while he was absent.

I said precisely what I meant to say. I was offering my rationale for my desire to lynch you after an Ix lynch. I'll parse the sentence.

"[1]I'm currently in favor of an Ixam lynch, [2]followed by Stanari. [3]Looks like some defense in absentia, [4]after a poorly explained case against 3rd party."

4 clauses:
[1] -> I'd like to lynch Ix first.
[2] -> I'd like to lynch Stanari next.
[3] -> Looks like Stanari is defending Ix from lynch, while Ix is not present.
[4] -> Stanari previously had a poorly explained case for lynching a 3rd party (Trent). Trent, not being Stanari, Ixam, or me, is a 3rd party (ie some other person) with regard to that section of my post.

Lifthrasil: Something to everybody: I agree that yogsloth feels different but I don't know whether that makes him scum. My top pick is still Stanari. Unexplained votes, refusal to explain even when asked, instead being evasive and giving wishi-washi statements like 'think harder' or 'I'm never entirely serios nor joking' ... everything screams to me of someone who tries hard to be non-commital. Someone trying hard not to be readable. So, everybody, what do you think about Stanari? ... And yes, I am pushing and I know that will make me unpopular with some players. But I think pushing is sometimes necessary and it is necessary to submit non-commital players to scrutiny.
I wouldn't mind following this. She wasn't in my shortened list because no one had voted her when I proposed the idea.

Unvote Quadralien.
Vote Stanari.

babark: (and don't seem to have reached whatever point it was that there was suddenly a train on me)
The train on you is fairly recent.

-----

I'm torn about something I want to ask Ix: namely, for any/all details he has about his role.

Pros: Laying it out now ties a wolf down much more than letting him wait and make up better details at a later time.
Cons: It lets wolves know exactly what that town PR can/can't do.

What do other people think about pursuing this? I suppose it might come down to how much one trusts Ix at this point.
If Ix really is town and has a role I would prefer no more was revealed about it. If he's town he should have never revealed that he had a role when he did since he was not close to a lynch but just under heavy scrutiny. Throwing a role out there Day 1 like that hurts us and helps scum.

I'm still not sold on Ix being town, but at this point I don't want to take a chance on lynching a town power role.
Brasas: I think I want to ask you something meta. You've caught up mostly right? So what are your thoughts AND feelings on what little we know of the setup?
It looks like a fairly basic werewolf game covered in a lot of flavor. As such, I'd guess 4 wolves, maybe 2 neutral roles, one anti-town, the other something like a survivor or something with a special win condition based on the typical large GoG game. There is no flavor hint of a 2nd major faction (we apparently are not playing Twilight with sparkly vampires against werewolves against mere mortals).

I'm still expecting flips until proven otherwise and suspect SirCrimsonFox was town the way he was just simply removed and likely not a strong power role either (could have had some powers, but not game-breaking). If he were scum or really important, I suspect another solution would have been enacted. Of course its also possible there won't be flips or the flips are enacted by a role like Coroner. Regardless, I'm not going to worry about it until the lynch flips or not and we have more information.

I think the day stages are probably just an extended and creative way to justify the lynch process and provide flavor over what appears to be a 1 month cycle. Mechanically, I think it's also intended to encourage early voting in the later stages of the game by preventing a scum-rush lynch following one ill-advised vote.

Everything about this flavor says the action will be on the full moons. Notice the last flavor update I think said a week or two passed.

And while I call it a "basic" werewolf game, I mean that in reference to the broad set-up. That no way implies the roles themselves are likely to strictly be basic, especially if one takes Ixam's claim as truth. I suspect, knowing Drealmer, that some creativity is involved, but I'm not going to comment further on this topic lest it give undue insight into any role I may or may not personally possess.
s u f f e r i n g

Lift: obtuse is not wishy washy. You ate correct when you say I do not particularly want to be readable but I'm hardly making an active effort to be unreadable.

Also, I've given reads. Just not reasons.

Bookwyrm627: I didn't say you defended Ixam for being absent, I said you defended him while he was absent.

I said precisely what I meant to say. I was offering my rationale for my desire to lynch you after an Ix lynch. I'll parse the sentence.

"[1]I'm currently in favor of an Ixam lynch, [2]followed by Stanari. [3]Looks like some defense in absentia, [4]after a poorly explained case against 3rd party."

4 clauses:
[1] -> I'd like to lynch Ix first.
[2] -> I'd like to lynch Stanari next.
[3] -> Looks like Stanari is defending Ix from lynch, while Ix is not present.
[4] -> Stanari previously had a poorly explained case for lynching a 3rd party (Trent). Trent, not being Stanari, Ixam, or me, is a 3rd party (ie some other person) with regard to that section of my post.
It only took me like a week but I get it now thanks.

Assuming you refer to my defense of Ix after he'd posted? I mean. I see nothing scummy about that. I defend townreads whether or not they happen to be existent. If instead you refer to my objection to lynching absent players, then we're going to have words.
Lifthrasil: BUT: you didn't reply to the question for clarification that you were asked: What does non-specified mean? Was it not specified in your PM, so you don't know what specifically you are? Or do you choose not to specify it?
I *think* I left enough in my outting to figure this out and I was actually going to be more specific but I see a few have wanted me to hold off going into details (and a few have asked for more). I'd like to hold off for the moment but if this becomes really important for today I guess I could say more. I'd rather hold off I think - I hate that I had to come out at all.

RWarehall: @Ixam Can you guide me to this post of yours you mention in #729?
Yup here you go (I'm going to straight copy / paste the URL - if this screws up can someone give me a bump?):

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post650
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post653

trentonlf: If Ix really is town and has a role I would prefer no more was revealed about it. If he's town he should have never revealed that he had a role when he did since he was not close to a lynch but just under heavy scrutiny
I really didn't want to do it. But others were starting to take up the bler assigned label of me being evasive (I wasn't), my wagon was gaining traction after stalling for a few days and I could just tell we were getting "on edge" after talking in circles - people were ready for "something" and that something was lining up to be my lynch. I didn't like where that was going at all.

yogsloth: It was a game-winning call in JMich's game to swallow Ix's codswallop that turned out to be true after all... and this feels the same.
If I didn't love my Boxer dog as absurdly as I do, I'd be sorely tempted to change my forum title to "Ix's Codswallop"
bler144: Re-read was...a bit conflicting. One thing is pinging me, but a few things that bugged me on first read don't, or at least bug me less.

The only game that comes to mind where you were town was the academy game (ultimately killed for lurking), and the two active + role-playee games I can think of you were demon overlord in one and SK in the other.

In Wyrm's game you weren't really "town" either, given that there was no town to speak of. Coming up blank on an actual mafia or town game for you.

Can you provide an example of a game where you were this active as town for comparison? And/or a game where you were mafia?
Lifthrasil: Well, actually I was Town quite often. Vanilla in Extraterrestrials, in The Gameshow, in Ordinary game and in Women's Institute, Doctor in Très Lèches and in Vitek's quick Rouge game, Town Distracted Tracker in Murder They Wrote, Lover in Christmas,
Apart from the ones you mentioned, I was Mafia in Russian Roulette - but that probably doesn't help since it was a very non-standard game.

Hope that helps.
Probably nothing but when I read this the first time, it struck me wrong. I get that it is talk of past games and, as such, may be nothing but also could be an accidental slip. Highlighted for posterity...
Ixamyakxim: If I didn't love my Boxer dog as absurdly as I do, I'd be sorely tempted to change my forum title to "Ix's Codswallop"
Hey Marie-

You do the herbs right?

I need some herbs.

Why don't you come over to my place for some tea and herbs? C'mon, it'll be fun. Nobody has to know.

It'll be...

fun.
That was supposed to be @ bler, not Ix.

But seriously Marie.

I've got a fever, and the only cure... is you coming to my house with tea and herbs and...

making me feel better.

Come on over.