It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Question: I bought loads of Humble and other bundles and there are many games I don't play and don't intend to play ever, eg. Brütal Legend and others. I don't, in general, use the Steam keys and just download the games I want to play and leave the others. Is it legal to gift these to other people?
should be,you bought them,who activates them is no business of them i guess,or other Sellers for that matter.

edit: so go ahead an shoot away! LOL what are you waiting for!! (joking) aahh nothing like thanksgiving..
Post edited November 27, 2014 by Sir.Braka
eleve: Question: I bought loads of Humble and other bundles and there are many games I don't play and don't intend to play ever, eg. Brütal Legend and others. I don't, in general, use the Steam keys and just download the games I want to play and leave the others. Is it legal to gift these to other people?
Yeah you can gift them
Sir.Braka: should be,you bought them,who activates them is no business of them i guess,or other Sellers for that matter.
I just looked at the Humble bundles and they redeem the keys for MY Steam acct. There is no way to use that key as a gift; it even says so in the small print at the bottom of the activation page. This was what brought up the question for me because downloading and passing a game on to someone else doesn't transfer it at the store where I bought it. So, as far as Humble is concerned, 2 people end up with my copy even if I never touch that game.

edit to add:
or am I seeing this wrong?
Post edited November 27, 2014 by eleve
eleve: Question: I bought loads of Humble and other bundles and there are many games I don't play and don't intend to play ever, eg. Brütal Legend and others. I don't, in general, use the Steam keys and just download the games I want to play and leave the others. Is it legal to gift these to other people?
do you still have brutal legend? i would like to have that, please.
It used not to be, but now is. The tricky part is, Brütal Legend was bundled when it still wasn't. At least the times I remember. So, in all honesty, I can't be completely sure. That said, I don't see or foresee any problem with it.
Sir.Braka: should be,you bought them,who activates them is no business of them i guess,or other Sellers for that matter.
eleve: I just looked at the Humble bundles and they redeem the keys for MY Steam acct. There is no way to use that key as a gift; it even says so in the small print at the bottom of the activation page. This was what brought up the question for me because downloading and passing a game on to someone else doesn't transfer it at the store where I bought it. So, as far as Humble is concerned, 2 people end up with my copy even if I never touch that game.

edit to add:
look,even if the page is not "claimed" your puchae you can still give that "adress" to page to whoever you wnat its not "tied" to yoyr steama ccount whoever wnat to activate on steam can do so on that page,some unless the Seller is promting to connet to your steam account and you must do so from your purchase page , for exaple no key,just actiavtetion ,but humbles claim page" dint have that no that i ever seen

edit lol i cant spell toningt...its all fogggy..andblurry
Post edited November 27, 2014 by Sir.Braka
eleve: I just looked at the Humble bundles and they redeem the keys for MY Steam acct. There is no way to use that key as a gift; it even says so in the small print at the bottom of the activation page.

edit to add:
Most recent bundles allow you to create links using a gift icon on the right, but not all of them did.
eleve: I just looked at the Humble bundles and they redeem the keys for MY Steam acct. There is no way to use that key as a gift; it even says so in the small print at the bottom of the activation page.

edit to add:
madth3: Most recent bundles allow you to create links using a gift icon on the right, but not all of them did.
aah yes here we se a typical DRM problem...
jdsgn: Sorry if I'm supposed to know, but what is CDPRed? /;
phandom: Look to the bottom of this page and to the right.
You will see: GOG.com © 2014. Part of CD Project group.
It's some sort of investor group... never noticed that before. Thanks for teaching me something (:
madth3: Most recent bundles allow you to create links using a gift icon on the right, but not all of them did.
Sir.Braka: aah yes here we se a typical DRM problem...
How is this a DRM problem?

It amazes me that Humble allows us to gift the steam keys at all. We are truly getting 2 copies of any DRM free game from humble - the DRM free copy on the humble page, and steam copy which we can give away.
Post edited November 27, 2014 by hummer010
Sir.Braka: aah yes here we se a typical DRM problem...
hummer010: How is this a DRM problem?

It amazes me that Humble allows us to gift the steam keys at all. We are truly getting 2 copies of any DRM free game from humble - the DRM free copy on the humble page, and steam copy which we can give away.
well,if it happends the way you describe then ,no but apparentrly this wasnt how i Went in evele 's case.

what he described is a typical DRM : movement.Digital Rights Management also called Digital Restrictions Management, and probaly what happend him.
LesterKnight99: do you still have brutal legend? i would like to have that, please.
Lol, well, the bundle containing it is exactly the one I am talking about here and the one I looked at in detail. Acc. to Humble I can't gift anything from that bundle.

Thanks to all who responded. It sort of looks as though I'll have to go through every bundle separately and check :( I hate DRM!
Post edited November 28, 2014 by eleve
LesterKnight99: do you still have brutal legend? i would like to have that, please.
eleve: Lol, well, the bundle containing it is exactly the one I am talking about here and the one I looked at in detail. Acc. to Humble I can't gift anything from that bundle.

Thanks to all who responded. It sort of looks as though I'll have to go through every bundle separately and check :(
Ah well...
ok.
hummer010: How is this a DRM problem?

Sir.Braka: well,if it happends the way you describe then ,no but apparentrly this wasnt how i Went in evele 's case.

what he described is a typical DRM : movement.Digital Rights Management also called Digital Restrictions Management, and probaly what happend him.
It seems that new bundles have a gift button to the right of the Steam key. Old ones didn't and the Humble support page tells me that I am only allowed to pass on the entire bundle in that case...otoh, these "old" bundles (the one I am looking at as a test case is HumbleBundle 7 from 2012 or thereabouts) are not automatically redeemed and I am given a Steam key to then add each game manually.
Soooo...it would be possible to just pass on the Steam keys but is that legal at all? Or just a grey zone that could be used?