It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

liquidsnakehpks: its been a downhill fall ever since the gog logo lost its gold , i dont know who at gog approves these visual changes but they are a poor eye sore at worst , not even sure if all of the community are even happy with them , i hope gog takes a survey or something before changing stuff rapidly
YaTEdiGo: I am not happy at all, yet, with the new design, I didn´t get used to it, I REALLY don´t like it. But I don´t like to complaint all the time, more seeing they are not going to go back... and also because I am VERY happy with all the new available titles in GOG, specially with STARWARS and now STARTREK and SR+DARKSIDERS+METRO etc...

But the library... the library... T_T

SERIOUSLY, why to do things WRONG when you being doing them RIGHT? Is like an Icecube of water to my face... yesterday even interrupted my ¨shopping flow¨ I was even thinking about where to put the new three titles... seriously, I was... so NO SR2 and SR3 ... -_-

If STARWARS titles were the happiest thing that probably I ever experienced in this place, (as happy as when they launched BG, Fallout, Arcanum or Planescape Torment) the library thing is the saddest... (Followed close by the new design)
Yeah the new library feels like a rip off that looks like something a common online game store would offer , i loved the old library so much that i had this thread going on looks like another stab in the back
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/post_your_library_screenshot_containing_top_3_rows_to_help_others
high rated
I just checked out the new shelf to see what all the fuss was about. It's hideous...

I liked my shelf.
I didnt even wanta talk to anyone for months but crp even im here typing. gog totally just puked on me!
I will not download a single game from my 715 and never ever buy a game again until they get rid of this grid bs. I suggest you guys do the same, tell them to F OFF, and band together with a strike of no buying no downloading. I dont know about you guys but i play 700 games and ill be damned if im gonna stand for this. oh look the customers have a voice! Look at the movie INK you can find it on your GRID. somethings gotta stop the flow (jacob) !!!!! 1 2 3 4, DONT DIE gog
Post edited May 12, 2015 by nuketakuler
high rated
I miss my beautiful game shelf. It looked better than the real physical collection I used to have and took up no space.

GOG, please bring back full box art and manual sorting.
Post edited May 12, 2015 by Snickersnack
high rated
Snickersnack: I miss my beautiful game shelf. I disposed of a real physical collection because GOG's was more convenient and looked better than the real thing. =(

GOG, please bring back full box art and manual sorting.
Yeah me too. Loved my bookshelf.
Well, all that I can say is that if they carry on with this desire to become a cheap steam clone, then I may as well go back to the original and re-install steam.
nuketakuler: I will not download a single game from my 715 and never ever buy a game again until they get rid of this grid bs. I suggest you guys do the same, tell them to F OFF, and band together with a strike of no buying no downloading.
No way, they added custom tags and removed the ridiculous auto-paging crap, it's awesome!

I can finally properly organize my library!

Edit: There's order history! Took ages to do, but there's order history!

Breja: Yes, I can ignore it, but the fact is, it used to be a place where I did not have to ignore stuff to like it, and that was awesome.
You need to put effort into ignoring things?

Breja: Also, I still don't like the design of the site, and I hate the fact that my Account is now the same boring, bland, clunky "mobile app" looking crap.
Yeah, the design could be better.
Post edited May 12, 2015 by Fenixp
nuketakuler: I will not download a single game from my 715 and never ever buy a game again until they get rid of this grid bs. I suggest you guys do the same, tell them to F OFF, and band together with a strike of no buying no downloading.
Fenixp: No way, they added custom tags and removed the ridiculous auto-paging crap, it's awesome!

I can finally properly organize my library!

Edit: There's order history! Took ages to do, but there's order history!
For a start I removed SR2 and 3 from the shopping chart just after I realized what happened to the library, and I feel my happy buying moments (I spent more than 100$ last month here) are just over... time to save money

I should say "my two cents" but is far more than that... all this is pretty disappointing... is like someone in the GOG team deliberately thinks that he or she need to bury all the good design and things that this website got from the very beginning... but the new whole design ideas are just WRONG
Post edited May 12, 2015 by YaTEdiGo
YaTEdiGo: I should say "my two cents" but is far more than that... all this is pretty disappointing... is like someone in the GOG team deliberately thinks that he or she need to bury all the good design and things that this website got from the very beginning... but the new whole design ideas are just WRONG
In my book, practicality always trumps looks. Tags allow me to sort and organize my library better, proper paging allows me to finally manually control to which page do I want to go as opposed to hoping that scrolling will get me there (when I know a game is at the end of the list, all I need to do is to click the last page as opposed to wait for net to catch up while scrolling). And of course then there's order history which is useful for many other reasons. Does it look bad? Kinda. That's not why I'm here, I'm here to purchase videogames to play - and if the new features help me sort and manage my library better, great. I prefer playing the games I have purchased to sitting and watching virtual shelf.
YaTEdiGo: I should say "my two cents" but is far more than that... all this is pretty disappointing... is like someone in the GOG team deliberately thinks that he or she need to bury all the good design and things that this website got from the very beginning... but the new whole design ideas are just WRONG
Fenixp: In my book, practicality always trumps looks. Tags allow me to sort and organize my library better, proper paging allows me to finally manually control to which page do I want to go as opposed to hoping that scrolling will get me there (when I know a game is at the end of the list, all I need to do is to click the last page as opposed to wait for net to catch up while scrolling). And of course then there's order history which is useful for many other reasons. Does it look bad? Kinda. That's not why I'm here, I'm here to purchase videogames to play - and if the new features help me sort and manage my library better, great. I prefer playing the games I have purchased to sitting and watching virtual shelf.
You are one, we are many. We got STEAM for that, we do not longer have GOG for this. Maybe I should start to buy stuff back in VALVE´s platform... actually even the collection looks better there... because actually STEAM is for PLAYING, is pretty much better than GOG on this, GOG features are much better for COLLECTING and OWNING...

If they do not realize this, they are going to have a hard time competing with VALVE
high rated
That's a confirmed two sales lost for Gog because of the "awesome" new shelf design. I suspect there will be a few more before this is done.
YaTEdiGo: You are one, we are many.
Heh really, that's your argument? Will you guys find me and beat me up in a tavern brawl? :D

YaTEdiGo: We got STEAM for that, we do not longer have GOG for this. Maybe I should start to buy stuff back in VALVE´s platform... actually even the collection looks better there... because actually STEAM is for PLAYING, is pretty much better than GOG on this, GOG features are much better for COLLECTING and OWNING...
Yes, GOG's features weren't particularily practical so far. Now they are. If for some bizarre reason that meant to you it's site for collecting and owning, well... Whatever, I'm pretty sure GOG as a store never focused on that aspect. GOG has promised several skins for the virtual shelf, so we'll see how's that going to pan out.
bad_fur_day1: That's a confirmed two sales lost for Gog because of the "awesome" new shelf design. I suspect there will be a few more before this is done.
OH MY GOD, GOG'S GOING TO SHUT DOWN BECAUSE OF ALL THOSE LOST SALES!!!!

Seriously, people, calm down... It's just a shop that redesigned some digital boxes -.- I can understand if you refuse to "buy" a game because of a three times activation limit or always online DRM. But because of how your virtual shelf looks? Damn, you shouldn't get too emotionally involved with a virtual shelf! Seriously, see a doc about this!
YaTEdiGo: You are one, we are many.
Fenixp: Heh really, that's your argument? Will you guys find me and beat me up in a tavern brawl? :D

YaTEdiGo: We got STEAM for that, we do not longer have GOG for this. Maybe I should start to buy stuff back in VALVE´s platform... actually even the collection looks better there... because actually STEAM is for PLAYING, is pretty much better than GOG on this, GOG features are much better for COLLECTING and OWNING...
Fenixp: Yes, GOG's features weren't particularily practical so far. Now they are. If for some bizarre reason that meant to you it's site for collecting and owning, well... Whatever, I'm pretty sure GOG as a store never focused on that aspect. GOG has promised several skins for the virtual shelf, so we'll see how's that going to pan out.
Yes, is a BIG argument when you need to take care of a COMMUNITY.

Are you pretty sure that GOG as a store never focused on that? Is the main reason for this place to EXIST, but I bet that who built this is idea is not longer on the team or just get transformed like George Lucas with his ¨prequels¨...
bad_fur_day1: That's a confirmed two sales lost for Gog because of the "awesome" new shelf design. I suspect there will be a few more before this is done.
real.geizterfahr: OH MY GOD, GOG'S GOING TO SHUT DOWN BECAUSE OF ALL THOSE LOST SALES!!!!

Seriously, people, calm down... It's just a shop that redesigned some digital boxes -.- I can understand if you refuse to "buy" a game because of a three times activation limit or always online DRM. But because of how your virtual shelf looks? Damn, you shouldn't get too emotionally involved with a virtual shelf! Seriously, see a doc about this!
Wasn't me buddy. I'm just counting the tally. Gog should be concerned if they are loosing sales because they redesigned the shelf. All the more convincing for them to change it back.
Post edited May 12, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
real.geizterfahr: OH MY GOD, GOG'S GOING TO SHUT DOWN BECAUSE OF ALL THOSE LOST SALES!!!!

It´s named ¨criticism through consumerism¨ and it works, check what happened to the XBOX ONE vs the PS4.

Seriously, I was not looking STEAM in the last 6 months? 1 game bought in half a year there, more than 50 games here in half a year bought... time to start to take a glance to VALVE again...