It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Congrats to the winners Treasure and helpo

Thanks to mrkgnao for the very fun GA and MaGog, and thanks to all those who entered for me.
Eheh, that certainly was an elusive game! It kept on hiding almost until the very end of the catalog.

Congrats to both the material and the "spiritual" winners, and thanks to mrkgnao for this entertaining game - I hope this helped in bringing more deserved fame to MaGog, the surgically precise search engine!
Treasure: Next guess: Red Faction 2
mrkgnao: And, with hardly any games left to guess, we have a winner. That was a veritable race to the finish.

Now, slight change of plans.

Instead of one winner, we'll have two: Treasure, for guessing correctly, and helpo1, for being extremely helpful while not participating in the giveaway proper.

To Treasure:
Your options are:
1) You can let me choose a game from your current public wishlist, as originally planned
2) You can ask for a specific game from your current public wishlist (up to $10), if there is something you especially want now
3) Or perhaps you have some other idea
Let me know (here) which it is.
Wow, that's the 1st time I ever get it right in a guessing game! :D (even after a long while of guesses...)

As for the prize-picking options, I think I'll go with the original
mrkgnao: 1) You can let me choose a game from your current public wishlist, as originally planned
, as I don't want anything specific from it right about now, and also a small surprise wouldn't hurt, so why not... :-)

Also congrats to the other winner helpo, who got the right prize for his diligence in compiling the guesses list! :-)
Treasure: ...
, as I don't want anything specific from it right about now, and also a small surprise wouldn't hurt, so why not... :-)
oh oh, can we do a guessing game which game you'll get off your wishlist? ;P
Way to go Treasure and helpo!
mchack: oh oh, can we do a guessing game which game you'll get off your wishlist? ;P
Well, if you wish to do so, why not? ;P After all, your selection pool will be *only* 95 games this time around (I have a movie in there too...) :-)
mchack: oh oh, can we do a guessing game which game you'll get off your wishlist? ;P
Treasure: Well, if you wish to do so, why not? ;P After all, your selection pool will be *only* 95 games this time around (I have a movie in there too...) :-)
ok, I'll start: FORGOTTEN REALMS: THE ARCHIVES - COLLECTION TWO
I actually thought about it, but people who have read my posts over the years will likely know immediately what I'll choose.

Ninja'ed.
Post edited August 21, 2015 by mrkgnao
Treasure: As for the prize-picking options, I think I'll go with the original
mrkgnao: 1) You can let me choose a game from your current public wishlist, as originally planned
Treasure: , as I don't want anything specific from it right about now, and also a small surprise wouldn't hurt, so why not... :-)

Also congrats to the other winner helpo, who got the right prize for his diligence in compiling the guesses list! :-)
As correctly guessed by mchack (no prize for the obvious), I chatted you a gift code for
"FORGOTTEN REALMS: THE ARCHIVES - COLLECTION TWO".
WOOT! Awesome! Great game, mrkgnao! Thanks again!

Congratulations Treasure for finding the correct guess, FINALLY!! Let us know what you choose!

Well done and congratulations helpo1! You totally deserve it and thanks again for all of the help! Let us know what you choose!

Thanks everyone else for participating and making it a community game! And thanks all who made guesses on my behalf! Very cool!

mrkgnao: As correctly guessed by mchack (no prize for the obvious), I chatted you a gift code for
That's what I thought you'd choose, too! Cool!

-edit- editing again for editing's sake!
Post edited August 21, 2015 by drealmer7
Congrats to Treasure :D! And helpo of course for all the help. And thanks to mrkgnao for the awesome giveaway, and the indepth live crash course in using magog :D.
Treasure: As for the prize-picking options, I think I'll go with the original

mrkgnao: As correctly guessed by mchack (no prize for the obvious), I chatted you a gift code for
As I mentioned in the chat too, this pick sure looks really interesting, as it'll be pretty good to delve into these early D&D games-and an incredible gameplay value from what I see! So thanks again for the nice suprise mrkgnao and congrats to mchack anyways for the correct guess (no matter how obvious it may have been...) :-)
Congrats to treasure for winning the giveaway and helpo for helping out. Both very deserving wins. :)

Thanks again mrkgnao for this awesome giveaway.
wow, it was down to the last round :)
congrats to winners but also to all participants!
mrkgnao: Instead of one winner, we'll have two: Treasure, for guessing correctly, and helpo1, for being extremely helpful while not participating in the giveaway proper.
Oh my backlog! :O

Thank you! This is totally unexpected for me. I don't participate in a giveaway because I was very lucky in the recent past - and I "win" it (while I obviously do not even meet the rules). Is it chronic and going to continue? O_o

But I really mean that backlog part. In fact, right now I'm playing Rayman Origins + Empire Earth TAOC with possible four or five games to (re)play after I finish these two. So if I may ask for a game, I'd be so grateful for a copy of Akalabeth! I can't promise I'd redeem it, but I'd definitely keep it as a nice souvenir of your generosity. :D

(Yes, I meet the conditions of #5. It is a game and it costs less than $10. :P)
mrkgnao: To helpo1:
5) You can ask for a specific game (up to $10)
Also congrats to my co-winner - Treasure, and thanks to everybody (including the Academy, of course). :)

--------------------

The list has been updated, obviously for the last time. :)
As I always say after a giveaway of this kind, I have to admit I even looked forward a bit to its end... :D However, this was far quicker than most of the others (aka _Slaugh_'s Murder Giveaways that usually last for two weeks :P).

(Many thanks to mrkgnao for creating MaGog search engine [and his generosity]!) :)

--------------------

PS: One six-years old laptop passed out in the making of this post. Yes. Again.
Post edited August 21, 2015 by helpo1