It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So here's a thought...if Activision/Blizzard bought themselves back from Vivendi, who then would own the Sierra rights, and more importantly, the Metaltech rights? Activision? Or would all prior Sierra properties revert back to Vivendi?
I think the publishing rights for ParaWorld might be split up, with the rights for most of Europe lying with Deep Silver, the rights for the German version having gone from Sunflowers to Ubisoft, and the US publishing rights still lying with Aspyr.
Which would be a complete mess.
Post edited June 09, 2014 by Piranjade
Piranjade: I think the publishing rights for ParaWorld might be split up, with the rights for most of Europe lying with Deep Silver, the rights for the German version having gone from Sunflowers to Ubisoft, and the US publishing rights still lying with Aspyr.
Which would be a complete mess.
Hmm sounds awful!
I've changed the entry to read
'ParaWorld (Aspyr - Deep Silver or Sunflowers - Ubisoft)'
Not much more I can do, really...
I'd really like to see ParaWorld on GOG. I could even imagine it being a good title for GOG Galaxy. But with publishing rights for Europe and US seemingly being separated my hope is dwindling. :-(
Fever_Discordia: Bohemia Interactive
Carrier Command series (Rainbird/Telecomsoft - Microprose - Atari - Bohemia)
Fish Fillets series (Bohemia)
Pound of Ground (Bohemia)
Take On series (Helicopters, Mars) (Bohemia)
Sorry, Fever_Discordia, but Bohemia Interactive is no longer with us.
Fever_Discordia: Bohemia Interactive
Grargar: Sorry, Fever_Discordia, but Bohemia Interactive is no longer with us.
Is it the 22nd already? Forgot about this in all the sale excitement - thanks for the reminder!
here's the Bohemia section at close, just in case I ever get to add it again:

Bohemia Interactive
LiquidOxygen80: So here's a thought...if Activision/Blizzard bought themselves back from Vivendi, who then would own the Sierra rights, and more importantly, the Metaltech rights? Activision? Or would all prior Sierra properties revert back to Vivendi?
No this changes nothing. Activision owned Sierra before this and that won't change just because there has been a change in Activision-Blizzard's ownership.
LiquidOxygen80: So here's a thought...if Activision/Blizzard bought themselves back from Vivendi, who then would own the Sierra rights, and more importantly, the Metaltech rights? Activision? Or would all prior Sierra properties revert back to Vivendi?
Kristian: No this changes nothing. Activision owned Sierra before this and that won't change just because there has been a change in Activision-Blizzard's ownership.
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't remember who came first, Activision or Vivendi.
Kristian: No this changes nothing. Activision owned Sierra before this and that won't change just because there has been a change in Activision-Blizzard's ownership.
LiquidOxygen80: Thanks for the reply. I couldn't remember who came first, Activision or Vivendi.
Your confusion is understandable as there are actually two companies that had "Vivendi" as part of their name(The one originally owned by the other). So basically Vivendi had a gaming division called Vivendi Universal Games, VU Games for short. They owned Sierra and all its properties. They happened to buy Blizzard as well. Later they changed their name to just Vivendi Games. I am not quie sure where that fits in to the timeline. Anyway they then merged with Activision. However the deal was structured such that all of Vivendi Games, EXCEPT Blizzard Entertainment became part of Activision Publishing Inc. Both Activision Publishing Inc and Blizzard Entertainment Inc became wholly owned subsidiaries of Activision Blizzard Inc with Vivendi as its majority owner.

Subsequent to this Acitivision Publishing sold some of the assets of Vivendi Games and merged others into various existing Activision subsidiaries. In the process Vivendi Games ceased to exist as an entity. This is how Activision Publishing Inc came to own all of Sierra's properties.

Recently a deal was entered into were Activision Blizzard Inc bought a chunck of its own shares from Vivendi, while a team led by among others Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick bought another chunck of Activision Blizzard shares from Vivendi. Vivendi still has shares in Activision Blizzard but now they are just a minority owner. What it is they are a minority owner in, is that same thing they were a majority owner in. This includes the Sierra properties(via Activision Publishing Inc). Activision Publishing Inc and Blizzard Entertainment Inc are still wholly owned subsidiaries of Activision Blizzard Inc.
Post edited June 22, 2014 by Kristian
LiquidOxygen80: Thanks for the reply. I couldn't remember who came first, Activision or Vivendi.
Kristian: Your confusion is understandable as there are actually two companies that had "Vivendi" as part of their name(The one originally owned by the other). So basically Vivendi had a gaming division called Vivendi Universal Games, VU Games for short. They owned Sierra and all its properties. They happened to buy Blizzard as well. Later they changed their name to just Vivendi Games. I am not quie sure where that fits in to the timeline. Anyway they then merged with Activision. However the deal was structured such that all of Vivendi Games, EXCEPT Blizzard Entertainment became part of Activision Publishing Inc. Both Activision Publishing Inc and Blizzard Entertainment Inc became wholly owned subsidiaries of Activision Blizzard Inc with Vivendi as its majority owner.

Subsequent to this Acitivision Publishing sold some of the assets of Vivendi Games and merged others into various existing Activision subsidiaries. In the process Vivendi Games ceased to exist as an entity. This is how Activision Publishing Inc came to own all of Sierra's properties.

Recently a deal was entered into were Activision Blizzard Inc bought a chunck of its own shares from Vivendi, while a team led by among others Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick bought another chunck of Activision Blizzard shares from Vivendi. Vivendi still has shares in Activision Blizzard but now they are just a minority owner. What it is they are a minority owner in, is that same thing they were a majority owner in. This includes the Sierra properties(via Activision Publishing Inc). Activision Publishing Inc and Blizzard Entertainment Inc are still wholly owned subsidiaries of Activision Blizzard Inc.
Gotcha! I read the recent news about the stock changing hands, etc. This makes more sense to me than the actual article I read did.
When it comes to Metaltech though, the 'Tribes' series is part of the Metaltech universe and wikipedia says that HiRez studios acquired the Tribes IP from InstantAction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Rez_Studios
So not sure what's going on there...
Fever_Discordia: When it comes to Metaltech though, the 'Tribes' series is part of the Metaltech universe and wikipedia says that HiRez studios acquired the Tribes IP from InstantAction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Rez_Studios
So not sure what's going on there...
Yeah, it makes me wonder if it'd be worth attempting to contact them to find out how extensive their Metaltech rights actually are, and if the rights were just for Tribes, or that they have the rights/IP for everything, or InstantAction did/does.
Updated the Nordic section following the release of Black Mirror today
Updated 3dRealms/Apogee section for the release of Monster Bash
You should add Viva Media games.