It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam &amp; Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade; (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
DarthKaal: When I registered here, almost 6 years ago, I would have never guessed that it would take Disney buying Lucasfilm for LucasArts licensing to finally have some respect for their old fanbase.
TheJoe: It's a bit sad really. Releasing on GOG back when we utterly begged for it might even have saved LucasArts from having to sell to Disney.

Imagine it. Had they released here in good time, no one would have to put up with a shitty new Star Wars film.
Wow, I forgot I wrote a post on that wall :D
lostwolfe: disney releasing lucasarts games drm-free?

mind officially blown.
Ditto. I felt like Al Bundy in this scene when I read the announcement.

JudasIscariot: Wow, I forgot I wrote a post on that wall :D
So did you have at least 1000 first-hour sales? :)
Barry_Woodward: Where the Lucasfilm releases rank on the bestselling list, so far:

Star Wars: TIE Fighter #226 (page 5)
Star Wars: X-Wing #244 (page 5)
Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis #639 (page 12)
Sam & Max Hit The Road #649 (page 12)
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic #676 (page 13)
The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition #752 (page 15)
Weird, considering the front page recent bestseller list has KotOR above Indy and Sam and Max. I wonder if they use $ amount, or maybe just older data for one of the lists...
lostwolfe: disney releasing lucasarts games drm-free?

mind officially blown.
Lemon_Curry: Ditto. I felt like Al Bundy in this scene when I read the announcement.

Lemon_Curry: So did you have at least 1000 first-hour sales? :)
More than likely, knowing how excited everyone was to see them released :)
Barry_Woodward: Where the Lucasfilm releases rank on the bestselling list, so far:

Star Wars: TIE Fighter #226 (page 5)
Star Wars: X-Wing #244 (page 5)
Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis #639 (page 12)
Sam & Max Hit The Road #649 (page 12)
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic #676 (page 13)
The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition #752 (page 15)
You're off by 50 on the last four games.
DarthKaal: When I registered here, almost 6 years ago, I would have never guessed that it would take Disney buying Lucasfilm for LucasArts licensing to finally have some respect for their old fanbase.
TheJoe: It's a bit sad really. Releasing on GOG back when we utterly begged for it might even have saved LucasArts from having to sell to Disney.

Imagine it. Had they released here in good time, no one would have to put up with a shitty new Star Wars film.
GOG started in 2008. By the time they came around, we already had to put up with three.
Everyone and their dog did. My dog didn't. He wasn't born yet.
This is so very cool.

Can't wait to see what is coming up. Hopefully the rest of the Monkey Island games, Jedi Knight and Day of the Tentacle would be beyond awesome too.

Haha, same here. :)
grimgroove: This is disastrous news.
The HD release is all fine and well, but I chiefly want to play the original.
But isn't Double Fine already in some partnership with GOG? MAybe they don't want to release the orginal version out of fear it will hurt sales of te HD version?
As Laserschwert said the Remastered version of Grim Fandango will include the original version as well which you can toggle back and forth similar to the Monkey Island Special Edition. Therefore, it would be redundant to release the original version right now.
Post edited October 30, 2014 by stg83
Now luke here GOG, I've gotta han it to you for adding another leia of games. Yoda man!
MarioFanaticXV: With this, it seems that nothing is out of reach for GOG but console exclusives.

Well, that and Valve games, but really, are there any of those that can't just be replaced with another generic shooter? Maybe Portal to a degree, but that always felt more like a demo than a full game.
Adokat: Best 4 hour demo I ever played, then, not to mention all the custom maps. I assume you consider Portal 2 a full game?
To be entirely fair, I haven't played Portal 2 yet. Valve is currently my most hated video game company, so I don't play the games unless I'm at friend's house or the like, which has gotten rarer as I've become older. Only reason I have Portal 1 on Steam is because it was being given away for free, and I always at least try a game out when it's being offered for free.
The next publisher will be Blizzard, throwing their old games at us (The Lost Vikings 1+2, Warcraft 1+2, Diablo+Hellfire, Starcraft: Broodwar, etc...). ;)
Post edited October 31, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Lucas didn't sell to Disney, because he needed money. He already has more money than God. But he is an old man, that wants his biggest creation to outlive him and Disney has proven that they can carry a franchise over generations.
Adokat: Best 4 hour demo I ever played, then, not to mention all the custom maps. I assume you consider Portal 2 a full game?
MarioFanaticXV: To be entirely fair, I haven't played Portal 2 yet. Valve is currently my most hated video game company, so I don't play the games unless I'm at friend's house or the like, which has gotten rarer as I've become older. Only reason I have Portal 1 on Steam is because it was being given away for free, and I always at least try a game out when it's being offered for free.
Portal 2 is wonderful, well deserving of the awards it received. Humorous and inventive, with well balanced puzzles that challenge but don't frustrate you. It's about 8 hours long, though I've gotten another 100 hours out of its custom maps, plus designing one of my own.

May I ask why Valve is your most hated video game company? It stands out to me as an uncommon pick, especially when compared to more common answers.