It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Happy Star Wars Day! In honor of May the 4th, we are offering 75% off some amazing Star Wars games on GOG.COM.

Take part in a breath-taking RPG adventure with Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic (-65%) and Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™ (-65%). Test your skills and reflexes with action-adventure games such as LEGO Star Wars™: The Complete Saga (-75%) or Star Wars™: The Force Unleashed™ Ultimate Sith Edition (-65%). That’s not all, Star Wars Day sale on GOG.COM includes also strategic games like Star Wars™: Galactic Battlegrounds (-65%) and space simulations such as the classic Star Wars™: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (-65%).

This is also a perfect opportunity to complete your favorite game series. With the additional series discounts for selected Star Wars games available on GOG.COM, you can buy more titles and receive even higher discounts! For example, if you buy all the games from the Star Wars™: Jedi Knight series, their discounts will rise from 65% to 75% off. This way you can also complete your Star Wars™: The Force Unleashed™, Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic, and the Star Wars™: X-Wing series.

We also have a treat for Star Wars™ Battlefront (Classic, 2004; -50%) and Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II (Classic, 2005; -65%) fans! Not only are these games available with an extra series discount, but from now on, you can also enjoy a multiplayer cross play in the first Battlefront enabling the shared fun between Steam and GOG GALAXY users. All you need to do is launch the game and help shape the future of the galaxy with players all around the world.

Star Wars Day sale on GOG.COM will last until 7th May 2020, 1 PM UTC.
tfishell: I agree, that would be nice.
Surprised that one hasn't been re-released already.
tfishell: I agree, that would be nice.
pferreira1983: Surprised that one hasn't been re-released already.
Most of the other SW games here had more wishes (not all of course but I do think most). But now TPM game is currently the highest uncompleted SW wish, so assuming legal and technical issues are squared away, I think GOG would like to have it here. I dunno if Disney wants to remind people about that era of SW (if they care), but that game did originally sell very well I believe. next Monday is the 4th so we'll see if anything happens
Every single Star Wars game is cheaper on Steam then GoG for some reason in Canada.
high rated
valkyrieca: Every single Star Wars game is cheaper on Steam then GoG for some reason in Canada.
The general situation of GOG's sale prices being higher than Steam sale prices is par-for-the-course. Publishers like to charge more for DRM-free games. While it is a pain, IMO paying a little extra for ownership (ability to download, transport, and play without an internet connection) is worth it.
Gudadantza: Kinghts of the Old Republic II Sith Lord on Steam is he Aspyr patch version if I am not wrong. It added some modernizations:

Widescreen/Native resolution support
Retina and up to 5K resolution support
Controller support
Achievements etc
And the fan made restored content was added as downloadable dlc for mac for use under Steam. And for windows It is dowloadable under the workshop etc

Greetings
Thanks
Well, the fan patch was avaiable years before (putting a mod into a downloader is not really a change to the game) and I don't give a damn about achievments, but widescreen support would be nice.

Maybe I'll download it and see if I can use the GOG .exe (or an old cracked one, I also own the original US-Multi CD version) to run it.
high rated
valkyrieca: Every single Star Wars game is cheaper on Steam then GoG for some reason in Canada.
kai2: The general situation of GOG's sale prices being higher than Steam sale prices is par-for-the-course. Publishers like to charge more for DRM-free games. While it is a pain, IMO paying a little extra for ownership (ability to download, transport, and play without an internet connection) is worth it.
While I generally agree with your statement, this makes it even harder to accept that we have often outdated games here on GOG. I bought KOTOR 2 here on GOG but still I am a bit sour to know that it is inferior to the one that's sold on Steam and that we will probably never get this (because of different publishers). There is not much we can do when the legal situation is split like in the mentioned case above. However it's time GOG does a lot more to make sure the versions they sell here are up to date (yes, I heard it is in the contract but obviously that's not enough). I always wonder how the community (including myself) in the past often was able to get several updates here while GOG was unable to do so. Sometimes it feels more like "lazy" or "unwilling" to me in such cases - at least getting their games up to date is not the highest priority for GOG. That right now obviously is "getting as many games as possible added" and "getting Galaxy out to the world". Don't know if I agree with these politics...
Post edited May 03, 2020 by MarkoH01
tfishell: Most of the other SW games here had more wishes (not all of course but I do think most). But now TPM game is currently the highest uncompleted SW wish, so assuming legal and technical issues are squared away, I think GOG would like to have it here. I dunno if Disney wants to remind people about that era of SW (if they care), but that game did originally sell very well I believe. next Monday is the 4th so we'll see if anything happens
It's not the best game in the world but I always wanted to play the full game. I wonder if there is a legal issue with Big Ape Productions.
Many of them still simply too expensive.
MarkoH01: Let's see if the potential buyers will find our hidden discounts (you only know about them if you read the also well hidden news section).
GOG has an exceptional marketing department. Hiding discounts is their strength. Not only that they send out promo mails with hidden discounts, they also can hide discounts on sales. When you think you are smart, add all the games to your cart and check it out to compare the discounts, they are smarter, there are no discount values on the checkout page. So you think you can compare the game prices? They even have a counter-measure for that. None of the sort orders available on the promo page matches the sort order on the checkout page, you have to go through the list and look for every game individually.

Who needs puzzle games when you can go shopping on GOG instead. :P
Post edited May 06, 2020 by eiii