It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam &amp; Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade; (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
Are they ALL the Talkie versions you know WITH Speech packs because it isn't worth it if it isn't!

Now Where is TRON 2.0 ?
Post edited October 28, 2014 by fr33kSh0w2012
ZOMFG!!! o_0
TheJadedOne: note that entering into a contract with no intent to honor it opens you up to being charged with fraud in many jurisdictions (and Disney's got craploads of lawyers and you will have no anonymity when GOG gets subpoenaed for your identity).
I don't recall signing any contracts.
Bought Tie Fighter and X-Wing despite having both as real boxes on my shelf (twice, disk and cd version *g*), because...well....it's *** TIE FIGHTER and X-WING!

Now I do have 4 times X-WING, 4 times TIE FIGHTER (2 x 2 on my real shelf, 2 x 2on my GOG shelf ) (-8
astroclay: This is great news! I hope that GOG will release the Jedi Knight series soon with full CD audio included!
This. Really surprised KOTOR came before JK...
TheJadedOne: you would not be in violation of it and does not mean that you would not be guilty of fraud.
I bought a product legally and respecting all the laws, contracts and whatevers. They can't touch me.
I normally don't post on the forums, but I wanted to take the time to say: Thank you to GOG (and Disney), amazing news.
I'll be spending my money on these titles for sure.
TheJadedOne: you would not be in violation of it and does not mean that you would not be guilty of fraud.
mobutu: I bought a product legally and respecting all the laws, contracts and whatevers. They can't touch me.
^^
This.
mobutu: I bought a product legally and respecting all the laws, contracts and whatevers. They can't touch me.
Disney is really big on litigating and protecting their intellectual property and the like, but I doubt they'd waste time dealing with purchasers on GOG. It'd be beneath their notice and only end up as bad PR.

They're litigious, but they aren't stupid. There's a reason they didn't go after Escape from Tomorrow.
budejovice: Or playing any EA game here, with their terms of service.
EA's does not appear to be quite as bad.

With respect to their online terms of service, EA does not require you follow those unless using a feature requiring an Origin account (e.g., the Origin client) to access their software. I.e., that part of their EULA simply doesn't apply to EA software on GOG (at least for off-line play).

The one place where EA says they may change things (arbitration), they provide an out: you may reject any such change by sending us written notice within thirty (30) days of the change to the Notice of Dispute address provided above. By rejecting any future change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any dispute between us in accordance with the language of this provision.

That is, you can basically lock into your current agreement. EA still lets you use their games even though you rejected EA's changes. Disney does not let you continue to use their games if you reject Disney's changes. (Plus, this only applies to arbitration whereas Disney's applies to everything. Plus, arbitration is one area where companies have a hard time screwing people over in the US as it's almost always possible to find an excuse to move from arbitration to an actual court, so it's not something I worry about as much.)

(Disclaimer: I have not reread all of EA's EULA for this response, so there may be bits in there I did not address here. But I did read the whole thing the first time I got an EA game (and did a file compare for subsequent ones), and if it had contained a clause like Disney's it's highly unlike I would have purchased any EA games.)
tburger: 4/6 ? Not bad. Unfortunately (for my wallet of course and not for me) my score is 6/6. I don't think I'll spend much $ on other publishers in the Christmas Promo.
Nope, you misunderstood - 4/6 are my Must Haves from all of today's releases; I got 2/4 today and put 2/4 on my wishlist, which I'll get after my new little piggy (bank) is adequately fed. ;-)

Plus, I'm holding off in anticipation of the Insomnia Promo. :-)
Well, that made me pee a little!
way to go!! now if gog can only get the "Star Wars Episode I: Racer " and "Shadows of the Empire" those were my favorites.
TheJadedOne: Disney does not let you continue to use their games if you reject Disney's changes.
That's really quite interesting and would deserve it's own thread if more people are interested in this. That means that this leopard had to change it's spot to come to an agreement with GOG, where DRM-free means buy to own. They would be able to enforce their policy on Steam (well depends on the actual DRM implementation). But here they have no legal foothold. They can make GOG stop having the games available - but what's sold is out of their reach completely. That's quite some revolution for a company like this.
You didn't buy a "product", you were granted (for a fee) a license -- a license that comes with terms of use which, if you violate them, your license to use the software is revoked. This is true of all of the (paid) games on GOG. It's just that Disney has particularly bad terms of use.