It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam &amp; Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade; (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
I'm even more stunned that the games are not regionally priced. Given Disney's history and the fact that GOG now push regional prices by default, having no regional priced game is a great accomplishment. Glad for that.
That's wonderful! Congratulations. Now if you can get Bethesda as well, all will be right with the retrogaming world. :)
What a glorious day! Thank you so much GOG for all the hard work and relentless pursuit of Disney/LucasArts you undertook to make this happen! Awesome to see these games available DRM free here, without regional prices to boot, and even see 3 titles making their digital debut today. Very impressed! And with 20+ more titles on the way, this year's winter is gonna be loads of fun! Bring it on! :-)

Never played any of the X-Wing or Tie-Fighter games and would really love to now, but already read a few times on here that you can best play them with a joystick, not the keyboard. Anyone got any good tips on a joystick that would work fine on my Windows 8 pc while also being compatible with these good old games?
Congrats GOG, glad to have to see another publisher join our ranks.
TheJoe: http://lucasartsworkshop.wordpress.com/about/

Well done everybody! We finally did it!!
I like (?) how there appears to be one dude with a grudge going through that thread and down-voting every single mention of GOG.
Post edited October 28, 2014 by BadDecissions
Awesome! Can I go ahead and throw out a request for a title here?

You HAVE to get Yoda Stories and Indiana Jone's Desktop Adventures. They are awesome little windows 95 games from back in the day. Almost like a modern app but really cool scope, randomly generated worlds you explore each time. They were amazing. Unfortunately the indy one was on 3.5 in floppy which I think I lost, but also don't have a floppy drive any more, and the yoda one doesn't play nice on windows 7 - it stutters a lot. But it would be amazing to experience these titles again.
Good one gog. WIll buy few of these in the future for sure :)
Minbar: Indeed great day for gamers! Thank you GOG! BUT! Isn't this fanfare premature? I don't want to sound ungreatful but isn't a little funny to play, say, Tie Fighter on such low res on a 24+ inch monitor? I was hoping for HD res...
How were they going to do that exactly? They can tweak to sort out compatibility issues, but they don't / won't / can't re-create and re-skin all the 3d models in the game...
Thumbs up.
Attachments:
lucas.jpg (7 Kb)
walt.jpg (11 Kb)
gog.jpg (9 Kb)
GOG, please answer every Star Wars gaming fans' prayer and get Rogue Squadron on the service with 360 game pad support. This is my personal holy grail as it has been nearly impossible for anyone to get it up and running on a modern pc.
Attachments:
rogue.jpg (56 Kb)
Congratulations and thank you!
KOTOR, you be mine!
Thanks a lot GOG !

Is it a step for Grim Fandango ?
At last! WOW can't wait to see the rest of the Locasfilm games :D
Thanks GOG keep up the great work!!
Congratulations GOG! An impressive coup. Thanks for your years of hard work.

Buying all of course...
I hope that Day of the Tentacle will be in the portfolio ...
Post edited October 28, 2014 by golani79