It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

vote count / votecount / vote-count

Nathaniel (Nathan) Smith ........ -- 0 --
Sean O'Donnell (Sean-O!) ....... -- 2 -- Fergus (Nachomamma8), Marie (bler144),
Laura Jennings ......................... -- 5 -- William (QuadrAlien), Adam (RWarehall), Emily (trentonlf), Justin (Stanari), Claire (cristigale),
Emma Hess ............................... -- 0 --
Adam Johnson .......................... -- 1 -- Laura (babark),
William (Bill) O'Brian ................ -- 1 -- Emma (Ixamyakxim),
Craig Adams ............................. -- 1 -- Eric (yogsloth),
Daniel (Dan) Evans .................. -- 0 --
Claire Dwyer .............................. -- 0 --
Eric Barton ................................. -- 1 -- Sean (Lifthrasil),
Fergus (Fergie) Perkins .......... -- 0 --
Sarah Matthews ........................ -- 0 --
Emily Barton .............................. -- 0 --
Marie Thomson ........................ -- 0 --
Justin Dawson .......................... -- 2 -- Craig (Bookwyrm627), Dan (Brasas),

not wanting to kill anyone ......... -- 2 -- Sarah (TammyTown), Nathan (Dessimu),

if your vote is not where you want it, say so, and I'll correct the votecount
bler144: IDK. In general I would've said most people I'm at least trying to look at what they're doing or not doing.
I think it was you who declared Cristigale town based on meta, dismissed the cases on Ixam and Babark on meta. Viewing Yogs on meta. That's at least 4. Not saying knowing someone's habits aren't useful...But it's the above part that bugs me more...what are people doing? That's the real question. Until we have some flips on "popular" figures, I'm not sure I can distinguish who's doing something good or not. Scum are going to "play Town" too. And they have the advantage of knowing which targets are which. So when I see someone offering useful advice and pointing out inconsistencies, I really don't know if it's scum trying to look town and catching something early to establish cred of some sort, or a townie honestly trying to figure this out.

But the last thing I'm going to do is declare anyone Obvi-Town and I'm not going to immediately dismiss things other people say they see without looking at it more closely. It's post 1047 that really bothers me. You are either revealing a power role or over-reaching based on flavor which our mod claims has been carefully crafted not to break the game.

And for the love of God, don't tell me which one it is. Too many people in these games think it's a good idea to drop breadcrumbs of their role. If it's not a good idea to just claim it outright, then dropping breadcrumbs that scum are just as likely to pick up on amounts to the same thing...
bler144: Not sure we've actually had one, but my assumption would be that it's going to be in the mix, even if not a given.

trentonlf: In Flub's Milk game we had a PGO, killed a mafia player on night one too when they were trying to investigate him.
Yes, however, with no flips, no one knew he was mafia, including mafia (they didn't know each other). We spent a lot of time talking about a policy lynch because the player chose to be paranoid that night. It never happened, but he took some heat for it.

I agree with trent on this, if what you say is true, sharing was probably the right thing to do.
From the top this time. Overall, until and when the wagon on Lift overtakes Stan's I am sticking. I am eyeing the Lift wagon fondly though. Also overall @Bler Jesus Marie, what are you doing? I trust you but not that much you know?

bler144: Point of fact, here: Stan had two votes when Brasas voted.

As noted in the above, Wyrm voted Stan in 789, Lift in 680. Neither had moved at least through post 1008. Brasas joined on in 1013. Lift came off in 1022.

I don't think it changes the qualitative analysis of the wagon's health much, ...

Stan is town. She just is. I can explain more - like stake-the-game-on evidence if there's a consensus but it puts some things on the table people may not want to see D1. She's my absolute top #1 town read.

Making her the alternate wagon is a mistake.
Thx. And of course, when looking at the wagon's health the fact the vigged - or whatever that was - town was also on Stan means nothing right? I only joke - despite Sushi at least knowing her better. Anyway, given your revelation now - whatever that was - I'm recontextualizing. But no time to reread your Stan defence in depth.

Nachomamma8: snip
Hey you, why / how did you miscount?

Stanari: goddammit unwarranted townreads are the way to my tender heart
In a rip your ribcage open sort of way?

I mean, you would buy Bler's read, but what do you think of it? It's not like your wagon is actually going anywhere.

babark: snip
Mate, I think you're going to be lynched. Please give us some more reads of other players. Leave a legacy.

bler144: Which could be telling or coincidence. But either way, he's talked about being paranoid as much as every non-Bler player combined.

I guess I don't know what Brasas was doing, but I'm Paranoid and I own a maze-like barn that no one is allowed inside because they might get lost or hurt.

Perhaps I'm a Paranoid Barn Owner, perhaps I'm just a paranoid barn owner.
So the two players doing the same stuff was you and me and that paranoid stuff.

I was going to ask you about that eventually, since as you correctly surmised, indeed I was not on that page at all. Is it that hard to believe I feel lost as F? I did write that explicitly back when. I don't really understand 100% what you're claiming by the way. Paranoid is a modifer, that I know / remember, but what it means I'm not sure, you're saying you kill anyone coming to visit at night looks like. No time for mafia wiki before work. Got an asshole to reply to elsewhere - priorities, priorities...

RWarehall: ... claiming you have all the player connections figured out to the point you can pick out viable 4-man scum teams ...

@Brasas How many games have you played? I ask because it plays a part in how I read you.
1 - Did he? Where?

2 - I consider this my first, but maybe it's my third, or second. I played a resistance game, and then an open setup 7 player one. This is a completely different feel so far.

Do tell us more how that makes you read.
I... christ, sorry. I actually considered asking for replacement given how I've been feeling over the weekend (spent Saturday semi-conscious on the sofa, managed to drag myself out on Sunday but was exhausted when I got back), but considering the replacement queue's empty and we've already lost two...

Anyway!

The thing about the Paranoid claim is that it actually fits in with the Compulsive claim earlier - Ixam has to investigate which gives more of a chance of blundering into this barn and... whatever it is that happens in there occurring. I'm going to consider Ix and Bler on the same side, and leaning Town. I do, however, wonder if that this being the case, "What does my role actually do?" should have been one of the first questions asked this game. :)

While I can sympathise with Babark's issues with subbing in (especially as I've been in a similar situation in which I had to try and explain the motives of someone who was, in fact, Town), his follow-up posts aren't really easing my suspicions. Combined with the fact that this looks like RWarehall's Town game, I'm now happy with where my vote is.

I'm also slightly worried that what are described as "weird, outlandish theories of RWarehall's" appears to include the scenario that Babark's Town. :P
*sigh*
No reply from Bookwyrm.

And no ingame-reply from Eric (yogs) either. But at least he seems genuinely convinced that Bookwyrm's 'Mason' claim was just fluff and not a claim at all. That makes his vote less scummy.

UNVOTE yogsloth

So, back to my previous vote for lack of a better alternative.

VOTE Stanari

To bler: I'm sorry. But I just don't see what you see as so town about Stanari. Care to explain? I see her quite the opposite as rather scummy. But then again you see me as scummy because of that. So you must have some very strong reason to believe her town, if suspecting her is in turn reason for your suspicion. Or are you just grasping for any reason to suspect me?
By the way, I think this was the section of post that people are thinking of as the confirmation of a Mason claim from Bookwyrm?

Lifthrasil: Also: BOOKWYRM, you still didn't reply to my question for clarification: your statement that you are mason, was just a statement about the profession of your character, right? It's a bit mis-understandable, since there is also the role 'Mason'. Please tell me that wasn't what you meant and you didn't just make a claim on Day 1 without reason! )
Bookwyrm627: Whoops. Sorry about that. I wanted to inform people that there is a Mason in the game.

(Please don't LAL me. I'm actually not sorry.)
It has to be said I still think that one could go either way - it certainly seems rather tongue-in-cheek.
Lifthrasil: *sigh*
No reply from Bookwyrm.
I basically took the weekend off. I'm now spending some time catching up.

I don't know what the question was (yet), but I'll see about answering it as promptly as I can.
bler144: Perhaps I'm a Paranoid Barn Owner, perhaps I'm just a paranoid barn owner.

Either way, I don't think pressing Wyrm to clarify if he's Mason or just mason, by the same turn is helpful. Maybe his setup parallels my own, maybe it doesn't. I still think he's town fwiw, and has his claim as ambiguous as he wants it, and either way I don't think it's a D1 problem.

So back to me, maybe this is all just flavor tease on my part.
I don't like this teasing and claiming-but-not-really at all. In my opinions townies should never false-claim. And sort-of-claiming but leaving the backdoor of 'I was just teasing' open always appears scummy to me. It is confusing and thereby hurts town - and Townies should never try to hurt town. So I don't like your 'perhaps I am this, perhaps I am that'.

To elaborate on why I think that all this evasiveness hurts town: it's in the same vein as lying. The one thing that sets town apart from scum is, that town can afford to be truthful. Scum has to lie to win. Therefore I am a firm believer of 'lynch all liars'. It would be easy, really, if all town players actually would stick to the simple rule: don't lie. Ever. Be straightforward, share your thoughts and root out the liars. That DOESN'T mean one should claim on Day 1. But it means that IF you decide to claim, you should be truthful. And if someone tries to be intentionally misleading or confusing, that is bad for town (and in addition only fun for the one doing it and annoying to the other players. 'Oh yea, I'm so clever, I can mislead the others completely unnecessarily!'... )

So I'll ask for clarification, even if you don't like it: Are you a 'Paranoid Barn Owner' as in the Mafia-power-role? Or are you not? Keep in mind that with PGO the safest play for town is actually claiming on Day 1 to protect the power roles. One of the few cases where claiming on Day 1 is good.

Or do you claim that you don't know yourself, because your PM was inconclusive? If so, I suggest that you ask our mod for clarification. Because everyone should f'ing know his own role!
My thoughts as of 982.
----------------------

Nachomamma8: I thought you were lying because the timing seemed strange ... Your argument that I've been throwing shade at you doesn't really stand up since I've never suspected you or implied you were suspicious due to the whole tizzy we've had and the part of me assuming you meant differently and thus I am a more likely wolf is confusing at best.
1) You call my timing suspicious, but you never suspected me and you weren't casting any sort of doubt (aka shade) on what I was saying? Am I the only one seeing a discrepancy here?

2) "or implied you were suspicious due to the whole tizzy we've had"
Our tizzy came after I said you were casting shade at me.

3) We have certain sensitivities about liars here on GOG. Anyone caught in a lie can expect to be lynched in a prompt manner, barring some pretty exceptional circumstances.

Ixamyakxim: The OMGUS (fun fact - I don't know what this means. I mean, I know what it *means* but I don't know what it stands for) vote so soon after the naked wagon push on Stanari (and again, this coming from someone who likes to push wagons).
"Oh My God yoU Suck." [Bler shot first]

And I'm not sure what was so wrong about Babark's vote on Stanari. According to him, he had a list of players he found scummy, and Stanari happened to have the most votes out of the people on his list. A number of people have unspecified scum lists, so THAT isn't something new. Voting for the wagon most likely to roll among the ones you find suspicious is hardly a new concept either; I've already publicly done this at least once this game. The OMGUS on to RW was amusing, but to me hardly indicative of anything.

bler144: Maybe forget your wagon, particularly RW, and maybe try to help look at the bigger picture, or at people who aren't voting you, etc. There may or may not be scum on your wagon, but there are 99.99% likely scum not on your wagon.
And if he doesn't defend, he gets lynched for ignoring questions and so on.

trentonlf: Why would she say Ix's wagon is a convenient one? What knowledge does she have to make that statement? The only way she knows Ix's wagon is a convenient wagon to be on is is she possesses knowledge that only scum would know (that would be what Ix's alignment is)
People have been saying Ix's wagon was convenient before he even posted in the game. If she was behind in the game, and slow to adjust her thinking, that idea was very likely to stick.

Because it could have just been an excuse, most people seem to be ignoring another line in docbear's questionable post: "It's pretty late, and I'm really tired. And I probably just posted a bunch of gibberish." [Babark shot first]

RWarehall: What I'm hoping from you, Babark, is some legitimate activity and analysis that isn't just "Oh My God, You Suck (OMGUS) for voting me".
I would also like to see Babark talk about his impressions of some other players. He mentioned a few names that were apparently on his suspect list, but hasn't had/taken time to talk more about it.

drealmer7: "modkills" will be specifically denoted as such and are not likely to be in the form of a death but rather some other hopefully anti-climactic exit - don't hold me to that - but hopefully we don't have but the 1 modkill...
That answers a few questions. We get flips on non-mod kills, and the vanilla townie was killed by a player (likely some kind of day vig). The branch was too heavy for a townie to physically whack him to death (wolf might have been able), but a deadfall trap is also a possibility.

-----

-I'm not voting Babark right now. I've seen him do at least two things that I've done, and I know I'm town.
Bookwyrm627: ..
The issue with the way babark decided to vote was the only people he even considered looking at were the ones on his wagon. As far as he is concerned everyone on his wagon is scum and no one else. How is that a townie move?
So if we want to actually end this Day, it's Babark or nobody, right?
I'm open to other wagons. Very much so, in fact.
Stanari: I'm open to other wagons. Very much so, in fact.
Yeah, me too obviously, but I think we need an end to the Day more than anything else.

Unvote Bookwyrm627

Vote Babark (Laura)

L-1 now.
Do I get to post anything else atm? Lets try something very short and with zero tags.