It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam &amp; Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade; (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
That's the stuff.

If only I wasn't totally strapped for cash right now, but I will make getting these a priority after the money problems clear up :)
And suddenly, I am completely okay with Disney buying out Lucas.
sauvignon1: Will X-Wing and Tie Fighter work well under WINE? Pissed that there's no mac version, but I'll be REALLY pissed if I can't run them at all.
Both have DOS versions so DOSBOX will always make it work.
Runehamster: And suddenly, I am completely okay with Disney buying out Lucas.
I also think Disney is the one who made the deal go ahead - so yay!
Post edited October 28, 2014 by Red_Avatar
AWESOME news! From here on out I can point to this thread to convince all the nay-sayers in the Wishlist section.
Bow chicka bow wow!!
This just made my week!!! Awesome news. Looks like the good people at GOG will be getting quite a bit of my money!!!
Tpiom: 30 games confirmed after all.
We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles
20+ means 21 at least or 29 at max ... so we don't know yet.

DCT: So what? maybe some of us would like to have the option to play the original game? Newer isn't always better even when it comes to remastered versions
It'll probably be done the same way monkey island was remade, aka both versions in the same wrapper.
With Disney making an unprecedented deal like this with the Star Wars games, i wonder if there really is a chance they'll release the original theatrical cuts of the movies on Blu-Ray...
Well, I bought MI2, and Tie Fighter/X-wing. I can't buy everything, but they definitely deserve what instabuys I can afford.

Grey work, and thank you GOG and Disney Interactive!
MikeMaximus: Good work GOG, it's really great to finally see these titles here.

One down, now go crack Microsoft.
jalister: I'd rather see Bethesda here.
Arena - Daggerfall - Morrowwind - Oblivion
Bring the old Fallouts back.
Or go big and get the new Fallouts too.
Isn't it also going big getting Oblivion aswell?
ReynardFox: With Disney making an unprecedented deal like this with the Star Wars games, i wonder if there really is a chance they'll release the original theatrical cuts of the movies on Blu-Ray...
I did heard from an article saying Disney is working on it, but its only a rumor at the time and so far no developments surfaced.

But I hope it happens so someone splice together the best of the unalrted and the special edition (mainly the CGI ships included in the Death Star battle.)
Post edited October 28, 2014 by Elmofongo
Thanks! I'm very excited for your company and the fans who are going to enjoy these releases. We are lucky to have this opportunity!
OH. MY. GOD.

I almost cried from joy when I opened my browser and saw the pictures of X-Wing and Tie Fighter. This is something I've waited for some... twenty years? A dream, something that I desperately wished for but never thought it possible. I've never had the chance to play these games - I could only watch someone who did - and when I finally got my PC I thought that it was an opportunity that's gone for good, that I've missed my only chance. No remake, no re-release, no working Windows version, nothing.

GOG has already fulfilled many of my dreams (Wing Commander, Might&Magic, Alone in the Dark, Sierra adventure series, just to name a few), but this goes above all. I'm basically speechless.

Thank you so much.

(I've felt an obligation to buy everything from today's games, even though I already had KOTOR and Monkey Island...)
Elmofongo: Isn't it also going big getting Oblivion aswell?
I did heard from an article saying Disney is working on it, but its only a rumor at the time and so far no developments surfaced.
I heard about that, but with Disney making real smart moves like this one, it kinda brings back hope (A New Hope if you will) that the theatrical cuts might actually happen.
Holy crap, I take a little break from the forums and all hell breaks loose. This is awesome! :)
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD