It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trilarion: I found the follogwing synonyms for stepmotherly:
- cold-blooded
- hard-hearted
- harsh
- merciless
- pitiless
All of them are perhaps a little overkill. "Stiefmütterlich behandeln" (as you know) is a little more about treating something or someone with a kind of passive contempt through neglect.
jamyskis: ... All of them are perhaps a little overkill. "Stiefmütterlich behandeln" (as you know) is a little more about treating something or someone with a kind of passive contempt through neglect.
Yes I know and I like the word myself. Neglect or disregard is the main component. The corresponding adjectives: neglectful, disregardful somehow do not sound that well but maybe they do. Treated like an orphan, treated like an unwanted stepchild might also be alternatives.
would "dismissive" fit ?
3 July 1988 Iran Air Flight 655
Likewise, 4 October 2001 Siberia Airlines Flight 1812.
Don't bother posting this on a shot-by-shot basis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airliner_shootdown_incidents
Yes, thank you, that's better.
This list is considerably shorter.

On a side note: Masters of the (printed) word.
Post edited July 23, 2014 by Sanjuro
Good Russian blog article about the crash - http://0serg.livejournal.com/146553.html
XenSavage: Good Russian blog article about the crash - http://0serg.livejournal.com/146553.html
Why do I get the feeling you're on the pro-Russian side?
XenSavage: Good Russian blog article about the crash - http://0serg.livejournal.com/146553.html
HijacK: Why do I get the feeling you're on the pro-Russian side?
Probably because you haven't read the article :) It proves that terrorists shot down the plane. My point was that even despite the overwhelming propaganda in Russia many people are still being able to think clearly and analyze stuff. Too bad that comments right after that blog post are full of hate.
HijacK: Why do I get the feeling you're on the pro-Russian side?
XenSavage: Probably because you haven't read the article :) It proves that terrorists shot down the plane. My point was that even despite the overwhelming propaganda in Russia many people are still being able to think clearly and analyze stuff. Too bad that comments right after that blog post are full of hate.
You can't really blame me. I don't trust Google translate that much. Especially when it translates from a different alphabet. Also, I thought it's old news that the terrorists delivered the black boxes of the air crafts they shot down.
HijacK: You can't really blame me. I don't trust Google translate that much. Especially when it translates from a different alphabet. Also, I thought it's old news that the terrorists delivered the black boxes of the air crafts they shot down.
I definitely don't blame you:) As for news - yeah, they are old, the only real new thing here is analytics why and how exactly it happened.
The whole thing ONCE AGAIN shows how biased and hypocritical western media is, instead of simply presenting people with facts and what we know so far everyone simply instantly prints slogans "RUSSIA IS TO BLAME" and "PUTIN IS EVIL, HE HIMSELF SHOT DOWN THE PLANE" the whole western media is pretty much made and posted in totalitarian 1950's USSR style at this point

US on the day it happened: "We have undeniable proof that it was shot down by Russian separatists"

Multiple days later: Still no actual proof

But hey, these things take time, right? That's the same reason why it took Obama a month to show his Birth certificate

This is the same bullshit that happened in 9/11, the same bullshit that happened at pearl harbour

America wants blood, it wants death, it wants a reason and justification to do something big and very ugly
Roman5: The whole thing ONCE AGAIN shows how biased and hypocritical western media is, instead of simply presenting people with facts and what we know so far everyone simply instantly prints slogans "RUSSIA IS TO BLAME" and "PUTIN IS EVIL, HE HIMSELF SHOT DOWN THE PLANE" the whole western media is pretty much made and posted in totalitarian 1950's USSR style at this point

US on the day it happened: "We have undeniable proof that it was shot down by Russian separatists"

But hey, these things take time, right? That's the same reason why it took Obama a month to show his Birth certificate

This is the same bullshit that happened in 9/11, the same bullshit that happened at pearl harbour

America wants blood, it wants death, it wants a reason and justification to do something big and very ugly
At this point of time USA isn't capable to do something big and very ugly. I doubt anyone can. That's why the new type of war has been being tested for quite some time now. No declaration of war, no official forces. Just hidden invasion, arming the "right" locals and poof, there is a war, but at the same time there isn't. As for the media, someone already tried to explain, that this rhetoric is understandable and effective. The faster you react, the more audience you'll get on your side. No matter which side you're on. Informational war is a huge and important part of modern warfare.
Post edited July 24, 2014 by AzureKite
Roman5: The whole thing ONCE AGAIN shows how biased and hypocritical western media is
Not sure how you define western media, but I'd like to think that at least the Finnish media I've read has been pretty neutral overall, saying things like "US blames Russia for delivering BUK missile systems to the separatists and later moved them back to Russia, but so far haven't presented proof for that" etc. At best there have been articles like "five facts that indicate that it was probably the separatists who shot the plane".

Roman5: US on the day it happened: "We have undeniable proof that it was shot down by Russian separatists"

You are mixing up US government with western media. Western media didn't claim to possess undeniable proof.