It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam &amp; Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade; (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
This is some of the best news ever on GoG. I've been wanting to replay X-wing and Tie Fighter for so long, even though I've probably got the disks laying around somewhere. Hopefully you'll get the rest of the series eventually, and it sounds like you will. WOOOO hoo!
CarrionCrow: A few thoughts on this one -

First, all the kudos in the world to GOG for continuing to fight the good fight until the goodies ended up in our hands, even with so many people undoubtedly thinking that Disney wouldn't ever play ball when it came to all things Lucasarts.

Second, get some rest when you can, Marcin. The great white whale finally got harpooned, and you looked frigging exhausted during the last Twitch stream.

And lastly, to any big publishers who might be noticing - remember your old games? The ones sitting around making you little to no money? The ones you've tucked away to gather dust?

WE WANT THOSE GAMES. YOU CAN STILL MAKE MORE MONEY WITH THOSE GAMES. THERE ARE THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WAITING WITH OPEN WALLETS FOR THE CHANCE TO PURCHASE YOUR GAMES. WE ARE NOT THIEVES, WE ARE NOT YOUR ENEMY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO ALIENATE US. WE WANT TO BE YOUR CUSTOMERS. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO TAKE THAT STEP.

Think about it.
Great post Carrion! +1
It should be re-posted again and again on every single site in this thread. :)
HOLY ************* ****!! **** YEAH!! ******* ******** !!
Thank you so much, GOG and Disney!!! I love you all!
Now I hope the Turok games, Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, Republic Commando, the Jedi Knight games and other Star Wars games as well.
First Cinemaware now Lucasarts!!!

This is absolutely incredible.Thx and major Kudos to GOG!The place to be!
I'm grinning from ear to ear while reading how all people are going crazy around here! Can only imagine how the folks from GOG feel, so thanks, everybody!! =)
This is so EPIC! Thanks GOG, keep 'em coming! I still have my originals on CD but will be picking ALL OF THESE for convenience 's sake. Please add more Mac versions of these titles.
CelestialBunny: Errrrr yeah, where's my Grim Fandango???

Wasted launch opportunity
Oh come on, it's not as if they said they WEREN'T releasing it.... *sigh*....
askteam99: Can someone please tell me what is so great about these games? If anything I'm a little...Disappointed that this is the new publisher. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THAT THE WRONG WAY! My point being is these games don't really seem to appeal to me. But I hope you all have great times with these games! It surely is a great time to be on GOG indeed!
You're joking, right? ^^

Lucasart is simply the Mecca of old games, especialy adventure titles : The Indiana Jones games, Sam and Max, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Zak Mac Kraken... For a long time, LA was simply the leader of adventure games, and those games were GOOD!

Add to this the whole Star Wars franchise, including space sims (XWing/Tie Fighter games are true classics), FPS (the Dark forces / Jedi Knight series), RPGs (KotOR more or less defined what "modern" Bioware RPGs would be), strategy (Rebellion, battlegrounds)... Even if we only skim the older titles, the possibilities boggle the mind.

Oh, and Disney games have some pretty cool titles themselves, although those are often console games.

So yes, whatever the playstyle you like, you should find some quality old games for yourself in the mix.
It is BIG news, and something many GOG users have hoped for the longest time :)
Indeed great day for gamers! Thank you GOG! BUT! Isn't this fanfare premature? I don't want to sound ungreatful but isn't a little funny to play, say, Tie Fighter on such low res on a 24+ inch monitor? I was hoping for HD res...
I'm genuinely stunned and impressed by this news and just want to say congratulations and thank you.
When is Outlaws Coming Out? That would be Great!!!
Post edited October 28, 2014 by mrkandeag4ever
CarrionCrow: And lastly, to any big publishers who might be noticing - remember your old games? The ones sitting around making you little to no money? The ones you've tucked away to gather dust?

WE WANT THOSE GAMES. YOU CAN STILL MAKE MORE MONEY WITH THOSE GAMES. THERE ARE THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WAITING WITH OPEN WALLETS FOR THE CHANCE TO PURCHASE YOUR GAMES. WE ARE NOT THIEVES, WE ARE NOT YOUR ENEMY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO ALIENATE US. WE WANT TO BE YOUR CUSTOMERS. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO TAKE THAT STEP.

Think about it.
+1.

Be sure to make your voices heard!

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_minirevolutions
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/drmfree_minirevolutions_facebook_twitter_and_other_contact_info
CelestialBunny: Errrrr yeah, where's my Grim Fandango???

Wasted launch opportunity
I guess it comes at Helloween. That's the better date to release it. ;)
MikeMaximus: Good work GOG, it's really great to finally see these titles here.

One down, now go crack Microsoft.
I'd rather see Bethesda here.
Arena - Daggerfall - Morrowwind - Oblivion
Bring the old Fallouts back.
Or go big and get the new Fallouts too.
CarrionCrow: A few thoughts on this one -

First, all the kudos in the world to GOG for continuing to fight the good fight until the goodies ended up in our hands, even with so many people undoubtedly thinking that Disney wouldn't ever play ball when it came to all things Lucasarts.

Second, get some rest when you can, Marcin. The great white whale finally got harpooned, and you looked frigging exhausted during the last Twitch stream.

And lastly, to any big publishers who might be noticing - remember your old games? The ones sitting around making you little to no money? The ones you've tucked away to gather dust?

Think about it.
So much this.