It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

darthspudius: I would never ever want to see more of that kind of scum coming onto my island. Sadly it seems that they are the only priority for the government.
Really? The impression i get on the news here is that UK is very much anti-refugee at this point, meaning the refugees trying to get to UK from France. You give an impression UK is welcoming the asylum seekers coming through France?

It is of course interesting how differently the news are seen on different countries. For instance, I've seen many complaints from people in Sweden (politicians etc.) that Finland is not doing its part for the current refugee crisis. E.g. when Sweden closed their Denmark border due to the refugees, I saw some Swedish lady in the news saying how angry she is towards other EU countries, including Finland, for not doing their part, so that Sweden is forced to close their border. She said the only EU countries she is not angry at are Germany, Austria and Greece, IIRC.

Excuse me? During this current 2015 refugee crisis, per capita Finland has taken (registered) the fourth most asylum seekers of all EU countries, leaving behind even Germany (fifth place). Sure the absolute numbers are much higher in Germany, but then their population is also far higher, so of course the comparison should be per capita only. No one is expecting that e.g. Iceland should take as many refugees (absolute numbers) as the whole of USA, as Iceland has a far smaller population to begin with.

Admittedly, per capita Sweden's numbers are far higher than Finland's, but I still didn't get it why she was ready to give a free pass to Germany (as doing their part in this crisis), while not for Finland, and even directly blaming Finland for not taking (enough) refugees. Apparently she didn't know the real figures, and was just going by emotion, believing that Finland takes hardly any refugees.

The thing was, oddly quite few Syrians were headed to Finland. Mostly they were from Iraq, Somalia and Afghanistan (in this order). The reason was that at least the Iraqis and Somalis had heard a rumor that Finland is much more likely to grant them asylum than any other EU country (including Sweden and Germany), hence they wanted to get all the way up to Finland to register here, even traveling across the whole length of Sweden. And AFAIK that rumor turned out to be true, for some reason Finland has granted the refugee status to Somalis and Iraqis far more often than e.g. Sweden. God knows why, I don't.

Syrian asylum seekers seemed to mostly stay and register either in Germany or Sweden. Some refugee shelters in Finland have even asked "But where are the Syrian refugees then?".
Post edited January 28, 2016 by timppu
Crosmando: I don't think it's about immigrants in general, let's be honest here it's about Arabs and Africans with primitive cultural/religious beliefs. Who complains about East Asian (Chinese, Japanese) immigrants to Western countries? Nobody because they are near perfect citizens and here in Australia they are actually better citizens than the [White] "bogans". Also they have pretty girls.
darthspudius: I lived in a community that was split between Japs and Chinese folks on one side and had Africans on the other. It was like night and day, it really was. The asian folks were for the most very polite, friendly, were happy to go about their day of work and family time afterwards. The Africans however didn't work. Sold drugs. Prostitution. Were weeeell beyond racist and the abuse my family (my son was just born) received from them was absolutely unbelievable.

They were all a bunch of immigrants who came over to use the benefits system. They liked to brag about it if you wondered. I have never met more disgusting people in my life.

I would never ever want to see more of that kind of scum coming onto my island. Sadly it seems that they are the only priority for the government.
I thought it was the Romanians, the Poles and the Bulgarians. What happened?
darthspudius: I would never ever want to see more of that kind of scum coming onto my island. Sadly it seems that they are the only priority for the government.
timppu: snip
The government... not the people haha.
darthspudius: I lived in a community that was split between Japs and Chinese folks on one side and had Africans on the other. It was like night and day, it really was. The asian folks were for the most very polite, friendly, were happy to go about their day of work and family time afterwards. The Africans however didn't work. Sold drugs. Prostitution. Were weeeell beyond racist and the abuse my family (my son was just born) received from them was absolutely unbelievable.

They were all a bunch of immigrants who came over to use the benefits system. They liked to brag about it if you wondered. I have never met more disgusting people in my life.

I would never ever want to see more of that kind of scum coming onto my island. Sadly it seems that they are the only priority for the government.
OlivawR: I thought it was the Romanians, the Poles and the Bulgarians. What happened?
The Poles got a lot of unfair heat if you ask me.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by darthspudius
timppu: snip
darthspudius: The government... not the people haha.
Yes but... isn't it the government who has tried to stop the influx of refugees through The Tunnel, and complaining to France they are not doing enough to make sure people don't slip through to your isolated island?

Also by the news I see here, your PM mostly seems to give quite anti-immigration comments, suggesting that rest of the Europe should make sure the asylum seekers don't get to your shores but stay on the mainland Europe?

Maybe the news about UK are really different here than there...
timppu: The thing was, oddly quite few Syrians were headed to Finland. Mostly they were from Iraq, Somalia and Afghanistan (in this order). The reason was that at least the Iraqis and Somalis had heard a rumor that Finland is much more likely to grant them asylum than any other EU country (including Sweden and Germany), hence they wanted to get all the way up to Finland to register here, even traveling across the whole length of Sweden. And AFAIK that rumor turned out to be true, for some reason Finland has granted the refugee status to Somalis and Iraqis far more often than e.g. Sweden. God knows why, I don't.

Syrian asylum seekers seemed to mostly stay and register either in Germany or Sweden. Some refugee shelters in Finland have even asked "But where are the Syrian refugees then?".
That's not unheard of, it seems that many EU countries are exceptionally welcoming of refugees of a specific nationality but not so open to others. E.g. I read that France and Germany accept 95% of Syrians asylum seekers, while Italy only 64%. We do accept almost everyone from Afghanistan though (95,4% asylum requests granted against the, say, 36,9% of the UK) so they tend to come here.

I would really like to know who decided that, and why.
darthspudius: The government... not the people haha.
timppu: Yes but... isn't it the government who has tried to stop the influx of refugees through The Tunnel, and complaining to France they are not doing enough to make sure people don't slip through to your isolated island?

Also by the news I see here, your PM mostly seems to give quite anti-immigration comments, suggesting that rest of the Europe should make sure the asylum seekers don't get to your shores but stay on the mainland Europe?

Maybe the news about UK are really different here than there...
They've already let in quite a few. I think David Cameron is only just showing his true feelings. I suspect before he was playing up to the publics views to save face. I'm assuming you saw the whole dead child on the beach ordeal that had so many people brain washed to think that this was real war refugees that actually needed help.

Problem is, there is still quite a number of politicians who just want to open up to all of them, literally. They're so gullible to think they're all innocent individuals. This is the crap that is plastered all over our news papers etc.
darthspudius: This is the crap that is plastered all over our news papers etc.
As a foreigner, it's quite funny to read The Guardian side-by-side with The Daily Mail :o)
darthspudius: Problem is, there is still quite a number of politicians who just want to open up to all of them, literally. They're so gullible to think they're all innocent individuals. This is the crap that is plastered all over our news papers etc.
Exactly. You can't blame people for accepting gifts, you can blame the gifter by attracting the wrong kind of people and rewarding the wrong deeds though, it's like with the code dropping here on the boards.
darthspudius: Problem is, there is still quite a number of politicians who just want to open up to all of them, literally. They're so gullible to think they're all innocent individuals. This is the crap that is plastered all over our news papers etc.
Klumpen0815: Exactly. You can't blame people for accepting gifts, you can blame the gifter by attracting the wrong kind of people and rewarding the wrong deeds though, it's like with the code dropping here on the boards.
Spot on!
Not really anything new:
http://www.n-tv.de/politik/Laesst-Kieler-Polizei-Fluechtlinge-laufen-article16874446.html

I'll try to translate the key part:

Police headquarters Kiel issued an official guideline in October 2015 which suggests for "simple / low-threshold crimes" like shoplifting or property damage to regularly refrain from the process of finding those people or handling the fingerprinting procedures under certain conditions. This practice is intended to apply if the personal data are ambiguous or can not be resolved within twelve hours. This is mostly the case with refugees, many of whom have no passport or an ID entry at the the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by Klumpen0815
The amount of racism, prejudice, culture supremacy,... is unbelievable in this thread. Its great that you guys were able to divide people into scum and not scum groups based on their origins and their countries.

I don't know what religion or philosophy supports this division but I am sure happy not being part of it. Just entering this thread has made me lose any respect I used to have for most GOGers and for that forum as a whole as they are allowing such thread to continue living. And frankly its scary to know I am living in a country filled with people who have so much hate for other human beings.
Yeah, I also think you all suck and I am high above you, both intellectually and physically. My dingelidong is Legendary!
Entering a room and immedeately shouting something along the lines of "you are all just haters, you racist bastards" does have a certain irony to it.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by Klumpen0815
"From United States"

=> That's why I like GOG forums for this kind of thread, it helps greatly to contextualize some comments :o)
catpower1980: "From United States"

=> That's why I like GOG forums for this kind of thread, it helps greatly to contextualize some comments :o)
Please don't judge us all by the ignorant comments of a few. We're not all pretentious hipsters who like to snub our noses at a continent that is being invaded by religious people who are living in the 14th century and are demanding free health care and white women to supplement their 'kill all Christians and hang them from meat hooks' lifestyle.