It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam &amp; Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade; (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
Shendue: And i've been very vocal, at the time, about the fact i thought it was unfair.
Yet, i don't see GOG changing its policy about DRM anytime soon. Even in the highly unlikely scenario of Disney deciding all of a sudden that games owners have to use DRMs, that would only cause the games to be removed from GOG.
PaladinWay: Agreed, though I also protect myself from that one by downloading all games as I buy them and grabbing updates and keeping all versions of installers too. I do not claim that I'm not excessive, nor do I claim that I didn't perhaps buy larger hard drives than I actually have a need for.
I basically do the same, so i don't think it's excessive. You never know, GOG servers may explode or something. :P
GamerKB: All great games and glad to see them here, but sadly looks like the best game to ever come out of Lucas Arts, Day of The Tentacle, isn't included. In fact, when ever any store starts selling classic Lucas Arts games, this one seems to be left out. Considering that I am only one of millions that consider this their favorite Lucas Arts game, I have to wonder why.
paladin181: I really want Grim Fandango. DotT is great and all... but GF is legen....... wait for it...... ...... DARY
I'm not entirely sure about how the legal situation of Grim Fandango is, right now, since Double Fine is developing the HD remastered edition of the game for the PC and PS4. I would think they would have acquired the rights to the game, in order to do that, and that leaves me wondering whether Disney/LucasArts (Lucasfilm, whatever) can still make the original available to purchase on GOG or any other distributor, for that matter...

And, let's face it, as much as we love all the other LucasArts games, the vast majority of us was only craving the good old Grim Fandango.
Post edited October 29, 2014 by groze
opticq: Alright I just caved and bought Sam & Max, the graphics just looked too good!
foxworks: Great choice. The story is equally good :D
I have no doubt, but looking at the wikipedia entries for each LA franchise makes me upset at how many games they canceled even very close to completion.
Post edited October 29, 2014 by opticq
After that last huge batch of games that were removed from the catalog a while ago, these Lucasarts game really fill in the gaps they left behind.

Thanks for all your efforts to get these games in the catalogy. I'm still crossing my fingers for Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and the Dig though.
Very, very awesome! Well done, gog. Now I'll have to dig out that USB flightstick...

Next up: Mechwarrior 2? =D
This is an awesome, early Halloween treat! Thanks, GOG!
high rated
Now it's only matter of time before Dark Forces shows up.
GOG: Congratulations on signing the most sought-after publisher which was still on the wishlist and bringing them into the DRM-free fold.
Disney: Welcome aboard!

Now for The Dig, Loom, the Monkey Island classics and maybe Tron 2.0, a quirky, but generally fun FPS with horrible DRM'ed CD's that contained a kind of copy-protection that made your DVD writers unsuitable for writing DVD's until you reinstalled Windows. Either Safedisc or Starforce, not sure which. I still own the original CD's.
The game was made by Monolith Productions ( A Disney Subsidiary, published by Buena Vista Interactive) and uses the Lithtech engine.

GOG: Please make sure that you keep the music/ sound selection setup program this time, so that I can listen to one of the best MT-32 tracks (The Secret of Monkey Island of course) on the real hardware :-)
Post edited October 29, 2014 by jorlin
GOG.com: (C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
I see that the lawyers for GOG©™ and Disney©™®¼¤†¡¶þ are earning their pay ;-)
You win GOG. You. Win.
Well, we all do. :D
Maybe not as hassle free as you planned, GOG. I still had to download a 3rd party application to get TIE Fighter (1998) to run in Windows 7 64-bit.
cristigale: This is an awesome, early Halloween treat! Thanks, GOG!
it truly is, what games are you most excited about? X-Wing and TIE Fighter for me, since I own KOTOR.
omg omg omg omg I am SO freaking excited!!!! *high Fives all around!*
AWESOME! Here's hoping we see Outlaws added to the catalog soon!
Yes, finally!
I've been waiting years for this, and it happens when I'm broke.