It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

vote count / vote-count / votecount

Nathaniel (Nathan) Smith [Dessimu] .............. -- 0 --
Sean O'Donnell (Sean-O!) [Lifthrasil] .............. -- 1 -- Fergus (Nachomamma8)
Laura Jennings [docbear1975] ........................ -- 1 -- William (QuadrAlien)
Emma Hess [Ixamyakxim] ................................. -- 3 -- Emily (trentonlf), Marie (bler144), Craig (Bookwyrm627)
Adam Johnson [RWarehall] .............................. -- 0 --
William (Bill) O'Brian [QuadrAlien] .................... -- 1 -- Laura (docbear1975)
Craig Adams [Bookwyrm627] ............................ -- 0 --
Daniel (Dan) Evans [Brasas] ............................. -- 0 --
Claire Dwyer [cristigale] ...................................... -- 0 --
Eric Barton [yogsloth] ........................................... -- 0 --
Fergus (Fergie) Perkins [Nachomamma8] ..... -- 0 --
Sarah Matthews [TammyTown] .......................... -- 0 --
Emily Barton [trentonlf] ......................................... -- 2 -- Eric (yogsloth), Justin (Stanari)
Marie Thomson [bler144] .................................... -- 0 --
James (Jim) Peterson [DragonSushi] .............. -- 0 --
Justin Dawson [Stanari] ...................................... -- 1 -- Sean (Lifthrasil)

................................................................................... -- 7 -- Emma (Ixamyakxim)!, Adam (RWarehall), Sarah (TammyTown), Claire (cristigale), Dan (Brasas), James (DragonSushi), Nathan (Dessimu)

if I don't have your vote where you want it to be, say so, and I'll fix the votecount
Post edited September 14, 2016 by drealmer7
While mulling and cooking, I had this strange thought that yogs was neutral survivor. (Don't ask, but my track record of picking out neutrals is better than picking mafia. Which is what makes me awesome! If somewhat unsuccessful at actually winning.). On re-read it didn't hold up.

Exciting news flash, eh?

yogsloth: [tilts up single eyebrow suggestively, gently twirling one finger]
Name one thing you've done this game that you wouldn't have done as laser-beam-cyborg serial killer from the future?

Just want to clear that up a bit.
Do we not get flips in this game?

I need to read the most current posts, but i'm also getting ready to go to sleep and I wanted to get down some of my thoughts.

Stanari - i'm not the biggest fan of the mafia don't tend to stick out, care what they think, are consensy tell. I've seen way to many scum go against the grain, do things to garner attention to clear someone based on that. That said I'm not sure what to do with lx right now.

It would be nice to know what Crimson was. I have no idea how to read him in general to even have an idea of what he could be. We were partners once and he did a whole basically kind of troll day one. As Arya he put out more thoughts before dipping out like he did. I think he's a less than serious player in general.

For yog - the thing that I liked here was an absence of over-rping and he did feel a little more solvey in his approach to stanari early game. I particularly liked when he seemed sure about stanari being scum. In GoT I remember my gut not liking his early posts as they felt too over boisterous to me. A bit too flowery in tone and it read off. The rest was due to the standing mechanic and his reaction after day one, so that's the part that doesn't translate here, but the not overacting the rp bit is what I did like. (I like rp a lot, but his felt like an actor overacting his part in GoT if that makes sense.) Anyway since he feels more natural, I've been leaning town on him, but GoT is my only experience with him. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to follow the last championship game because I got super busy and I only read a few of Whiskeyjack's posts to read his alignment, so I haven't seen Yog as town. Not a super great read here and I know that you have to be careful about Yog but I'm leaning town cautiously.

Wyrm is another one I'm leaning town on cautiously. I thought that his interaction with Nacho could have been scum focusing on an accusation that he could argue against because it was baseless, but the reaction didn't quite feel right. But there have been a few points where I've gotten the feel of him reacting in ways that run counter to how I would react or read things and I'm not sure the Nacho thing was alignment indicative. For instance when he took Sushi's line about nacho and I working together well when we're the same alignment as some indication we were wolves together here. It's obvious that sushi was giving his experience of nacho and I playing together and what he interpreted it as.

Also I think his earlier focus on not knowing whether or not it was mafia, werewolves, etc. was a little too much overplayed for him to be in the know as a werewolf. i do expect scum to pretend not to know what we're dealing with and the fake dumbtell is something that a lot of scum do at times (oh how many scum do you think there are type thing), but I haven't seen it be something the scum dwell on to the extent that he did in the early game. I guess I could be misremembering how many times I saw wyrm talk about it or misattributed it to someone else, but there was one point where I was reading along and when he brought it up again I thought it seemed like someone who legitimately didn't know rather than someone playing dumb. I'm not sure if this makes sense and I'd planned on explaining this better but I'm being called to bed and I'm trying to hurry up.

I'll clarify tomorrow though.

I wasn't overly jazzed about RW's entrance but as someone said that he's good as scum, I'm still waiting there. Agent was my biggest suspect so I'm looking forward to what RW can do to re-enforce that read or turn it around. Behind him my next suspect is Quad.

Going to bed, see you tomorrow.
Huh. Dead Fox but no flip. While I have to assume Drealmer has a plan there...it makes analysis more complex down the road. Harder to gauge when at LYLO, etc.

Would ask the mod if that is foreshadowing what we can/can't expect from lynches/NKs, if, you know, we were allowed to ask the mod questions in thread. So this isn't me asking, just musing aloud.

Am sorry to see him and his hat jokes go.

So as a functional matter N=even bumps up No Lynch as an option for me slightly, but still think there are 2-3 flips I'd rather see, assuming we'll see flips. Which I'm not less sure about. And also assumes one NK which I was taking for granted but probably shouldn't until yogs gets back to me.

Well, while Drealmer was posting that I was busy shitposting. So might as well play that out. I'd fallen behind Wyrm in the "posting useless stats" department, so here's me catching up:

Player & Name PostCount
1. Dessimu...............................Nathaniel (Nathan) Smith  22
2. Lifthrasil...............................Sean O'Donnell (Sean-O!)  19
3. docbear1975.........................................Laura Jennings  17
4. Ixamyakxim..................................................Emma Hess  15
5. RWarehall (formerly agentcarr16)......Adam Johnson  16 14 agent, 2 RW
6. QuadrAlien.....................................William (Bill) O'Brian  8
7. bookwyrm627.............................................Craig Adams  56
8. Brasas..............................................Daniel (Dan) Evans  41
9. cristigale.......................................................Claire Dwyer  24
10. SirCrimsonFox...........................Jason (Jay) Peterson  25
11. yogsloth.........................................................Eric Barton  87
12. Nachomamma8...................Fergus (Fergie) Perkins  35
13. TammyTown........................................Sarah Matthews  16
14. trentonlf.......................................................Emily Barton  48
15. bler144..................................................Marie Thomson  126
16. DragonSushi............................James (Jim) Peterson  14
17. Stanari....................................................Justin Dawson 65
18. Drealmer…………………….…Wystan Midayaway 54

I've built such a big lead I think I can afford to just take off the next 4 days and still be in 1st or 2nd. So...see y'all on Saturday!
TammyTown: Stanari - i'm not the biggest fan of the mafia don't tend to stick out, care what they think, are consensy tell. I've seen way to many scum go against the grain, do things to garner attention to clear someone based on that. That said I'm not sure what to do with lx right now.
I think it takes a specific kind of player or a specific kind of meta to foster that behavior. I don't see any indications to support it, although it's possibly I'm just vastly misreading him. Should probably do some metadiving for that.

At the very least Ix is not in my lynchpool today; I don't have much credence in this read but I'd be rather surprised if he flipped scum. (Yes, those two things are contradictory.) Although that wouldn't be the first time I hard defended scum. Lol.
TammyTown: but the not overacting the rp bit is what I did like. (I like rp a lot, but his felt like an actor overacting his part in GoT if that makes sense.)

I wasn't overly jazzed about RW's entrance ... Agent was my biggest suspect yada yada.
totally [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/forum_mafia_game_36_a_familys_fortune/post17]overacted in this game as town. It was hilarious. Mostly, anyway.

Note that Ix was "town unlimited-shot vigilante" in that game and one of two prime wagons D1 (with the lone SK being the other). I probably should go back and re-read it. Maybe someone who isn't already ready to lynch him might have a less jaded view than me of how town-Ix deals with D1 pressure? IDK. Putting it on my to-do list with finally re-reading wyrm and finishing brasas re-read.

Do want to see RW contribute something though before we move along too much further. I wouldn't hold back if you have questions for him though. I had agent as derp-town so I don't really have anything in particular until he's either caught up reading or provides something to go on.

And with that post I've built my post-count lead even further, so I guess...see you Sunday?
Shakes head, brain rattles. I'm a bit befuddled (Actually, make that completely befuddled).

@Stanari, I think I get why you voted trent. I don't necessarily agree, but I think I see why. But, why do you read lx as town?

With SirCrimson out (a flip would have been nice), my top lynch candidates are Quad and lx. I'm not sure what to do about lx. I don't read him as town, but his wagon could end up being a good place for scum to hide.

Quad, I would like to see more from you.
docbear1975: 1) @Stanari, I think I get why you voted trent. I don't necessarily agree, but I think I see why. But, why do you read lx as town?

2) With SirCrimson out (a flip would have been nice), my top lynch candidates are Quad and lx. I'm not sure what to do about lx. I don't read him as town, but his wagon could end up being a good place for scum to hide.
Ok, this is me still being a jerk, but this is example A of why I feel like Doc is just trying to get along and lurking in plain sight. I absolutely 100% don't get why she's getting town-reads. At best she's null and in the "must POE" pool with Quad.

1) Read the last 20 posts. This was already asked (in pretty much this exact form by me in #669 and a similar form by Tammy in #683) and at least partially answered. If you have a follow-up, or it wasn't to your satisfaction ask a follow-up.

2) If your concern Ix's wagon is "a good place for scum to hide" you aren't worried about the huge cluster**** a D1 Quad wagon would be?

P1: "He's lurking."
P2: "Yeah, definitely lurking..."
ad nauseam. It would just be 9 posts of that. Like if Quad is town that's super-scum-coast-fest. They can get on, or not. No big whup. Easy to explain either way.

I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I quite like you but this post makes me want to throw things.
TammyTown: I wasn't overly jazzed about RW's entrance but as someone said that he's good as scum, I'm still waiting there. Agent was my biggest suspect so I'm looking forward to what RW can do to re-enforce that read or turn it around. Behind him my next suspect is Quad.

Going to bed, see you tomorrow.
IMO RW is one of the better mafia players we have. He is good as town or scum. He is one of the players I have trouble getting a read on. If he is town then he is a strong asset for town and if he is scum then scum if fortunate to have him. Whatever he ends up being this game I'm glad to see him here as it is a boon for the game.
Post edited September 14, 2016 by drealmer7
drealmer7: ...
bump
Seriously?? Had a post ready to go and it appears my router died. Posting from! my phone. Those in the know understand that is a bad thing. Prepare yourselves for numerous bad autocorrects.
docbear1975: 1) @Stanari, I think I get why you voted trent. I don't necessarily agree, but I think I see why. But, why do you read lx as town?

2) With SirCrimson out (a flip would have been nice), my top lynch candidates are Quad and lx. I'm not sure what to do about lx. I don't read him as town, but his wagon could end up being a good place for scum to hide.
bler144: Ok, this is me still being a jerk, but this is example A of why I feel like Doc is just trying to get along and lurking in plain sight. I absolutely 100% don't get why she's getting town-reads. At best she's null and in the "must POE" pool with Quad.

1) Read the last 20 posts. This was already asked (in pretty much this exact form by me in #669 and a similar form by Tammy in #683) and at least partially answered. If you have a follow-up, or it wasn't to your satisfaction ask a follow-up.

2) If your concern Ix's wagon is "a good place for scum to hide" you aren't worried about the huge cluster**** a D1 Quad wagon would be?

P1: "He's lurking."
P2: "Yeah, definitely lurking..."
ad nauseam. It would just be 9 posts of that. Like if Quad is town that's super-scum-coast-fest. They can get on, or not. No big whup. Easy to explain either way.

I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I quite like you but this post makes me want to throw things.
*Ducks* I'm trying not to be all over the place. Cristi asked why I voted for Quad, and I responded. There has been a lot of back and forth (discussion wise) on lx. He has a convenient wagon forming, and with so many players, scum could throw one of their own under the bus, so to speak.

It's pretty late, and I'm really tired. And I probably just posted a bunch of gibberish.
Well, time to start reading more (back from work, I work 2nd shift). I am going through current events as I continue reading so am keeping an eye on those in question.

Specifically, after reading through the first 5 pages (50 posts per page)...
Trentonlf - I see nothing unusual or noteworthy. Nothing I would expect him to be fist-shaking at. If anyone has something from those first 5 pages I should look more closely at, I'm all ears.
Ixam - Hasn't made an entrance yet.

This doesn't imply I'm not looking at everyone else by any means.

For the new folk, trying to use your terminology (I read a few Championship games).
I don't tone read. I attempt to "action" read. You'll pretty much never see me say, "X player is town because no scum would say that". I believe any player can say anything, any time. What I look for are what I consider actions. Meaningful pushes against others, other meaningful campaigns and classic scum tells. Weak votes with no push does not constitute a meaningful action in my book.

Thus far, the first 5 pages, I see Bler bucking the trend and making a serious push for information. He's asking the questions and commenting on real issues as I would expect I would have. I have him as town for now, unless his future actions should make me reconsider. Everyone else...mostly noise. Jokes, random comments, not saying there aren't some notes of potential scum hunting, but nothing that I wouldn't expect of scum feigning to be town.

I hope the next few pages become a bit more serious. Sorry if I'm going through it slowly, but I want to do a complete job so I won't need to go back through it again later except to revisit select tidbits for cross-reference.

I'm also trying to reserve judgement on some things I've read ahead on that bug me a bit until I have the full context. I have a pet peeve against no-lynches and there are a few statements I've seen that irk me, but to give them a fair shake, I need to see these again.
Yep, blippity, blippity router. Internet works just fine. Wired for now, cable is not long enough to reach where I want to be...first world problems.

bler144: Huh. Dead Fox but no flip. While I have to assume Drealmer has a plan there...it makes analysis more complex down the road. Harder to gauge when at LYLO, etc.

So as a functional matter N=even bumps up No Lynch as an option for me slightly, but still think there are 2-3 flips I'd rather see, assuming we'll see flips. Which I'm not less sure about. And also assumes one NK which I was taking for granted but probably shouldn't until yogs gets back to me.
My first game was a closed setup no-flip game. It was entertaining, as was agent's game, but I hope we have flips. I'm still pushing for a lynch, too many possible reasons why the mod chose to not reveal.