It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Senteria: Damn, this is amazing. Not sure if genius or mad but I like it!
Why settle for "or" when you can get "and" for the same price.
Anyhow, thank you.
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 2.2.2 has been released with the following features:
* Added the option (located at the bottom-right corner) to have game and forum links point to https://secure.gog.com/ instead of http://www.gog.com/ [suggested by Spinorial]
* Added images for all removed games [suggested by Spinorial]
* Image of the "The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies" still missing

Spinorial: Might I suggest you also use the forum icons for the games - this way it also works for the removed ones.
Also, it would be a convenient option to link to the HTTPS pages on GOG.
Great job so far! Good job on hiding the English pilots, too ;)
Good moaning!
Thank you for your suggestions. Both have been implemented and are now online.
Post edited June 29, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: * Image of the "The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies" still missing
Must look for the hidden SAUSAGE entry XD
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 2.2.3 has been released with the following features:
* Made Ctrl+Enter a shortcut for the Search button
* Slightly rearranged the engine page and expanded the credits section
high rated
I'm not exactly new here, but I've never dwelt into the forum before...to make a long story short, I'm a big fan of your search engine and I get now why everybody praises the GOG community. People like you who make an effort and try to better this place. Anyway +1 keep up the great work. Your new big MaGog fan :)
high rated
plex0m4n: I'm not exactly new here, but I've never dwelt into the forum before...to make a long story short, I'm a big fan of your search engine and I get now why everybody praises the GOG community. People like you who make an effort and try to better this place. Anyway +1 keep up the great work. Your new big MaGog fan :)
Much appreciated.
I too believe we are a pretty unique community.
Post edited July 01, 2014 by mrkgnao
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 2.2.4 has been released with the following features:
* Added behind-the-scenes support for newly-upcoming GOG games (MouseCraft is the first regular game to be upcoming since MaGog launched)
mrkgnao: ...would love to hear from you...
Small detail: is it possible to prevent the "Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once..." message forcing the tab to be the active one? I open 99% of tabs in the background and ideally they should stay there until I click on them.
Post edited July 02, 2014 by IanM
I made a Magog joke a while back in reference to a thread here... using a biblical reference to highlight a point, just for shits and giggles, really. Then I turn around and see this thread. My mind swims with salty water lapping against my craniums. You make a joke no one gets, it gets ignored yet noticed, then kicked back into an ethos with the power of... fucking forum code or something. That's just weird. Something goes from invisible to parody, parody to accepted idea, accepted idea to obsolescence and then back to invisible again.

So yeah, magog. Very interesting stuff. I don't think GOG is in fact the devil, but I'm pretty sure that with a name like magog, someone will make that implication sooner or later. Perhaps a name like 'Fluffy' or 'Mr smarty pants' might make a better search engine name. Why not just call it 'satan smacks you in the face with his wrinkly red sweaty evil balls'... the search engine.
mrkgnao: ...would love to hear from you...
IanM: Small detail: is it possible to prevent the "Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once..." message forcing the tab to be the active one? I open 99% of tabs in the background and ideally they should stay there until I click on them.
This should appear for you "only once" and never again. Has it appeared more than once?
mrkgnao: This should appear for you "only once" and never again. Has it appeared more than once?
I think it's working as intended, it does disappear after being dismissed - the problem is I don't keep cookies or active logins so it appears almost every time I navigate to MaGog.
high rated
mrkgnao: This should appear for you "only once" and never again. Has it appeared more than once?
IanM: I think it's working as intended, it does disappear after being dismissed - the problem is I don't keep cookies or active logins so it appears almost every time I navigate to MaGog.
I see. Fair enough.
Expect a fix tomorrow.

Do note, however, that you are also deleting your "local storage" (some browsers do that when you ask them to delete cookies), which is where I keep the flag to make this message appear only once.
This means that as long as you do that you will not be able to use MaGog's "My Fields" feature, which allows you to keep your own information about each game, because that information is kept in the local storage too. It's explained in the tutorial for version 2.x.x.

P.S. Note that by deleting MaGog's local storage you are also losing some other minor features, such as having preferences (checkbox values, https mode, etc.) remembered from session to session.
Post edited July 02, 2014 by mrkgnao
+1 (again) mrkgnao, the work you're doing is excellent and much appreciated :)
Good that someone brought this up, as it does appear for me every time. Could it be that it's cookies related? I always wipe off all cookies when I close my browser.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Good that someone brought this up, as it does appear for me every time. Could it be that it's cookies related? I always wipe off all cookies when I close my browser.
Yes. Please read full reply here:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/magog_a_search_engine_for_gog_games/post222.