It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ixoliptis: On a semi-similar topic:

Considering that MS holds the rights for *some* older Mechwarrior titles, are the chances of winning the lottery greater than getting them on GOG?
Psychonauts 2 is own by MS and it's on GOG. So we have little hope.
Post edited January 18, 2022 by Syphon72
#fireBobbyKotick

#Capitalism

#monopoly

#gg
20 years ago Microsoft also was on a buying spree to gobble up gamestudios left and right, most if not all of them are dead now.
Besides from the insane amount of money spend, I don't think Microsoft will be able to effectively manage these (ex)publishers with their different corporate cultures and work ethics.
So my guess is this will end up in another Skype/Nokia debacle.

Then again I have also no love for Activision's or Blizzard's games post 2000.
Krogan32: This would never get past US anti-trust laws.
Right. Just like Bayer wasn't able to buy Monsanto.

Those "laws" are just a song and dance for the public's benefit. If one massive company wants to buy another, they'll inevitably get it.
J Lo: 1. I refuse to call it Microsoft-Activison-Blizzard.
idbeholdME: What about Mictiblizz? :D
Micro-Azzard?
Dark_art_: Micro-Azzard?
New Pokémon?
Mictivizzard?
Blicrovision!
Post edited January 19, 2022 by Breja
That's... really horrible. On so many levels.
low rated
Who cares. One scum company who makes crappy woke games buys another scum company who makes crappy woke games.

Their games aren't worth buying in any case, no matter who owns them.
rjbuffchix: These are important points. I think the people running these services would be pretty happy at the fact people don't savor and finish games, and also at the fact the people who do will be sucked into paying for the service, or foregoing the games entirely. This is basically what I refer to when I say these companies give us the "choice" of "take it or leave it." I encourage people to pick "leave it." Not sure if you're aware of this project: http://projectvanburen.com . But for myself loving New Vegas while thinking 4 (and to a somewhat lesser degree, 3) is a big disappointment, I would much rather wait for this project to come out than for Fallout 5 to come out...even if by some miracle Fallout 5 was to receive a DRM-free release here on GOG (that said, if Fallout 4 and a future Fallout 5 did come here fully DRM-free, no Creation Club, I would want to buy them regardless of preferring earlier games).
I agree in a general sense that if the whole AAA industry burned to the ground tomorrow I wouldn't really cry about it. Indies and AA are more than enough for me, and lately are usually my favorite games anyway. However the AAA space isn't going anywhere, we know that from sales and subscriber numbers, and being fine without a new Fallout and ignoring an existing new Fallout are two very different things. When confronted with a shiny thing they really want, most people... not you, maybe not me, but most people... will bend.
low rated
so i guess then micro$oft will buy gog before it or after they go bankrupt
low rated
slurredprey: While the price may be arguably a bit too much, this is undoubtedly a good thing. Xbox is one of the more consumer-friendly AAA studios, with consistently good titles and support to smaller studios for which they publish games, whereas Activision-Blizzard is the polar opposite, lootboxes and annoying, unnecessary micro-transactions and cash-grabby annual copy-pasted games (you know which franchise I'm talking about). Not to mention the fact that their anti-employee practises with several cases of workplace harassment popping up recently.
Dark_art_: After the agressive monetization of Minecraft, I wouldn't hold my breath they will not do the same with these behemoth aquisitions.

tag+: And that folks, is the way S̶p̶y̶w̶a̶r̶e̶ (Oopsy!) Telemetry (TM) + your customers doing the beta tester work can produce 70B to acquire Activision-Blizzard.
Dark_art_: I seem to recall reading somewhere, sometime that Microsoft was the biggest raw data miner, even above Google.
Krogan32: Remember when the US government broke up Microsoft back in 2000 for becoming dominating in the computer marketplace? Yeah, they won't allow MS to buy Acti-Blizz because it will end the same way with MS becoming the dominating force in the computer games marketplace.
Dark_art_: Remember the issues Microsoft had when because Office and Internet Explorer?

These are other times and most od these issues can be countered somehow, look at Android...
Mix telemetry + monetization + default uninstallable programs + ecosystem + friendly low monthly rent payments and welcome to their innocent & shy fair play competition...
The really good thing is M$ embrace the open source thing... who don't: They are monetizing the github source code while the creators... keep coding and uploading for free...
Challenging times for people not living on the $billions world.
What will become of Battle.net in a long run?
bluethief: However something just came up in my mind: now that Microsoft owns both id and Raven, Wolfenstein 2009 and Heretic II can come back from publishing/licences hell.
Best news ever!
bluethief: And maybe Raven can become what it once was, and not a cod supportive studio.
Would be great, but not for another year.
Post edited January 19, 2022 by Cadaver747
Massive delisting incoming in 3, 2, 1...