It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Terry Pratchett once wrote that “the pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp”. This Midweek Sale on GOG.COM features games with swords of all shapes and sizes up to 90% off. Here are some sharp examples:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (-50%) is an open-world RPG where you become Henry, the son of a murdered blacksmith as he shapes his destiny across medieval Bohemia.

Sea Dogs (-80%) is an epic role-playing game set in the age of sail. Become a young pirate captain looking to make a name in the world with his faithful saber in hand.

Way of the Samurai 4 (-70%) is this an action-adventure game set in 19th Century Japan, you become a masterless samurai forging his future in the land full of uncertainty.

Sharpen your sword hastily as this Midweek Sale on GOG.COM will end on the 8th of August 2020, at 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
GOG.com: Midweek Sale: games featuring swordsmanship up to 90% off
Anyone remember this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/260688528/clang/description ?
Too bad, it never came to fruition.
Ahem, Die by the Sword is an unacceptable omission given the name of the sale gog...
BreOl72: Anyone remember this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/260688528/clang/description ?
Too bad, it never came to fruition.
That seems like a project that didn't take into account the fact that a huge reason for the appeal of gaming is being able to do things you can't actually do in "reality". If you need to actually be able to do it in "reality" in order to do it in the game, it's not a game, it's a virtual practice environment. Which is all well and good, and getting even more popular now, but quite a different beast and target audience.
Matewis: Ahem, Die by the Sword is an unacceptable omission given the name of the sale gog...
Personally I think the lack of Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood is particularly jarring. I mean, Shadow Tatics made the list, but not the other commandos-style game where you can actually move the mouse to control each of your characters fencing? That's one of my favorite features of the game.
Post edited August 05, 2020 by Breja
Missed a swordsmanship game on the list?
Just 2 words (titles):
Jedi Knight (series)
Severance: Blade of Darkness (disappeared from the store for a long time and is not available at all)
Breja: Personally I think the lack of Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood is particularly jarring. I mean, Shadow Tatics made the list, but not the other commandos-style game where you can actually move the mouse to control each of your characters fencing? That's one of my favorite features of the game.
I don't think we should go too much into this :D There's also Sid Meier's Pirates, KOTOR, Mount and Blade and as Loger13 mentions the Jedi series. Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast and the sequel Academy contains the best sword combat in any game period!

One day on a rainy day I hope to get properly into Robin Hood - LoS. I only played the 1st one/two levels but I liked what I saw. Though on that day it will be a fight between it and the 1st Desperados...
Been playing kingdom come for the last two months. Royal edition has so much content. If you can get past the beginning where your character sucks at lockpicking, stealth, swordplay, just pretty much sucking in general you'll be in for a treat. The gameplay loop of quests, loot, gear and skill upgrades is nice and the swordplay is satisfying. but yeah...beginning is like 6/10...but once you get used to the mechanics...especially the lockpicking the game becomes 9/10. Haven't been sucked into a game this hard since morrowind and baldurs gate.
Lol, kind of a random theme for a sale.

"Quick, we need something. We've done Quakecon, we've done pirates... what's left?"

"uhh.. uhh.... SWORDS?"
I like the Terry Pratchett's quote : )
Loger13: ...
Severance: Blade of Darkness (disappeared from the store for a long time and is not available at all)
SEVERANCE... SEVERANCE... SEVERANCE...

Had to shout it GOG. That's the sword game we're waiting for (again)! Sure hope you can get that back.
Hmmm... Prince of Persia has also sword fighting. Oh, where are the old 2D games from these series? Who has the rights now to these Brotherbund Software games?
Must dust that purple light saber off and pay a visit to my old friends, sand people.
We must not forget and so nothing will be forgotten.
Where is Sword of the Samurai?
Think I'll snag Elderborn solely because of this tweet https://twitter.com/HYPERSTRANGE/status/1052194785195257856
Post edited August 06, 2020 by Swissy88